Internal conflict….help only no judgement please

jenlock21

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

I Am from the mid-Atlantic states and always instruct My staff, until they understand what I require without my having to ask... LOL

Or they get booted and I hire someone to replace them...

bon voyage

The butler is providing a service to you as a passenger...he doesn't work for you.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Travelexpert35 said:

So did the OP speak to the Butler or Retreat Concierge??? It would be great if he/she responded.

I doubt the OP will come back.  This was her first experience with Cruise Critic and she was very put off by the reception she received.  I am sailing with her and we had a long chat in the Retreat this morning while waiting for the ship to deal with the B2B guests.  I was hoping she would get the wonderful butler we had because she is just down the hall, but he's been moved to a different floor--apparently they do this all the time.  In any event, she has a new butler this cruise.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

As a manager of people ordinarily I would agree. Give him notice and allow him to improve. However, in this situation it is not the passenger/guest's responsibility to do that. That would be very uncomfortable to many people.  S/he should go the the manager and explain the deficiencies imo..

With due respect--

If I were the Butler, I would have more respect for passengers that will come to me directly if they have a " concern "without complaining to my Manager. 

As the passenger, I would feel awkward having to face the Butler after complaining about his/her service to his/her Manager.

I would definitely work it out with the Butler.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I doubt the OP will come back.  This was her first experience with Cruise Critic and she was very put off by the reception she received.  I am sailing with her and we had a long chat in the Retreat this morning while waiting for the ship to deal with the B2B guests.  I was hoping she would get the wonderful butler we had because she is just down the hall, but he's been moved to a different floor--apparently they do this all the time.  In any event, she has a new butler this cruise.

Did the OP express her concerns directly with the butler?  

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Sorry she was put off by the discussion. I thought she received a range of good suggestions, good food for thought. And then a few snarky comments started but I don’t recall anything directly directed at her… She asked a good question and I hope she doesn’t give up on CC.

Stan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Good for her.  
She certainly received some thoughts that she requested.  Unfortunately she also received some judgement that she requested we avoid.  

2 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

The butler is providing a service to you as a passenger...he doesn't work for you.

The statement I made was in reference to "My Staff" all of whom do work for me and not about X's staff and associated service providers.

bon voyage

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Good for her.  
She certainly received some thoughts that she requested.  Unfortunately she also received some judgement that she requested we avoid.  

To be sure, I do not know about you, yet for myself and others, each of us need to make a judgement in terms of responding, judge which aspects of the request to respond to, make a judgement as to rather we will respond or not, make a judgement as to if the OP made a valid request or not OR make a judgement rather or not any of our individual direct experiences would make a difference by providing our input.

Will you or the OP or any other poster or reader please advise, in their judgement, how we cannot do so before or while posting??? 😕

Judging, hopefully, my points are clearly non-judgemental, intentionally... LOL

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

$5 steaks are BJs on sale and cooked on home grill

My husband prefers steak at home as he can cook to his doneness and no fancy sauces or accompaniments

he blows his spending allowance on electronics instead such as ham radio equipment

i blow mine on cruises 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Sorry she was put off by the discussion. I thought she received a range of good suggestions, good food for thought. And then a few snarky comments started but I don’t recall anything directly directed at her… She asked a good question and I hope she doesn’t give up on CC.

Stan

This is not at all unusual for an anonymous forum on social media. This is not an FAQ site. She's going to have to toughen up a bit if she wants to post here. There were no "snarky" or judgmental replies at all. Just a few humorous (or attempts at humor ;0 ) ones. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kiran said:

$5 steaks are BJs on sale and cooked on home grill

My husband prefers steak at home as he can cook to his doneness and no fancy sauces or accompaniments

he blows his spending allowance on electronics instead such as ham radio equipment

i blow mine on cruises 

Good choice. By cruising you can also indulge in so many other things.  Kinda of like a mega BOGO sale.

• Like 1

This thread is eye opening to someone like me who hasn't traveled in a suite yet.  From what I see on this thread, OP is more than capable of speaking up about a problem.  I've only cruised in Aqua and never thought to complain about a cabin attendant.  But if I have to, this thread has given me some ideas.

• Haha 1