Live from Royal Princess sailing May 2, 2022 for 12 nights rountrip from Vancouver to Alaska

lks

46 minutes ago, nini said:

I have to say, this ArriveCan is so confusing. Our cruise is in September, so we will see what develops.

All of you, have a wonderful time! Alaska is fabulous. September will be our 5th time, with some new ports for us.

Hello Nini,

Which ship, date, and embarkation port, and disembarkation port?

4 hours ago, KikiKruiser said:

Hello!  A small favor to any of you aboard the Royal Princess right now:  can you find out what's happening with the ship in October and November?  My sailing on the Royal for Nov. 22 was just shortened from 5 days to 4.  And I can't find any sailings on the website for all of October.  Can't be dry dock, I'm thinking.  Thanks for any clues!

@KikiKruiser An email from Princess today has our November cruise starting a day later than originally booked. I looked at the SF Port schedule and it looks like most if not all all the Royal cruises out of SF have had some sort of change and are not currently available on the Princess website.

Thank you to the OP and any others on this Alaskan cruise that are posting. It's my favorite cruise destination and am following along in preparation for my next Alaskan adventure.

3 hours ago, Mike & Zen said:

Hello Nini,

Which ship, date, and embarkation port, and disembarkation port?

Round trip Vancouver in September. You live to our north!

Arrived a hourl late in Juneau  due to rough seas.  All ship excursions  were updated  to new times and some were canceled.   We had to change  our excursion  due to timing.  Ended up  with a whale watching and did see whales.   We only had less than 50 people on excursion. 

Service is improving.  

Wulfwyn 

On 5/2/2022 at 10:14 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

@mrsskyhook. Thank you for your photo journalism.  May I make a small recommendation?  My daughters have suggested that i take most of my photos landscape (sideways).  They will fit on a screen better. Unless, of course, you are trying to show height...then portrait is the better choice.  I think you will find it easier to frame a photo for sharing.  It is only a suggestion and am looking forward to more of your posts.  

It doesn't seem to be a very full ship.  I am wondering if someone onboard can find out the passenger load.  I haven't heard of anyone being left behind.  Have a wonderful cruise and thank you again and again for taking the time to share.

1. What excursions have they canceled?                                                                                                                I may have waited too long to start booking but this is year three of trying to do this family trip.    And it took forever to get my refunds  -so I decided to wait which I may regret now.      I would hate to have them cancelled at the last minute. 
  2. Several that I want are already waitlisted - RATS!!   Do you still pay upfront if you are  waitlisted?

THANKS

In Juneau yesterday we went for a walk into town around 3pm. We found a nice local Irish pub so mg put me into daddy day care and did a bit of shopping. Had a good chat with some locals and also met a group off of the royal Caribbean ship. It just so happens some of them live in qualicum Beach about 15 minutes from us. Small world.

We had a great dinner last night. It was prime rib ant it was excellent! Best we have had in a long time.

Today we will make our way into Skagway and maybe have lunch there.

• Like 2

On 5/4/2022 at 2:47 AM, dog said:

Ok, thanks. We will see. Princess has told us we must fill it in to embark.

coming soon! 

The ArriveCAN topic is confusing because it is apparent the Princess is requiring people to have it in place for boarding even though not at all required and only needed for arrival TO Canada.  My guess is that Princess is trying to avoid a huge backlog or throttle point just prior to arriving back/to Canada and finding that half the passengers are clued out and not ready to go with the App.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nini said:

I have to say, this ArriveCan is so confusing. Our cruise is in September, so we will see what develops.

All of you, have a wonderful time! Alaska is fabulous. September will be our 5th time, with some new ports for us.

It really is easy.   Just load your passport info, vaccine info and it's done until you get closer to your cruise.  I use mine once a week.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The ArriveCAN topic is confusing because it is apparent the Princess is requiring people to have it in place for boarding even though not at all required and only needed for arrival TO Canada.  My guess is that Princess is trying to avoid a huge backlog or throttle point just prior to arriving back/to Canada and finding that half the passengers are clued out and not ready to go with the App.

I think that is totally the reason.  Once you load all the info, it's a snap to enter your arrival information for coming back into Canada.   I use mine at least once a week to go to my trailer in Washington State

• Like 3

On 5/3/2022 at 6:35 PM, Wulfwyn said:

Dinner

20220503_183134.jpg

20220503_183157.jpg

Thank you...if you are able are you able to post a pic of the dinner menus for each night...even if you post them all once off the cruise as I do realize this is your vacation...thanks.

1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Thank you...if you are able are you able to post a pic of the dinner menus for each night...even if you post them all once off the cruise as I do realize this is your vacation...thanks.

Glacier already posted all the Alaska menus.  Scroll to find it.

8 minutes ago, Senga said:

Glacier already posted all the Alaska menus.  Scroll to find it.

There will be five nights not covered in that 7NT package.  Perhaps only germane to this sailing and the Grand at the end of the season, but there are some other menus to be revealed. 

On 5/3/2022 at 5:50 PM, Wulfwyn said:

We have already had 2 excursions canceled  due to vendors operational issues. 

Wulfwyn 

I am also wondering which excursions you have had canceled, thank you for taking the time to post/reply during your trip!

56 minutes ago, PFK56 said:

I have scrolled and scrolled until my carpal tunnel is screaming and still can't find Glacier's post of the menus. Anyone have any tips to find it?

56 minutes ago, PFK56 said:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1