Diamond Benefits Reduced!

nikkiw60

Just seen the new Diamond benefits! No more chocolate ship and no Prosecco and chocolate dipped strawberries or macarons.!
Does anyone think the oft mentioned new upper tier May finally happen? 

F810DA00-54F2-4F19-8F58-9F2E0CCECBC9.png

Both the Macaroons & Spumante are still there.
The Chocolate ship looks like its now a "sweet chocolate gift"

The strawberries do look like they are gone 😪

image.png.001f227db4b2f8e531064ba3b9130fd6.png

Edited by ziggyuk

1 minute ago, Morgsmom said:

You may be looking at the UK website; the benefits (no prosecco, no chocolate boat) have been removed in the US as of April 28th.

The UK is usually the last to find out when changes are made, but once again this shows just how disjointed MSC really are.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

You may be looking at the UK website; the benefits (no prosecco, no chocolate boat) have been removed in the US as of April 28th.

As long as the UK site says Macaroons & Spumante I will be expecting it 🤫

32 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

Ok, so just in the USA no Spumante?

I think just MSC US website mistakes.   The terms and conditions for US voyagers club have been updated at the same date (28 April 2022), which still shows Spumante (though also still mentions a chocolate ship...).

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/-/media/usa/documents/voyagers-club-final-tcs.pdf

4 hours ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

On the Virtuosa now as of the 1st May. No chocolate ship but got a nice box of chocolates. Got our bottle of Prosecco plus macaroons. We still got priority embarkation (We are diamond members and in Aurea) 

So the Macaroons have replaced the Strawberries then.

On each of our B2B cruises on Grandiosa 16 and 23 April we got 2 (both Diamond status) chocolate ships, 1 bottle prosecco, and 2 packs of macaroons as well as the taster speciality restaurant meal! 

I'd happily pass on the chocolate ships, the chocolate is somewhat bitter to our taste! 😉

1 minute ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Speciality in the butchers cut sat night can't wait! 😁

Please let us know how it is, that's where we're planning to use ours.

41 minutes ago, kernow said:

Please let us know how it is, that's where we're planning to use ours.

I've been on this ship 3 times and every time I've been in the butchers cut. I went up there yesterday for a meal by myself as hubby wasn't well.(when I say not well he was badly hungover! 🤭) anyway we are using our diamond freebie on Saturday in the butchers cut with 4 other friends we've met on the ship. 

Answer to your question I absolutely love the butchers cut. I highly recommend it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

I've been on this ship 3 times and every time I've been in the butchers cut. I went up there yesterday for a meal by myself as hubby wasn't well.(when I say not well he was badly hungover! 🤭) anyway we are using our diamond freebie on Saturday in the butchers cut with 4 other friends we've met on the ship. 

Answer to your question I absolutely love the butchers cut. I highly recommend it. 

We did Indochine with our voucher last year, enjoyed it but not enough to go again hence trying BC this time. We didn't think it was worth paying extra for steak when they did a very nice one in YC. I know we can't use the voucher there but may try the teppanyaki too, have you ever been to that one?

18 minutes ago, kernow said:

We did Indochine with our voucher last year, enjoyed it but not enough to go again hence trying BC this time. We didn't think it was worth paying extra for steak when they did a very nice one in YC. I know we can't use the voucher there but may try the teppanyaki too, have you ever been to that one?

We haven't be to that one but we are going to try with our friends Monday night Hola! I've read really good reviews regarding Hola! I will update you on that one on Tuesday.

Edited by Cruiseforever11
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 11:13 PM, Morgsmom said:

Morgsmom ... Here is a copy of the MSC cruise club before they changed it to VC.

IMG_20220508_114011.jpg

On 5/6/2022 at 4:32 PM, kernow said:

I don't think you can use the free Diamond meal for the Teppanyaki restaurant? Pleas let me know if I'm wrong...it's the only restaurant we haven't eaten in on the Virtuosa! 

43 minutes ago, johnnylincoln said:

I don't think you can use the free Diamond meal for the Teppanyaki restaurant? Pleas let me know if I'm wrong...it's the only restaurant we haven't eaten in on the Virtuosa! 

You are correct.  No tasting or experience menu.