Are port shuttles back on? Where?

kaymoz

Azamara's website currently shows the list of inclusive amenities for all guests to include: 

"Shuttle service to and from port communities, where available"  (Italics added!)

This is shown on the pages for our cruise, which is the 11-night-ireland-intensive, departing 27 July 2022 on Pursuit.
However, when we booked a month ago our confirmation documents included this statement (yes, in RED letters!):   

*Please note, these amenities have been modified to comply with current health protocols due to COVID-19. Destination Celebration will now be offered onboard as an adaptation of Amazing Evenings. We have also suspended our shuttle service temporarily

We are wondering if the shuttle service suspension has now ended, so that they would be back on, as least where available?  And if so, how can we find out which ports will have them?  (This affects how we plan for the ports where we might not do a ship excursion, and since this will be our first cruise with Azamara, we have no good idea what to expect.)

Shuttles are definitely back on though not every port authority allows them which is as it was pre pandemic.  If you tell us the ports you’re visiting recent travellers will be able to tell you the specifics 

• Like 2

Thank you!  We start in Southampton and visit these ports:  Cork (Cobh), Foynes, Galway, Donegal (Kilybegs), Londonderry, Belfast, Warrenpoint, and Dublin.

It's essentially a circumnavigation of Ireland!

3 hours ago, kaymoz said:

Thank you!  We start in Southampton and visit these ports:  Cork (Cobh), Foynes, Galway, Donegal (Kilybegs), Londonderry, Belfast, Warrenpoint, and Dublin.

Ok, that one hasn’t run at all post pandemic so we’ve no benchmark but given that Ireland is fully open, I would say, if Azamara can run shuttles and they are needed they will. 

12 minutes ago, Mrs Miggins said:

No shuttle is required in Livorno if Azamara are docked in their usual place.  Just walk off the ship over the bridge and you are in the main town.

No sure what the normal place is, but it was a 15 minute walk for us.  We were near the fortress, as that was where the Azamazing evening was held.

we have Ben on other lines that have run shuttles.   

10 hours ago, kaymoz said:

Belfast has three different cruise berths. The newest and largest is 3.5 miles from the centre of the city. The two older ones are nearer to the centre, however, there is a not to pleasant walk through the docks.

The good news is, Visit Belfast (a council funded business unit) lay on shuttles for all cruise ships visiting Belfast.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

No sure what the normal place is, but it was a 15 minute walk for us.  We were near the fortress, as that was where the Azamazing evening was held.

we have Ben on other lines that have run shuttles.   

Sounds like the usual place.

We have called there numerous times pre-covid and never had a shuttle.

14 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Sounds like the usual place.

We have called there numerous times pre-covid and never had a shuttle.

10 days ago we were docked in the first available dock space with a 5 minute walk to the end of Via Grande   Another 5 minutes to the shuttle bus stop for those docked further out in the industrial port area.

On my return to the ship following a lovely walk around the covered market, several churches, coffee and cake by the canal, I passed the shuttle bus stop.  I had previously noticed 3 large (one mega)  ships in port.  There were  several hundred people milling around, many looking a tad unhappy.

I much prefer a 10 minute walk than fighting to get on the next shuttle.

Shuttle in Dubrovnik worked well although I prefer Azamara's more usual tender process to the old town. 

Shuttle in Ravenna worked well (apart from a significant lack of information about Ravenna onboard).

• Like 1

The last time we were in Dublin, which was pre Covid there was a shuttle but the ship docked in an industrial area that was highly restricted. I'd think either the city or ship would have to provide transportation out of the restricted zone.

Contact your tour company. They will get the information you both need.

• 3 months later...
On 9/2/2022 at 6:04 PM, ccsuwxman said:

Have port shuttles been reinstated in French ports (Rouen, Honfleur, St. Malo, Cherbourg, Nantes and Bordeaux)?  I cannot find this information on the Azamara website anymore.  Thanks!

Steve Newman

Azamara Pursuit

Sept. 6, 2022

Not required in Bordeaux as you dock in the centre of the city.

A1A5167C-C6F6-42D5-9960-BDFDE183916E.thumb.jpeg.e256899f417ec7bc418fe09195b34007.jpeg

• Like 2

On 9/2/2022 at 12:04 PM, ccsuwxman said:

Have port shuttles been reinstated in French ports (Rouen, Honfleur, St. Malo, Cherbourg, Nantes and Bordeaux)?  I cannot find this information on the Azamara website anymore.  Thanks!

Steve Newman

Azamara Pursuit

Sept. 6, 2022

We did not have a shuttle in St. Malo several years ago, nor was one needed.

46 minutes ago, Carol01 said:

Is there a shuttle TO Ravenna port FROM town for embarkation, or will I need a taxi?

Yes, please.  We plan to sightsee Ravenna on embarkation day, so we may need to drop luggage early (or find a place to store it) then get a transfer from the train station area to the ship in the afternoon.  It has been very hard to find answers.  Anyone who has been on an Azamara cruise starting or ending in Ravenna – please share your experience!

11 hours ago, Carol01 said:

Is there a shuttle TO Ravenna port FROM town for embarkation, or will I need a taxi?

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Yes, please.  We plan to sightsee Ravenna on embarkation day, so we may need to drop luggage early (or find a place to store it) then get a transfer from the train station area to the ship in the afternoon.  It has been very hard to find answers.  Anyone who has been on an Azamara cruise starting or ending in Ravenna – please share your experience!

14 hours ago, blobby113 said:

How about Ravenna (port) to Ravenna (town)? Any recent news?

We spent 3 weeks im August on Journey on a B2B.

We had an overnight and emabrkation/disembarkation in Ravenna. On both days the complimentary shuttle was every 30 minutes and takes around 15 minutes. The busses stop at Viale Luigi Carlo Farini. 

I wondered about the shuttle on emabrkation day, as there where only around 50 B2B-guests.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, beatnix said:

We spent 3 weeks im August on Journey on a B2B.

We had an overnight and emabrkation/disembarkation in Ravenna. On both days the complimentary shuttle was every 30 minutes and takes around 15 minutes. The busses stop at Viale Luigi Carlo Farini. 

I wondered about the shuttle on emabrkation day, as there where only around 50 B2B-guests.

So you did have the shuttle on embarkation/disembarkation day?  We will be starting in Ravenna with an overnight, but want to use the shuttle on embarkation day for sightseeing after we check in.

9 hours ago, beatnix said:

We had an overnight and emabrkation/disembarkation in Ravenna. On both days the complimentary shuttle was every 30 minutes and takes around 15 minutes.

Exactly the information we needed for our upcoming October trip on the Onward. Thanks! We finish our first cruise and start our second in Ravenna, with an overnight in Ravenna.