When To Book EZ Air?

CeeCee59

I have been reading about all the challenges with EZ Air lately and really want this post not to get into those things - to me it is more a problem with the Airlines and not the actual process of booking through EZ Air.

I was wondering how early you should book to ensure you get the flights you want at a reasonable price?  Do you book as soon as flights become available and then monitor for deals?  Are all potential flights showing 330 days out (which is when flights for my upcoming Auckland - Vancouver cruise opens)?

Edited by CeeCee59
spelling mistake

From my experience you cannot book an EZ flight until the return flight is also available.  Therefore in your example it would be 330 days from the end of the cruise.  Also flights are not always available with EZ air on the same date that they are available directly with the airline.  There may be a delay.  Also all airlines are not always available.

IMO you should book your flights (flexible option) as soon as they are available and then monitor the pricing,

I posted at about the same time, sorry for the repeat info.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

I always book the first day available and

monitor.   Remember the flights become available 330 days out from the conclusion on your cruise.

Same here.

I got my preferred flight times and the cost of them now is pretty steep!

2 minutes ago, CeeCee59 said:

I have been reading about all the challenges with EZ Air lately and really want this post not to get into those things - to me it is more a problem with the Airlines and not the actual process of booking through EZ Air.

I was wondering how early you should book to ensure you get the flights you want at a reasonable price?  Do you book as soon as flights become available and then monitor for deals?  Are all potential flights showing 330 days out (which is when flights for my upcoming Auckland - Vancouver cruise opens)?

I book flights when they’re available & then regularly check for better flights & airfares.

That has worked best for me but early on there will be more changes & flights added. Using that technique has resulted in better cheaper flights which usually are primarily available in the first couple of months of availability. Although like all airfares price reductions can occur later due to lower passenger loads.

For our canceled September 2020 around Oz cruise we had roundtrip LAX/SYD non-stop flights for $650 on a Delta codeshare on Qantas. For our cruises this Fall by booking early & getting price reductions it’s like we’re getting one way free due to the higher current prices.

I hadn't noticed about the 330 days being from the end date so thanks for that info!  I'm currently 338 days out from the start of my voyage so I will have to wait an additional 24 days until the end date.  I'm so looking forward to this trip!

I booked it as soon as it comes available.  Thereafter, I check daily to see if the price has drop and if it does, I cancel my pervious flight and rebook the flight again at the lower rate.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DHP1 said:

I booked it as soon as it comes available.  Thereafter, I check daily to see if the price has drop and if it does, I cancel my pervious flight and rebook the flight again at the lower rate.

Don’t cancel, MODIFY (green section) to change and rebook your booking

• Like 3