Concierge and check in time

bmswart3

I have a question I can’t find the answer to. I had a cruise cancelled at the last minute (two weeks out) so we quickly rebooked for one for the same week. But when I went to check in for the new one, the only check in time available was 130pm versus the 1130am I had for the first. But we are concierge and supposed to have priority boarding. So, my question is, can I show up early since we are concierge instead of waiting until 130pm? Has anyone had luck with this? Will they turn me away? 

31 minutes ago, bmswart3 said:

I have a question I can’t find the answer to. I had a cruise cancelled at the last minute (two weeks out) so we quickly rebooked for one for the same week. But when I went to check in for the new one, the only check in time available was 130pm versus the 1130am I had for the first. But we are concierge and supposed to have priority boarding. So, my question is, can I show up early since we are concierge instead of waiting until 130pm? Has anyone had luck with this? Will they turn me away? 

I believe you asked the question on roll call on Friday and were told only suites get on board early

2 hours ago, emmas gran said:

I believe you asked the question on roll call on Friday and were told only suites get on board early

I asked and someone assumed I was talking about suites. In their response they seemed to acknowledge they answered about suites. But I didn’t get a yes or no I’m regards to concierge. So I was hoping that by opening up the question to a broader audience I might stumble across someone who has experience as a concierge guest. So, I guess thanks for taking the time to respond without providing any pertinent info. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

The broad answer is that the priority boarding system is on hold now if you are not suite or zenith 

Thank you. I’ve never been on Celebrity nor done concierge so I was unsure what “priority boarding” meant since that’s listed on my list of benefits that I got from Celebrity. Most of this is all new to me. 

• Like 1

I would wonder as well. There is a Concierge lunch upon boarding. If people on concierge can’t board earlier then how are they supposed to go to the lunch? It’s one of the few perks that Concierge offers so I would want to be at that lunch

28 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

I would wonder as well. There is a Concierge lunch upon boarding. If people on concierge can’t board earlier then how are they supposed to go to the lunch? It’s one of the few perks that Concierge offers so I would want to be at that lunch

exactly!  I want my lunch!!

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

exactly!  I want my lunch!!

Agreed. That was my question 🙂 however I called and was told “just show up, we will accommodate you at the earlier time”

2 hours ago, bmswart3 said:

Agreed. That was my question 🙂 however I called and was told “just show up, we will accommodate you at the earlier time”

From my limited experience with Celebrity agents (and a lot of other lines' agents) - I'm not sure I would believe that answer. I might call during the week again and see if they will actually change it. 

Edited by 5waldos
  • Like 1

Priority boarding, while listed as a Concierge Cabin perk, has been suspended currently.  Priority boarding is only available to Suites and Zenith.  Whether the embarkation lunch takes place the first day or is postponed to a later date is a ship by ship decision.  So those two perks are currently not worth much.

It will depend on the ship and embarkation port as to whether you would be allowed to board earlier than your scheduled time.  If there are no lines, certainly.  Otherwise you may be in for a long wait standing outside.

Edited by helen haywood

The problem with priority boarding has been that most everyone had priority. Zenith had priority, suite guests had priority, Aqua guests had priority, Elite + & Elite priority  and concierge had priority which really mean no one had priority.  

IMO the new system has been a great improvement, no jammed terminal with folks standing in long lines.  Boarding is much faster and a pleasant experience  vs the dreaded experience pre pandemic.

• Like 2