Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane

My two cents worth - for Australia app, says PCR 72 hrs, RAT 24 hrs. I think confusion is all to do with Princess' sloppy drafting and not consistently tailoring ALL relevant info to the Aussie sailings. I don't suspect we need to upload a photo of RAT test despite what a Princess rep says. Protocols on Princess site for cruise sailings from Sydney and Brisbane clearly says attest to negative result. Nevertheless, for the sake of keeping the app happy I had decided that I'd probably take a photo of the negative test (for what it's worth - being nil) just so I could upload something 😀 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jean C said:

My two cents worth - for Australia app, says PCR 72 hrs, RAT 24 hrs. I think confusion is all to do with Princess' sloppy drafting and not consistently tailoring ALL relevant info to the Aussie sailings. I don't suspect we need to upload a photo of RAT test despite what a Princess rep says. Protocols on Princess site for cruise sailings from Sydney and Brisbane clearly says attest to negative result. Nevertheless, for the sake of keeping the app happy I had decided that I'd probably take a photo of the negative test (for what it's worth - being nil) just so I could upload something 😀 

What @Cbtours is saying as I understand it. Is that you can't proceed to update your Health Status UNLESS you upload a photo. Very contradictory as to what Princess have been saying all along yes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

What @Cbtours is saying as I understand it. Is that you can't proceed to update your Health Status UNLESS you upload a photo. Very contradictory as to what Princess have been saying all along yes.

Aha, so you can't do the health questionnaire without first uploading something to the covid field. What a bunch of wallies, I guess they aren't aware of the stress it could cause to their more senior and less tech savvy passengers 🥴

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Jean C said:

I agree. We shouldn't have to up-load a worthless photo of our negative RATs, but if that is what is required, I will do it.

I hope that Princess will realize that they have made an error and change the requirements on their app.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

I’m watching app constantly fir changes. The daily activities are now loaded

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I’m watching app constantly fir changes. The daily activities are now loaded

Is that the daily activities for the WHOLE 3 day cruise, or just tomorrow?

Edited by CDaze71
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

The whole cruise 3 days. Next cruise 19-23 not showing yet

Edited by Cbtours
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On a very positive note, there's an item in today's NZ Herald saying that pre departure testing to enter NZ is likely to be scrapped as early as next week with an announcement expected tomorrow. I can't say how happy I am, I've been worrying at the back of my mind, what if I test positive on disembarkation, even without symptoms, and have all the hassles of not being able to get home as planned. Fingers crossed pre departure tests DO get scrapped, yay, yay, yay 😷 🙃

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

If I get chance I can go in and write them down. Any particular things you interested in? Like effys jewelry is showing lol

Just now, Jean C said:

On a very positive note, there's an item in today's NZ Herald saying that pre departure testing to enter NZ is likely to be scrapped as early as next week with an announcement expected tomorrow. I can't say how happy I am, I've been worrying at the back of my mind, what if I test positive on disembarkation, even without symptoms, and have all the hassles of not being able to get home as planned. Fingers crossed pre departure tests DO get scrapped, yay, yay, yay 😷 🙃

I’ve been a tad nervous about doing 4 b2b for the same reason 

Just now, Cbtours said:

If I get chance I can go in and write them down. Any particular things you interested in? Like effys jewelry is showing lol

NOT EFFYS - lol.
Say any activity that is NOT trivia. So 60 second challenge, carpet bowls, golf putting, bean bag toss, those sort of things. And the time of the nightly shows (to fit in with dinner)

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

Coooool I like that. Can you click on interested events and bookmark them? What time are the night shows?

I better get that live topic going lol

daily program starts at 11am tomorrow

• Thanks 1

We're interested in trivia times.

I got an email the other day saying the production show Encore will be on the 26th June cruise. I love this show and it's predecessor Bravo. It's usually popular songs from opera and musicals, with a guest artist -  either a soprano or tenor. Glorious music and costumes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I better get that live topic going lol

daily program starts at 11am tomorrow

15 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Ok you click on an activity and it opens up all the details, and gives you the option to book, reserve a place etc. can’t see any shows as such in first cruise, but there’s an English comedian Jeff green got a show.

there is also Pilates, an abs class, zumba, carpet bowls, stretch and release, line dancing, ice carving, crowded house concert under the stars,music trivia 80”s,  movie ford vs Ferrari, let’s get quizzical trivia, football shootout, poolside grooves, goofy golf, liars club game show, karaoke, 

all over the three days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We're interested in trivia times.

I got an email the other day saying the production show Encore will be on the 26th June cruise. I love this show and it's predecessor Bravo. It's usually popular songs from opera and musicals, with a guest artist -  either a soprano or tenor. Glorious music and costumes.

I like trivia too, but trivia is a definite inclusion multiple times in a day. I guess I just want to make sure I have OTHER activities do, not just trivia.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Ok you click on an activity and it opens up all the details, and gives you the option to book, reserve a place etc. can’t see any shows as such in first cruise, but there’s an English comedian Jeff green got a show.

there is also Pilates, an abs class, zumba, carpet bowls, stretch and release, line dancing, ice carving, crowded house concert under the stars,music trivia 80”s,  movie ford vs Ferrari, let’s get quizzical trivia, football shootout, poolside grooves, goofy golf, liars club game show, karaoke, 

all over the three days. 

YAY - sounds great. What time is the Carpet Bowls on? Or actually, more to the point, is there ANYTHING on at 10am? If there is I might move our Meet and Greet time ever so slightly.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

all over the three days. 

Are the Pilates and Zumba pay for events,?

Cheers Carole

• Like 1

I daren't log out, this thread is THE place to be, hehehe. Thanks again Irene for caring enough about the rest of us to keep informing us, and for building our excitement in the process 😷 🤗

Sadly I  won't be able to meet any of you, our cruise is 22 July and I've lurked on this site hungry for info. Thanks again everyone and Irene. Keep the updates coming 💕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

YAY - sounds great. What time is the Carpet Bowls on? Or actually, more to the point, is there ANYTHING on at 10am? If there is I might move our Meet and Greet time ever so slightly.

Carpet bowls in afternoon and nothing special at 10am for meet up

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Are you going to pay and schedule in for one of those Traveller PCR Tests (approx $150pp)? Or do you have somewhere nearby you that allows for free walk-in no symptoms PCR tests?

If the experience of a couple of my family members is any guide, we now have to have a doctor's request to get a PCR test. You can't just rock up unless it is a centre that has a doctor available who will assess your symptoms before ordering the test.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

If the experience of a couple of my family members is any guide, we now have to have a doctor's request to get a PCR test. You can't just rock up unless it is a centre that has a doctor available who will assess your symptoms before ordering the test.

Exactly my point. That's why I asked. You can't get them willy nilly now. So either it's a $150 traveller test or the RAT is the only option now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Exactly my point. That's why I asked. You can't get them willy nilly now. So either it's a $150 traveller test or the RAT is the only option now.

Histopath at Bris international Airport do them while you wait, for a fee (traveller's test). Why get a PCR when all that's required is a cheaper and quicker RAT, bearing in mind you can also do your own self test?

Edited by Jean C
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Carpet bowls in afternoon and nothing special at 10am for meet up

I have just realised the activities app scrolls down too not just across!,, I will double check the times lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1