Live … Ovation of the Seas …Alaska … May 13 - May 20, 2022

I still have to catch up with @graphicguy, but I’ll definitely be following along here. Alaska is on my bucket list. Unfortunately for me, it is not on DH’s bucket list, but I’ll get him there eventually. Meanwhile, I’ll enjoy cruising virtually along with you. 🛳 😎 Thank you for taking the time out of your vacation to do this. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, perfect match said:

Alaska is on my bucket list. Unfortunately for me, it is not on DH’s bucket list, but I’ll get him there eventually.

Do we we're doing...back up the Alaska cruise with a cruise to Hawaii.  Maybe the lure of Hawaii will sway your husband.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Have an awesome time. Alaska is phenomenal. Watch for whales next to the ship when docked. 

Our Alaska cruise is when we started to go to the buffet for dinner so we could eat outside and watch for whales.

Thanks!

While following last week's reviews I heard cruisers posting seeing whales and eagles from the ship.  Never thought about eating outside to see the whales.  Thanks for the idea. 

• Like 3

On 5/12/2022 at 6:58 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

2E9607A0-8127-4A6F-B6D7-5FA2861D0527.thumb.jpeg.2d9dbd1eb4b95474f9e0c54b6c87b557.jpeg

When you book a cruise to Hawaii and it gets canceled what do you do?  Yes! Go to Alaska!  Makes sense.  I am leaving 91° , feels like 101° weather to where I will be lucky to see temperatures above 55°!  🥶 My body does not handle below 55° weather well.  Should I be doing this? As I am typing the Jackson 5 started singing, "Got to Be There"…. 🤔 

I have been following along @graphicguy  great live review.  Once he posted the ice cream machine was up and running on Ovation it got me excited.  Even though I may not visit it as much as I do in the Caribbean, I need my traditional ice cream visit.  Let’s go!

Following along on here and in real life!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We stayed at Hampton Inn and Suites.  They have a shuttle service for $30 each.  We leave here at 10:30.  Our boarding time is at 11am. 

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn. Limited exploring yesterday with the rain. We also board at 11:00. Bon Voyage to all!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We stayed at Hampton Inn and Suites.  They have a shuttle service for $30 each.  We leave here at 10:30.  Our boarding time is at 11am. 

I misunderstood my DW.  It's $11 each and she was adding $2 per bag.  I was wondering why we weren't doing Lyft.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Which Hampton did you stay in.  I'm booked in the South Center one?

3 minutes ago, kmdress said:

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn. Limited exploring yesterday with the rain. We also board at 11:00. Bon Voyage to all!

Maybe we will see each other at boarding.   Unless I am too cold 🥶 I will have my blue Royal Caribbean jacket on.

It was late when we got here.  We plan to explore on the back end. We will stay and fly out Sunday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Which Hampton did you stay in.  I'm booked in the South Center one?

I am not sure what they call it.  It's about a block from the Space Needle.  I just walked out front and snapped a couple of pics to show where we are.

20220513_092959.thumb.jpg.bd11764953666a8a7686e6c53f94ec58.jpg

20220513_093002.thumb.jpg.676cee0ff5d48d54e2849fb85c88baf4.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Stuff I wish I'd asked on the last sailing thread as we prepare for next week.  Is open Pickleball on The Compass?  Has the NorthStar been fixed?  What excursions are folks doing?  Pics of the bionic bar.  Does the barber do full noggin shaves (important stuff)?  Confirmation of formal nights as we are already traveling and packed for 2.  More info on how to get the muster briefing knocked out to get our drinking permission.  

• Like 1

The hotel brought us down earlier than scheduled so we got here at 10:30.  It got confusing.   They dropped us off on the side where Celebrity cruise members were taking bags.  The line is now moving!

20220513_103837.thumb.jpg.6ebca9b3521935d4c32be4a4527dc594.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AeroBaldness said:

Stuff I wish I'd asked on the last sailing thread as we prepare for next week.  Is open Pickleball on The Compass?  Has the NorthStar been fixed?  What excursions are folks doing?  Pics of the bionic bar.  Does the barber do full noggin shaves (important stuff)?  Confirmation of formal nights as we are already traveling and packed for 2.  More info on how to get the muster briefing knocked out to get our drinking permission.  

While standing in line we got a notification to do the muster drill on our app.  We are not even in the door yet and we got it done.  Now all we have to do is go to our muster area to verify. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Great job so far @ozark_kid! 

We are onboard for the second leg of a B2B.  This is was our view of the boarding lineup a few minutes ago.  We heard a crew announcement a little while ago that there is expected to be 3915 passengers onboard.  

Boarding started a little late as there were a few passengers that had not disembarked and they could not find them.

9D8F54D7-A131-4A0B-98C5-33AF649EDEDB.png

Edited by JessyCruises
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

While in line they are passing out a notice about ArriveCAC.

If the ArriveCAN has to be done 72 hours before arrival to Canada, I wonder how they handle this if the stop is at Victoria the day before getting back to Seattle.  Will they be giving people internet to complete it?   And what about those without phones?  (I have heard there are some of those out there)

I am getting hot here waiting for our cruise, John.  Show me some cold pictures. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2