Information from Princess re COVID

2 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

The poor Ruby is having a hard time on the west coast of US.  They keep quoting her covid numbers like she is cursed. The poor girl has a reputation that she can't get away from!!

I don't think Princess will ever bring Ruby to Australia.🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The one thing that really concerns me is that people only have to "attest" to testing negative. No proof is required. I may be a bit cynical but I bet some people won't bother doing the test, they'll just tick the box or whatever regardless. And our blasted state governments were the ones to mandate that protocol.🙄🤬

We do our own RATs when we are close contacts or for many workplaces. Those same governments/health officials trust us for that, so if they are not classing cruising as a high risk setting for vaccinated people on those under 12. Mind you, these rules could be different down the track - e.g. if NZ requests that all passengers arriving there need to be officially tested before departure, then it would be different for those specific cruises.

Trust me, if they detect anyone with any sort of symptoms in the terminal, they will test them.

22 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

In the Princess webinar this morning, they said that B2B people must pack up all their luggage to disembark, leaving the room empty for a deep clean. ☹️

I was so nervous that I was going to test positive at the b2b testing (felt great but being on the Ruby two years ago has me paranoid) that I pretty much had everything in order and ready to go into the luggage.  Good thing I am a "cube" packer.

21 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The one thing that really concerns me is that people only have to "attest" to testing negative. No proof is required.

I'm hoping that common sense will prevail (I know, I know....). Forcing everyone to get a PCR or supervising RATs would add additional stress and cost and queues and I think they're just going - ok, the government regulations are THIS. We will follow that.

I think it'll be quite difficult to just run amok on board without being detected so I am guessing that the general FCC and paid testing and transport by Princess are all to give customers the reassurance that they'll be looked after in case they test positive. ie: they are hoping that if they say - please test and be truthful, you really don't want to be stuck isolating on your cruise - that people are more likely to do the right thing.

I'm skeptical because I have a somewhat cynical view of other people's behaviour generally haha

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

The poor Ruby is having a hard time on the west coast of US.  They keep quoting her covid numbers like she is cursed. The poor girl has a reputation that she can't get away from!!

Ruby needs to be put in a port where she is doing shorter cruises. The longer the itineraries, the more asymptomatic borders can spread the bug and have passengers testing positive before disembarking. Shorter cruises has them testing positive after they have returned home.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Ruby needs to be put in a port where she is doing shorter cruises. The longer the itineraries, the more asymptomatic borders can spread the bug and have passengers testing positive before disembarking. Shorter cruises has them testing positive after they have returned home.

You are 100% right.  She is currently doing long cruises..Panama Canal and Hawaii.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, losfp said:

I'm hoping that common sense will prevail (I know, I know....). Forcing everyone to get a PCR or supervising RATs would add additional stress and cost and queues and I think they're just going - ok, the government regulations are THIS. We will follow that.

I think it'll be quite difficult to just run amok on board without being detected so I am guessing that the general FCC and paid testing and transport by Princess are all to give customers the reassurance that they'll be looked after in case they test positive. ie: they are hoping that if they say - please test and be truthful, you really don't want to be stuck isolating on your cruise - that people are more likely to do the right thing.

I'm skeptical because I have a somewhat cynical view of other people's behaviour generally haha

I should ask their call centre - as we are cruising on Majestic in October, is it OK for us to keep and use our negative RAT from Pacific Explorer on 31st May?

Look, I think the vast majority will do the right thing. If you happen to have the infection, do you really want to go to sea with limited care, and not feeling well enough to be enjoying it. Especially if you will be credited for your trip if you need to cancel because of covid.

17 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I should ask their call centre - as we are cruising on Majestic in October, is it OK for us to keep and use our negative RAT from Pacific Explorer on 31st May?

No!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

17 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Look, I think the vast majority will do the right thing. If you happen to have the infection, do you really want to go to sea with limited care, and not feeling well enough to be enjoying it. Especially if you will be credited for your trip if you need to cancel because of covid.

