Uploading vaccine certs

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Bring the original. Some have reported not needing it if your uploaded one is verified in the app pre-cruise.

They wanted to see my card. I'm not sure what would have happened if I just opened up a photo in my phone. Phone screen shots of my boarding pass and covid test were fine.

13 hours ago, topnole said:

Does it even matter?  I assume you still have to show it in person when checking in?   Curious what happens if you don’t submit it online?

Also, is a photo ok at the port or do you need the original vaccination card?

You get on much quicker if you have all completed on your phone.  Witnessed it at Miami on the Symphony in February.  We went right on once the bar code was scanned.  Just showed our passports.  We saw others who prefer paper and don't use their phones because they want to shut off world, struggling with their binders and folders.  Need original card.

37 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

You get on much quicker if you have all completed on your phone.  Witnessed it at Miami on the Symphony in February.  We went right on once the bar code was scanned.  Just showed our passports.  We saw others who prefer paper and don't use their phones because they want to shut off world, struggling with their binders and folders.  Need original card.

Tnx.  

On 4/28/2022 at 2:57 PM, cruzvaca said:

So I thought it was just me but I do not have that option either to upload the vaccination card.  We are sailing from Seattle for Alaska in May … maybe that is why?

It appeared today.  Might want to check yours too.

On 4/28/2022 at 3:47 PM, topnole said:

Does it even matter?  I assume you still have to show it in person when checking in?   Curious what happens if you don’t submit it online?

No , it does not matter, we are leaving Sunday on our 1Oth cruise since August and have not had the option to download it.  The checkin agents have not even blinked, they simply take a quick picture of your card and you are in your way.  

It is my understanding that whether you download it or not, you need to have the original card at checkin.

Sherri🙂

A little concerned.  Four of us are travelling (2 cabins) and I've uploaded all of our pictures.  One of us keeps getting rejected.  I'm on attempt #4.  I think it's because on her first shot, they put a sticker for the manufacturer's name.  Do you think it will be rejected at the pier?  She is not boosted and does not plan get one.  The uploaded version has her name and date of birth.  TIA

image.thumb.jpeg.cfbcb2294546fe0d99d38d1a21ea5e90.jpeg

Edited by PokrChick

2 minutes ago, PokrChick said:

I think it's because on her first shot, they put a sticker for the manufacturer's name. 

Or, their algorithm is set up to reject any in which the last shot, without booster, is more than 270 days ago?

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

No , it does not matter, we are leaving Sunday on our 1Oth cruise since August and have not had the option to download it.  The checkin agents have not even blinked, they simply take a quick picture of your card and you are in your way.  

It is my understanding that whether you download it or not, you need to have the original card at checkin.

Sherri🙂

Ok.  So we definitely need the originals when we cruise.  I was hoping to just use copies.  I guess I’ll just keep them nice and safe with the passports.  

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Or, their algorithm is set up to reject any in which the last shot, without booster, is more than 270 days ago?

Yikes!  Do you think she's going to have a problem boarding?

24 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Out of the US, no, but maybe out of some European ports where that rule is in place.

Thank you, I feel much better!  Our cruise is out of Bayonne and headed to Canada

1 hour ago, PokrChick said:

A little concerned.  Four of us are travelling (2 cabins) and I've uploaded all of our pictures.  One of us keeps getting rejected.  I'm on attempt #4.  I think it's because on her first shot, they put a sticker for the manufacturer's name.  Do you think it will be rejected at the pier?  She is not boosted and does not plan get one.  The uploaded version has her name and date of birth.  TIA

Both of my first two shots were stickers and it was accepted in the app.

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2022 at 3:47 PM, topnole said:

You need the original.....and if you don't upload it....it will delay you. That is why they are verifying it prior your cruise, so they don't need to do it while you wait.  

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I've been waiting 2 weeks now for verification. Last cruise (with the same vax cards) it took 3 hours.

My experience also.  If doesn't upload not going to worry.  Hard copy in hand when I check in. On Symphony in April didn't want to see my phone, just looked at hard copy.  See what happens in June on the same ship.  LOL 

3 hours ago, PokrChick said:

It has nothing to do with stickers. Some of my info is hand written and some is stickers. It was not an issue.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

You need the original.....and if you don't upload it....it will delay you. That is why they are verifying it prior your cruise, so they don't need to do it while you wait.  

It has taken maybe one minute for the agent to take a picture of my vax card at each of our cruises.  I hardly call that a delay.😂

Sherri🙂

So my app is still not working. I've been talking with them on Twitter and hoping to get it worked out soon. If that where you are uploading your vaccine information — on your phone?