Sushi on Five

tigger8792

We were in a Royal suite last week and didn't manage to make it to Luminae. Not tried sushi for room service but certainly you can collect to go. Remember Sushi for lunch, or the porch depending on the ship also Murano, Tuscan and Lawnclub often open for lunch once per cruise depending on the ship of course. Don't forget Gelato is include for Royal suites too. 

Don't for get to start with the eggs benedict and a bloody mary for beakfast in your room too

Edited by groryjm

2 minutes ago, groryjm said:

We were in a Royal suite last week and didn't manage to make it to Luminae. Yes Sushi for lunch, or the porch depending on the ship also Murano, Tuscan and Lawnclub offten open for lunch once per cruise depending on the ship of course. Don't forget Gelato is include for Royal suites too. 

Don't for get to start with the eggs benedict and a bloody mary for beakfast in your room too

That sound great.  Thanks for the information

1 hour ago, sherylc said:

We had our butler bring us Sushi on 5 when last in a Royal Suite - no problem at all.

This is what I plan on doing. Not so much for lunch like the OP asked, but the occasional roll or 2 in the afternoon would be nice break from the other canapes.

• Like 1

Our butler delivered Sushi on Five to a sky suite for lunch. He asked us early that morning what we were planning for the day. We had decided on Sushi On Five but had not decided whether we were going to eat there or carry out to eat on our balcony. He brought it to us and we were sworn to secrecy forever because the suite mananger comped it.

Edited by cruzzzinma
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzzzinma said:

Our butler delivered Sushi on Five to a sky suite for lunch. He asked us early that morning what we were planning for the day. We had decided on Sushi On Five but had not decided whether we were going to eat there or carry out to eat on our balcony. He brought it to us and we were sworn to secrecy forever because the suite mananger comped it.

So much for keeping a secret. We’ll have  sushi delivered for lunch on our next cruise.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Generally, in a Royal suite you cannot order room service from any of the Specialties and Luminae. 

7 hours ago, sherylc said:

We had our butler bring us Sushi on 5 when last in a Royal Suite - no problem at all.

It is contradictions in service that make it hard to advise…Our general rule when cruising in a higher suite is to remember the first quote which is totally accurate. A higher suite does not include room service from the speciality restaurants or Luminae.

If we want something above ‘normal’ we will politely ask, usually the day before. If it is a ‘yes’ we are pleased if it is a ‘no’ we would accept it as the rules being applied on that ship. Sometimes the No can have a reason. For example, in our experience, Sushi has not opened until 2pm on some port days so requesting a lunch delivery at 1 pm would not be possible.

At present with service levels on some ships struggling with staff quarantined, guests quarantined and needing room service  I would be reluctant to ask for much above and beyond….

5 hours ago, cruzzzinma said:

This definitely is not usual. Sky suite guests usually pay for all speciality meals. Delighted that the poster was treated but would not want other guests to expect this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

It is contradictions in service that make it hard to advise…Our general rule when cruising in a higher suite is to remember the first quote which is totally accurate. A higher suite does not include room service from the speciality restaurants or Luminae.

If we want something above ‘normal’ we will politely ask, usually the day before. If it is a ‘yes’ we are pleased if it is a ‘no’ we would accept it as the rules being applied on that ship. Sometimes the No can have a reason. For example, in our experience, Sushi has not opened until 2pm on some port days so requesting a lunch delivery at 1 pm would not be possible.

At present with service levels on some ships struggling with staff quarantined, guests quarantined and needing room service  I would be reluctant to ask for much above and beyond….

This definitely is not usual. Sky suite guests usually pay for all speciality meals. Delighted that the poster was treated but would not want other guests to expect this.

