10 drinks for $75 card still offered?

If it is being offered (on any ship/date going forward) it probably won't be 10 for $75 any longer. Sounds too good to be true nowadays ! Between the suite lounge, the 4 drinks/day voucher, and this card - which I was not even aware of - who would purchase a beverage package !

Tom

12 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

If it is being offered (on any ship/date going forward) it probably won't be 10 for $75 any longer. Sounds too good to be true nowadays ! Between the suite lounge, the 4 drinks/day voucher, and this card - which I was not even aware of - who would purchase a beverage package !

Tom

However, if one isn't in a suite or of Diamond or higher in the C&A program, then the beverage package(s) or a drink card would be the only alternatives to a la carte pricing. 🙂  But I agree with you completely that the $75 would likely be long gone as the current typical cocktail price is $13.  (Which, BTW, is the Diamond and higher voucher value).

Edited by leaveitallbehind

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

However, if one isn't in a suite or of Diamond or higher in the C&A program, then the beverage package(s) or a drink card would be the only alternatives to a la carte pricing.  But I agree with you completely that the $75 would likely be long gone as the current typical cocktail price is $13.  (Which, BTW, is the Diamond and higher voucher value).

Having had only 1 (3-nt) sailing utilizing the 4 drink voucher - how does that work if you purchase a drink over that amount, do you just pay the difference?

Tom

35 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Those who don’t have 4 vouchers a day..like me.  That said, 4 might get me past lunch. 🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have been cruising with Royal Caribbean since May 1983 when I got hooked on the Song Of America’s twenty fourth sailing from Miami to the Eastern Caribbean. Over the years I have spoken to many Bar Service Managers who explained to me that the ten drink voucher cards show up when bar sales are low. They explained that it was a corporate decision made by someone sitting behind a desk in their Miami headquarters. Recently before the Covid Pandemic on the Allure Of The Seas a supervisor explained that a member of the Finance Department on the ship has the authority to make the decision to sell the cards. Very rarely are bar sales that low that the cards are necessary.

49 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Having had only 1 (3-nt) sailing utilizing the 4 drink voucher - how does that work if you purchase a drink over that amount, do you just pay the difference?

Tom

In theory, yes.  But we have never had a situation where the drinks my wife usually orders (and they typically would include top shelf liquors) weren't covered by the voucher. But if you did order something that was at a higher price, they are supposed to charge the difference to your seapass card.

Also since the coupons expire each day, we typically go to a bar before we end the night and cash in any remaining for canned beverages (beer in my case, Truly's in my wife's case) and take them unopened back to our stateroom to put in the cooler for another day.  In our case we have 5 each, so the 10 combined is more than enough for our "daily requirements".  (And yes, you can use them for each other as well).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

However, if one isn't in a suite or of Diamond or higher in the C&A program, then the beverage package(s) or a drink card would be the only alternatives to a la carte pricing. 🙂  But I agree with you completely that the $75 would likely be long gone as the current typical cocktail price is $13.  (Which, BTW, is the Diamond and higher voucher value).

The typical cocktail price on Liberty in March was $10.

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

The typical cocktail price on Liberty in March was $10.

I was basing the pricing off the C&A Diamond (and up) voucher value of $13, as that covers most drinks on board.  Since RCCL uses that value I figured that would be a typical price. 

But as we typically use the vouchers for most of our drinks, not seeing a bill the $10 you refer to may well be correct for most. 🙂

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

I haven't seen the drink card on any of my eleven cruises since The Plague.  

Freedom
Symphony
Allure
Jewel
Navigator
Explorer

I'll add Harmony to that list.