bring soda question

5 minutes ago, cary1306 said:

I know you are allowed to bring to bottles of wine on cruise are you allowed to bring cans of soda?

Q

What kind of food or drinks am I allowed to bring onboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship?

A

One of the best things about cruising is the food! And there will be many dining options available to suit most tastes and preferences. However you are free to bring non-perishable prepackaged food in limited quantities.

While we have many drink offerings onboard, you are welcomed to bring select beverages onboard.

On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. 

Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call, or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home.

4 hours ago, flamingos said:

We bring a 12 pack of coke on every cruise, in my carryon.  Any leftovers, we leave for the room steward.

How many times you done that?

I bring water never tried soda.  You pack in bag?

13 minutes ago, trey420 said:

See the post above that is the rules right from Royal's site.  It tells you exactly what you can bring on--note: they MUST BE CARRIED ON, not packed in your bag.  So be prepared to lug it on to the ship and keep it with you until the staterooms open.  

Edited by rockmom

19 minutes ago, trey420 said:

Every time we cruise. When we board I carry a beach bag with our swimsuits so we can go straight to the Solarium and get our first drink in the hot tub.  A 12 pack of coke fits neatly in the bottom of the beach bag. 

2 hours ago, flamingos said:

Every time we cruise. When we board I carry a beach bag with our swimsuits so we can go straight to the Solarium and get our first drink in the hot tub.  A 12 pack of coke fits neatly in the bottom of the beach bag. 

That's cool I'm gonna try it.  They don't give you grief at the xray either huh.  I cruise in 2 weeks I'll risk the 12 pack.

RCL is a bit stingy here.  They allow 12 cans per stateroom, but since this is before check-in, you don't have room keys and the screeners don't necessarily know who is or isn’t traveling together in the same stateroom.  You might be able to get more past them if you spread out at the checkpoint... 😉

The plastics on our last cruise were looked at to make sure they were factory sealed.  Apparently people figured out they can refill water bottles with vodka... and the cruise lines know that trick.

Carnival partially wins this battle as they allow 12 per guest, but no plastics... it's their way of fighting the vodka refill trick.

Edited by Lane Hog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, trey420 said:

That's cool I'm gonna try it.  They don't give you grief at the xray either huh.  I cruise in 2 weeks I'll risk the 12 pack.

There is zero risk, as several others have posted bringing soda is allowed 

• Like 1

It's why we always board when rooms open.  Easier to get the soda on.

Also nice to have a strong husband who puts the 12 pack in his backpack (big backpack) 

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jean87510 said:

It's why we always board when rooms open.  Easier to get the soda on.

We considered that, but we would rather be on board and relaxed as soon as possible.  So I can carry it for a little while.  The key is that big beach bag so the 12-pack sits flat on the bottom.  

Just now, SullytheBFG said:

Odd question, why would you bring coke on a ship that has it available?

$3/can on board - maybe 50 cents/can when brought on board. Also, some have very unique flavor needs, which the ship may not have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

$3/can on board - maybe 50 cents/can when brought on board. Also, some have very unique flavor needs, which the ship may not have.

Ah ok, I don’t think I am that fussy. Water is ok and if I want to go really crazy some squash (cordial)! 😁

7 hours ago, SullytheBFG said:

Odd question, why would you bring coke on a ship that has it available?

If you don't buy the refreshment /drink package there is a cost for soda, also I like 7-UP.  Never seen 7-UP (I DO NOT LIKE THE COKE or PEPSI  EQUIVALENTS!!) available on-board.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 4:25 PM, cary1306 said:

I know you are allowed to bring to bottles of wine on cruise are you allowed to bring cans of soda?

Been Carrying on 12 pack 16.9oz Bottles of Diet Dew for 20+ yrs now. Better deal then 12 pack 12oz Cans. 

On 5/8/2022 at 4:41 PM, retiredgram said:

We prefer Pepsi.  Royal likes Coke.😃

I have heard that Americans are very devoted to particular brands. We met some ladies from the USA from Atlanta who said they would rather be dehydrated than drink Pepsi.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 5/9/2022 at 11:22 PM, the fish said:

How do you all chill the soda?  There aren't mini fridges in the cabins.  Are you just getting ice from the steward or a bar?

Hmmm.  I coulda swore I had a mini-fridge the last cruise.  Just looked at some photos of average Royal cabin and I believe you are correct!

Now that I recall... the last cruise, I had brought a big 7-11 48 oz. thermal mug and filled that with ice at the windjammer to have a cool drink onhand whenever I wanted.

This time, my plan for upcoming cruise is to bring a backpack cooler with a really big ziplock bag or two.  Fill the ziplock with ice and put it in the cooler bag with my canned beverages.  The backpack is waterproof, but I'll double bag the ice anyway.

I think that's how I'll initially transport my 12 pack of drinks aboard the boat.

I do remember people brining huge roll-on coolers onto the boat as well.  I figured they were part of some wedding entourage and and everyone in their party brought a 12 pack to put in the cooler.  Or it was meant for their beach excursion.

Edited by BillHoo

On 5/10/2022 at 5:22 AM, the fish said:

How do you all chill the soda?  There aren't mini fridges in the cabins.  Are you just getting ice from the steward or a bar?

There are mini fridges in every cabin. They don’t get particularly cold, but they are there 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BekkaW said:

There are mini fridges in every cabin. They don’t get particularly cold, but they are there 

Yeah - they aren't always cold enough to store milk for an evening snack (ask how I know this.... 🙂  ) but they keep soda chilled enough.  Your room steward will bring you ice.

• Haha 1