Beware of going to Europe from the US

3 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

It came as a huge surprise to me but staying on the ship was listed on my form letter as one of the possible options for continuing isolation. I didn't inquire about it because my symptoms were bad and I didn't feel safe healthwise staying onboard. 

If the final disembark port that is a surprise to me too.   No matter how I felt I think I would opt to leave the ship.  

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What is the sense being on a B2B if you are going to be in a quarantine cabin for the 2nd leg?

We weren't serious --  just joking around.  

5 minutes ago, ldubs said:

If the final disembark port that is a surprise to me too.   No matter how I felt I think I would opt to leave the ship.  

Yeah it seems hard to believe they wouldn't just let me walk to my car 500 feet away.

On 5/17/2022 at 9:32 PM, Ashland said:

I'm excited to sail on my Arctic Circle itinerary in July. We'll deal with whatever may happen if/when the time comes. We'll live life as much as we can.

That's an issue for some who have to get back to their real world or work. Some employers aren't just happy about you coming back to work just whenever you can make it back to work is fine with us.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 5:22 PM, pretzlaff said:

Folks got positive tests on our transatlantic.  I was worried that we might get a positive test.  So, I double checked on changing our air reservations to Toronto, so that we could take the bus across the border to Buffalo and fly home from there.  If you are from the west coast, change your flights to Vancouver.

I am not going to stay in Europe for 10 days hoping that I get a negative test.

That is a great idea for countries that will let you leave without lengthy quarantine if the cruise ship reports you. So would work for the UK but not Italy…

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

It would depend on the mask 

But if the covid passengers are in quarantine on deck 6 and deck 7 - covid can come through the AC. Therefore you would have to wear a mask in the shower, asleep etc 24/7 on the cruise.

22 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Did you also tell them that you were sure you caught it in port and not on the ship? 

The official Irish health depart rang - HSE covid contact tracing and yes they took all the details of my flights, cruise and ports of call.

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That's an issue for some who have to get back to their real world or work. Some employers aren't just happy about you coming back to work just whenever you can make it back to work is fine with us.

No worry, no job to get back to for us. Retired a few years a loving it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Once again, it was a joke... the cruise line is not going to make me stay for a b2b instead of letting me off the ship at my home port.

Actually, if you have COVID, the ship won't allow you to stay on for a B2B. That happened on the Anthem TA and the medical staff said the COVID passengers who were on the next sailing would be taken off the ship in Southampton and would stay in a hotel until they recovered.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 11:48 AM, smarcbie said:

For any people who recently came down with CoVid, is this your first time? If not, when did you catch CoVid before? I am wondering about the Delta variant(s) and the rate of reinfections.

I caught COVID for the first time ever recently at a neighborhood event. 13 people caught it from someone who thought she had allergies. Symptoms started 48 hours from exposure. It was spread from talking with the person. I am vaxxed and boosted.  Out of the 13 of us everyone also presented different symptoms and degrees of illness.

Hope that helps.

Stephanie

2 minutes ago, skyking said:

Thanks to this post I will not purchase separate insurance where covid is covered.  Being stuck in London not able to come home sounds VERY expensive and worth the piece of mind to have. 

So you "will not" buy insurance that covers covid ??

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ashland said:

So you "will not" buy insurance that covers covid ??

UHHHHGH!!!!  Good catch, I meant I WILL, was supposed to say I will NOW

Edited by skyking
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, skyking said:

Thanks to this post I will not purchase separate insurance where covid is covered.  Being stuck in London not able to come home sounds VERY expensive and worth the piece of mind to have. 

Look for a policy that has decent travel delay benefits. That is the provision that pays for hotel and meals. The benefits are capped with dollar limits per day per person and a total limit. Get the highest you can find / afford.

Also look for a policy that will extend coverage so that your policy does not end if you are delayed just prior to your scheduled return.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

Actually, if you have COVID, the ship won't allow you to stay on for a B2B. That happened on the Anthem TA and the medical staff said the COVID passengers who were on the next sailing would be taken off the ship in Southampton and would stay in a hotel until they recovered.

That is standard procedure for all ships but I read this week I think it is Brilliance sailing out of Italy that is allowing passengers that tested positive to remain onboard in their covid "red zone" to quarantine instead of going to a hotel.   I personally would not want to stay onboard and would prefer to go to a hotel where I can get fresh air from a balcony or at least a window that opens.   

1 hour ago, Babr said:

Look for a policy that has decent travel delay benefits. That is the provision that pays for hotel and meals. The benefits are capped with dollar limits per day per person and a total limit. Get the highest you can find / afford.

Also look for a policy that will extend coverage so that your policy does not end if you are delayed just prior to your scheduled return.

Absolutely this ^^^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Citrons said:

But if the covid passengers are in quarantine on deck 6 and deck 7 - covid can come through the AC. Therefore you would have to wear a mask in the shower, asleep etc 24/7 on the cruise.

The ships have MERV 13 filters between the rooms. They have been studied and proven effective by (real) scientist - not the type that claim to earn PhD's in non-existent fields in 2 years time  (all the while not knowing how to capitalize "I" or the correct spelling of "variant"). 

Fan coil units in your stateroom and public spaces provide an extra layer of protection, continuously scrubbing the air of pathogens, using a high-grade MERV 13 filter that captures aerosols 1 to 3 microns in size with 90% efficacy — fine enough to filter cold and flu germs and coronavirus. An independent study by the University of Nebraska Medical Center and the National Strategic Research Institute onboard Oasis of the Seas confirmed that cross-contamination of air between adjacent spaces is virtually impossible thanks to this powerful system.

3 hours ago, Citrons said:

There is no exchange of air between cabins anymore and new filter systems had to be installed, there is no risk to get Covid from one cabin to another.

1 hour ago, DerekB said:

Lol , have you seen the way the filters sit in a fancoil , there is a lot of leakage around it 

Just now, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Lol , have you seen the way the filters sit in a fancoil , there is a lot of leakage around it 

I failed to dismantle the fancoil in my cabin. Do you have photos of yours you can share? 

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

32 years of  checking airflow in buildings , I have seen a lot of units 

How many cruise ships have you checked for airflow?