I have been told by multiple butlers onboard that only the top-most suites on board can get Luminae and specialties for room service. I personally ordered from Luminae while on Summit in the Penthouse. Our butler offered us a specialty as well but we didn’t take him up on it as there were two in our party who were not in the Penthouse with the other three of us and we didn’t want to push it with the requests even though he did accommodate all five of us en suite one evening from Luminae. On another cruise while dining in Luminae one night our server told us the guests in one of the Penthouses on that cruise dined in their cabin every night with food delivered from Luminae. That was actually when I first heard about that even being an option. That server also confirmed it was only an option for Penthouse. All this information was in regards to S and M class. I’m sure others in Royal Suite will report being able to have this service too but that seems to be inconsistent as I believe others have been told no so it may depend on how busy a particular sailing is and how overloaded a particular butler is and maybe even the CC level of the passenger (Elite Plus or Zenith they might say yes). For Edge class the Iconic Suite would definitely have this perk but not sure about Penthouse or Edge Villa.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruzzzinma said:

Remind me to never share a secret with you, LOL. You can be assured now that no Sky Suite passenger will ever get that perk again! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

I have been told by multiple butlers onboard that only the top-most suites on board can get Luminae and specialties for room service. I personally ordered from Luminae while on Summit in the Penthouse. Our butler offered us a specialty as well but we didn’t take him up on it as there were two in our party who were not in the Penthouse with the other three of us and we didn’t want to push it with the requests even though he did accommodate all five of us en suite one evening from Luminae. On another cruise while dining in Luminae one night our server told us the guests in one of the Penthouses on that cruise dined in their cabin every night with food delivered from Luminae. That was actually when I first heard about that even being an option. That server also confirmed it was only an option for Penthouse. All this information was in regards to S and M class. I’m sure others in Royal Suite will report being able to have this service too but that seems to be inconsistent as I believe others have been told no so it may depend on how busy a particular sailing is and how overloaded a particular butler is and maybe even the CC level of the passenger (Elite Plus or Zenith they might say yes). For Edge class the Iconic Suite would definitely have this perk but not sure about Penthouse or Edge Villa.

You sound much like us…We generally cruise in RS or PH and are aware that you can request extras. Like yourselves we rarely dine in suite. The only times we have really wanted something a bit different has been lunchtime sea days on busy cruises where we have not wanted the formality of Luminae nor the busy, busy buffet. Sometimes we may simply settle for the standard room menu offerings but on a couple of occasions we have chatted to the butler the day before and he has arranged an Indian selection served family style (not on any menu). 

I have always thought ‘reasonableness’ comes into play with requests above what you are entitled to. Frequency of special requests,  giving staff time to arrange things…

What often worries me about posts like this is people reading them and expecting ‘extras’ as entitlements…Big difference between requesting and demanding….

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

... so it may depend on how busy a particular sailing is and how overloaded a particular butler is and maybe even the CC level of the passenger (Elite Plus or Zenith they might say yes).

Or maybe on your first Celebrity cruise... we have our suspicions that they pamper you extra hard the first time to hook you. LOL

• Like 1

We had room service for lunch from the Retreat Sundeck. On a port day. It was delicious. We sailed in a RS on Silhouette and had a terrific Butler, Ramir.

Edited by asnaleah
Added info
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, levramosis said:

Or maybe on your first Celebrity cruise... we have our suspicions that they pamper you extra hard the first time to hook you. LOL

Definitely! First time cruisers have a star / asterisk printed on their sea pass to make sure that the staff know it's their first cruise.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chemmo said:

You sound much like us…We generally cruise in RS or PH and are aware that you can request extras. Like yourselves we rarely dine in suite. The only times we have really wanted something a bit different has been lunchtime sea days on busy cruises where we have not wanted the formality of Luminae nor the busy, busy buffet. Sometimes we may simply settle for the standard room menu offerings but on a couple of occasions we have chatted to the butler the day before and he has arranged an Indian selection served family style (not on any menu). 

I have always thought ‘reasonableness’ comes into play with requests above what you are entitled to. Frequency of special requests,  giving staff time to arrange things…

What often worries me about posts like this is people reading them and expecting ‘extras’ as entitlements…Big difference between requesting and demanding….

my personal opinion is that "extras" should never even be requested. Ultimately they are making demands not permitted in the schedules of those that have to fulfill on them. 

52 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

my personal opinion is that "extras" should never even be requested. Ultimately they are making demands not permitted in the schedules of those that have to fulfill on them. 