Those would be the same people who wander around a ship when sick and don't cover their mouths when coughing? (Fact! - on Sea Princess in 2019 one of these idiots passed on his cold to Rolf who then missed the day in Tahiti). Or who think norovirus is seasickness or food poisoning but "don't worry, I won't let it ruin my cruise"? 

31 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Those would be the same people who wander around a ship when sick and don't cover their mouths when coughing? (Fact! - on Sea Princess in 2019 one of these idiots passed on his cold to Rolf who then missed the day in Tahiti). Or who think norovirus is seasickness or food poisoning but "don't worry, I won't let it ruin my cruise"? 

Yeah, also the same ones who wont wash hands or use the sanitiser.

9 minutes ago, Cruising in time said:

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned but I’ll ask the question.

Are they sailing at capacity or limiting numbers at this stage?

TIA

Those first two short Coral Princess cruises are at 50%, the rest 100% except or the cabins they are keeping for isolation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Those first two short Coral Princess cruises are at 50%, the rest 100% except or the cabins they are keeping for isolation.

I hope it’s more like 95% -  hate to think they will need more than 5% put aside for Covid quarantine, 🤞but might need to be 10% 😳

Has anyone heard how many cabins will be/have been used for quarantine?
And guarantee they will be interior 🥺

9 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

I hope it’s more like 95% -  hate to think they will need more than 5% put aside for Covid quarantine, 🤞but might need to be 10% 😳

Has anyone heard how many cabins will be/have been used for quarantine?
And guarantee they will be interior 🥺

We don't know how many cabins are set aside, for the presenter this morning said they were in different categories, oceanview, balcony and minisuite.

10 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We don't know how many cabins are set aside, for the presenter this morning said they were in different categories, oceanview, balcony and minisuite.

Ok - so that’s as clear as mud 😆😆 only time will tell. Hopefully not too much requirement for these cabins.

Edited by Porky55

6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Here are my notes from the webinar. 

The Princess website now has an Ocean Ready webpage for those that don’t have smartphones.

Protocols could change before your cruise so keep checking the Princess website.

There will be Blue, Yellow and Green lanes for embarkation. Blue and Yellow mean you need to provide more info at the terminal. You must provide all the key info required by the app or Ocean Ready or you may be denied boarding:

You only need your drivers licence for all the domestic cruises through to the beginning of September except for the August 22nd cruise from Sydney that goes to the Conflict Islands which requires a passport.

The Domestic vaccination certificate is OK for all cruises except for the Conflict Islands cruise which requires the International vaccination certificate. Take a copy of the certificates with you.

The Health Questionnaire must be completed within 24 hours of boarding, which includes attesting to RAT results.

Embarkation and Onboard

You must arrive during your embarkation window which can be booked using the app or Ocean Ready.

Masks must be worn during embarkation, disembarkation and onboard where social distancing is not possible ie theatre.

Once onboard you must watch safety briefing  - on your cabin TV or smartphone - then check in to your muster station.

The Medallion app will allow you to live check current venue capacity ie in theatres and bars. Capacity limits may be put in place in some venues.

Passengers are recommendation to take a RAT 3-5 days after boarding on cruises 5 days or longer.

You will have to test before going ashore if showing symptoms or if increased transmission on board.

Onboard health care includes ICU capacity.

Princess covers the cost of any Covid treatment onboard but not any other medical costs.

Isolation requirements

Cabins have been set aside for isolation if you catch Covid onboard.

If you can't complete the seven days of isolation during the remaining time you are onboard Princess will cover hotel isolation costs for the remaining days ashore or provide transport to your home if within two hours drive.

If you have to go into isolation you will get FCC for those days of your cruise that you were in isolation.

Shore Excursions

Fully vaccinated guests are permitted to go ashore independently. Non-vaccinated passengers can only go ashore as part of an excursion.

