Is Club Class Worth the Extra Cost

sabrefan

On 5/18/2022 at 11:28 PM, SmedonSeas said:

Does CC mean walk ups to specialty dining also? If we decide we want crown grille one night can we just walk up?

You can try, but I think you're better off making a reservation.

On 6/9/2022 at 12:42 AM, wowzz said:

That was certainly not the case with the Crown Grill on Regal recently. On several nights the restaurant was fully booked, apart from strange times such as 17:40 . Who would want to eat dinner in the Mediterranean in the summer at that sort of time  ! 

I believe the walk reference was for suite passengers who get free specialty dining on embarkation night

52 minutes ago, rbtan said:

We never had to wait in line. We'd show up & be taken right to a table. One night they actually sat us at a suite table.

There is no such thing as a suite table if you are club class you are club class for dinner whether you are a club class mini or full suite

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rbtan said:

We never had to wait in line. We'd show up & be taken right to a table. One night they actually sat us at a suite table.

I'm happy to hear that you've been that lucky. We haven't fared too badly over the years, but our cruise in November of last year was terrible in terms of lines at the dining room. 

We definitely prefer CC on longer cruises with lots of sea days.   Nice to have a long lunch on sea days, but cruises with lots of port day ( when CC is closed for lunch ) not worth it for us.  Also, on Royal class ships (not my favorite) we prefer the buffet.

9 hours ago, memoak said:

There is no such thing as a suite table if you are club class you are club class for dinner whether you are a club class mini or full suite

Sorry, you're wrong! The suite tables have a "gold" table cloth. The CC tables have a "silver" table cloth.

1 hour ago, rbtan said:

Sorry, you're wrong! The suite tables have a "gold" table cloth. The CC tables have a "silver" table cloth.

Every table in Club Class dining had a plain white tablecloth on our cruise a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, tetleytea said:

Based on this thread, I'm concluding that no, Club Class is not worth it.  You're better off just going to a specialty restaurant every now and then.

Don't forget that you also get the best placed minisuites,  with decent sized balconies as well.

I must admit, I was a bit sceptical about the value of cc, but I have to say,  being able to walk straight to your table,  being able to strike up a rapport with the same waiting staff every night (and at breakast) plus the quality and speed of service,  made me reconsider.  

4 hours ago, rbtan said:

I was in a suite on our April Discovery cruise and all the tables had the "silver" cloth.

On one cruise the table in the MDR was directly next to the CC area and all the table cloths in CC were "silver".

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Don't forget that you also get the best placed minisuites,  with decent sized balconies as well.

I must admit, I was a bit sceptical about the value of cc, but I have to say,  being able to walk straight to your table,  being able to strike up a rapport with the same waiting staff every night (and at breakast) plus the quality and speed of service,  made me reconsider.  

Not to say those items aren't important but I get the same thing on every cruise without any extra cost.

3 hours ago, pms4104 said:

Not our suite experience ... CC was same for all.

Likewise. We have sailed in full suites for the last 5 cruises and the CC dining area has silver/grey linens on all tables   There are no tables set aside for suites

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Not to say those items aren't important but I get the same thing on every cruise without any extra cost.

With DMW do you get the same staff every night, at a table for two,   whatever time you arrive, and never have to wait ?

Not easy to achieve on Princess.

Edited by wowzz
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

With DMW do you get the same staff every night, at a table for two,   whatever time you arrive, and never have to wait ?

Not easy to achieve on Princess.

Same waiter, head waiter, same table with our drinks waiting at our pre-chosen table for 2.  

The problem is for you being from the UK and wanting to eat at what I would call late seating is that we eat at 5 PM. At home we have our one large meal at 3 PM so at 5 PM we're ready to have our late evening meal. (we're from Florida. 😁 if that explains anything)

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, memoak said:

Likewise. We have sailed in full suites for the last 5 cruises and the CC dining area has silver/grey linens on all tables   There are no tables set aside for suites

Same with us.  We have sailed in both "full" suites and club class minis, there is NO difference in the dining area or tables.

Edited by Murray's Pop

We had CC dining once when we sprang for a full suite and liked it very much.  However, we can't always do a full suite and the CC mini suites on the ships we booked were all midship with uncovered balconies; which is a deal breaker for me.  I want some privacy on my balcony.  We need at least a mini suite because my DH is on oxygen so I give him the bed and I use the pullout sofa.  Works for us.

3 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

We need at least a mini suite because my DH is on oxygen so I give him the bed and I use the pullout sofa.  Works for us.

Why not use twin bed configuration? We have friends who also book CC for a similar reason, I just wonder that a second bed is better than the sofa.

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

My DH is rather on the large size and the twin beds are just too small, even for me.  I move around alot and would end up on the floor🙂.

Aha, our friends are similarly proportioned 🙂

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Same waiter, head waiter, same table with our drinks waiting at our pre-chosen table for 2.  

The problem is for you being from the UK and wanting to eat at what I would call late seating is that we eat at 5 PM. At home we have our one large meal at 3 PM so at 5 PM we're ready to have our late evening meal. (we're from Florida. 😁 if that explains anything)

Guess the west coast is different. I can’t even imagine dinner before 7:30 or 8:00

• Like 1

Just now, marden1970 said:

My DH is rather on the large size and the twin beds are just too small, even for me.  I move around alot and would end up on the floor🙂.

Or bang into the wall all night if you are in the twin next to the wall. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I am from Florida and I don't eat till 7;30 or 8. I don't understand your point???