Requests are not demands. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

The Butler (Retreat Host) role does include the delivery and set up of in suite dining, arranging private parties, delivery of snacks, coffee etc. If given warning, in our experience, butlers enjoy setting up special meals and gatherings. They can arrange with other staff to cover other duties when special events are arranged. For example, when we were in one PH on the Summit our Butler apologised that if we contacted him that evening we would reach another Butler as he was delegated to the cocktail party in the other PH suite. It didn’t matter to us, we were invited to the party anyway, but it does show that with pre arrangements things can be catered for. Similarly when we arranged a sail away party on Solstice our Butler informed us he had been ‘freed’ from other tasks to see to us. What is less easy for Butlers is guests expecting/demanding last minute ‘extras’. Also what is less easy is if one suite is organising something special every day. Coming back to my comment in answer to a previous post that it all comes down to ‘reasonableness of number of requests and timing’.

5 hours ago, RichYak said:

Requests are not demands. 

Agree.

4 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

They amount to a demand when the staff is instructed to never say no, or is so afraid they will be given a less than stellar rating.

If requests are worded as demands I understand what you are saying. There is a big difference between saying ‘Is it possible to xxx’ compared to ‘I want xxx’

However, I think most Butlers often see special requests as a way of earning a better tip and rating. Whenever there are posts on tipping Butlers most guests tend to comment that if they request more they tip more…I do not want to turn this post into one re tipping (enough of them already) I am just pointing out a possible alternative perspective from the Butlers viewpoint….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

The Butler (Retreat Host) role does include the delivery and set up of in suite dining, arranging private parties, delivery of snacks, coffee etc. If given warning, in our experience, butlers enjoy setting up special meals and gatherings. They can arrange with other staff to cover other duties when special events are arranged. For example, when we were in one PH on the Summit our Butler apologised that if we contacted him that evening we would reach another Butler as he was delegated to the cocktail party in the other PH suite. It didn’t matter to us, we were invited to the party anyway, but it does show that with pre arrangements things can be catered for. Similarly when we arranged a sail away party on Solstice our Butler informed us he had been ‘freed’ from other tasks to see to us. What is less easy for Butlers is guests expecting/demanding last minute ‘extras’. Also what is less easy is if one suite is organising something special every day. Coming back to my comment in answer to a previous post that it all comes down to ‘reasonableness of number of requests and timing’.

Agree.

If requests are worded as demands I understand what you are saying. There is a big difference between saying ‘Is it possible to xxx’ compared to ‘I want xxx’

However, I think most Butlers often see special requests as a way of earning a better tip and rating. Whenever there are posts on tipping Butlers most guests tend to comment that if they request more they tip more…I do not want to turn this post into one re tipping (enough of them already) I am just pointing out a possible alternative perspective from the Butlers viewpoint….

All points well taken. you're a reasonable person and no doubt do not make unreasonable requests. However, after a long life of exposure to other people, I would never make the same assumption of most others. Certainly not based just upon the sense of self-entitlement I have read  on these forums.

By way of example, there is a section of main roadway, on my way home daily, that is poorly designed. It's two lanes. The left is a left turn only. The right is intended to proceed straight or turn right.  The right lane backs up for maybe 20 car lengths while the left remains clear. Everyone always lines up and waits patiently. There are inevitably a few that drive in the left lane and then sneak over at the last minute, bypassing the wait.  Apparently these people think they are so special that they don't have to wait like everyone else. I have clients who feel that because they earn more annually, they should be privileged in terms of their priority and service. I have clients who feel they should be treated best because they go to church daily and make cakes for the resident priest. Nothing could be further from the truth. I've developed a huge dislike for people who feel self-entitled and privileged. 

On 5/10/2022 at 9:46 PM, cruzzzinma said:

He brought it to us and we were sworn to secrecy forever because the suite mananger comped it.

Remind me not to share my darkest secrets with you.

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

However, I think most Butlers often see special requests as a way of earning a better tip and rating.

We've certainly noticed our Butler getting nervous, when we hadn't asked for anything special by the half-way point...

Usually it takes the merest hint of an opportunity for them to do something extra and it just happens...

Then again perhaps we've just been lucky with our Butlers in the past...

Edited by Mark_T