Testing before going ashore may be required for excursions to areas of vulnerable population but no current itineraries require that at this point in time.

There is a best price guarantee which is to encourage passengers to use Princess excursions, details online.

Cheers

14 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The presenter of the webinar suggested people should have digital and paper copies of their vax certificate, and have a few copies of the paper one.

That was good advice I’d not really thought of doing. We’re so reliant on our phones!!! So I’ll be printing the 5 he suggested

On 4/28/2022 at 5:50 PM, Cruising in time said:

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned but I’ll ask the question.

Are they sailing at capacity or limiting numbers at this stage?

TIA

Other than what others have said, a relative has just returned to the UK after a cruise to Amsterdam on P&O Ventura. She said that they sailed at half the capacity with around 1500 passengers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Cruisers. I'm wondering if Princess have deleted the requirement to get a doctors clearance certificate if you test positive to COVID-19 between 10 days and 30 days before the cruise. I'm sure I read it somewhere but now I can't find it. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? Thanks. 

4 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Hey Cruisers. I'm wondering if Princess have deleted the requirement to get a doctors clearance certificate if you test positive to COVID-19 between 10 days and 30 days before the cruise. I'm sure I read it somewhere but now I can't find it. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? Thanks. 

It may have changed, but I am not sure of the details. That section shows that it has been updated, but I can't recall that one applying to Princess. If it did, I would think it is detailed earlier in this thread. P&O had different rules around this, and they were different from the start of the announcements. 10 - 30 day rule applies to P&O, and could this be what you are referencing? 

Isn't it wonderful. Cruising is ready to restart for two ships, from companies joined at the hip. They are both complying with "domestic requirements" yet have different guidelines. Won't this all be fun when all the other lines arrive!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

It may have changed, but I am not sure of the details. That section shows that it has been updated, but I can't recall that one applying to Princess. If it did, I would think it is detailed earlier in this thread. P&O had different rules around this, and they were different from the start of the announcements. 10 - 30 day rule applies to P&O, and could this be what you are referencing? 

Isn't it wonderful. Cruising is ready to restart for two ships, from companies joined at the hip. They are both complying with "domestic requirements" yet have different guidelines. Won't this all be fun when all the other lines arrive!

You're correct, I just checked and it is a P&O protocol about the 30 days to 10 days testing positive and needing a recovery letter from the doctor. I was confused between P&O and Princess. Thank you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CDaze71 said:

You're correct, I just checked and it is a P&O protocol about the 30 days to 10 days testing positive and needing a recovery letter from the doctor. I was confused between P&O and Princess. Thank you. 

We both had COVID in early to mid April but don't have a recovery letter. I know that we don't need it for a cruise at the end of June, but if the cruise was only a few weeks after our COVID, what would we do?

16 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We both had COVID in early to mid April but don't have a recovery letter. I know that we don't need it for a cruise at the end of June, but if the cruise was only a few weeks after our COVID, what would we do?

For Princess, just test negative on your pre-boarding test.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, arxcards said:

For Princess, just test negative on your pre-boarding test.

Exactly. We don't need a letter to prove we have recovered. We don't even have documentary proof that we had COVID.

I made my previous post to make the point that we could easily have contracted COVID in early to mid June rather than April. With our cruise late in June, we would not have documentary proof of the dates we had COVID and therefore were recovered. Having had COVID in April, it is highly unlikely we will contract it in June.🙂

Edited by Aus Traveller

51 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Exactly. We don't need a letter to prove we have recovered. We don't even have documentary proof that we had COVID.

I made my previous post to make the point that we could easily have contracted COVID in early to mid June rather than April. With our cruise late in June, we would not have documentary proof of the dates we had COVID and therefore were recovered. Having had COVID in April, it is highly unlikely we will contract it in June.🙂

You did end it with if the cruise was only a few weeks after our COVID, what would we do? My answer was just a response to that question.