Did RCCL change their price drop policy?

I looked back into posts from a month ago and did not see anything on this but another forum said that RCCL quietly changed their price drop policy and now it is based on when you booked.  They are no longer just honoring price drops before final payment window.  Anyone have details, I cannot seem to find any?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

I looked back into posts from a month ago and did not see anything on this but another forum said that RCCL quietly changed their price drop policy and now it is based on when you booked.  They are no longer just honoring price drops before final payment window.  Anyone have details, I cannot seem to find any?

I had my 1/23 cruise repriced last week, so I don't think this is true. It might make sense to start working with a TA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, exm said:

I had my 1/23 cruise repriced last week, so I don't think this is true. It might make sense to start working with a TA.

If I could find a good TA I would try it again.  There are none in my area any longer and the only other TAs we worked with (about 30 minutes away from us so not too bad) both retired😑

5 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

If I could find a good TA I would try it again.  There are none in my area any longer and the only other TAs we worked with (about 30 minutes away from us so not too bad) both retired😑

Mine is in Canada and I'm in Florida  strictly email contact and he is SUPER responsive

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Mine is in Canada and I'm in Florida  strictly email contact and he is SUPER responsive

It doesn't necessarily matter to me where they are located but picking one randomly off the internet is more my concern.  No way to know how legitimate they are that way (all my friends book direct so no recs there).  And since it is not allowed to outright recommend an agent on this site🤷‍♀️

I wondered if they'd let you reprice with price drops myself after booking a cruise yesterday (with a refundable deposit) and saw that it said you had 48 hours to find a better price and if you did they'd give you the difference in FCC... made it seem like no more repricing after that.

@Ourusualbeach? any word on whether no longer allowing to reprice lower?

This is what it says when booking

BEST PRICE GUARANTEE

You will have 48 hours after you reserve to find a lower price. If you do, you will receive 100% of the difference applied to your reservation as an onboard credit. This lowest rate must be a rate publicly advertised by Royal Caribbean International. Program terms and conditions apply.

This is a bit more info regarding the Best Price Guarantee.  It is taken from the RC website:

What is the Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program?

A

Spot a better price on your booked cruise? Our Best Price Guarantee lets you take advantage of a better price up to 48 hours before your sail date — just give us a call. You’ll receive the difference as a non-refundable onboard credit inside final payment or rate adjustment outside final payment.

For more information on the Cruise with Confidence Best Price Guarantee for sailings booked on or before March 31, 2022, that depart on or before September 30, 2022, click here.

That one no longer applies to new bookings, had to book by March 21, 2022.

It was a generous 48 hours before you sail... note the new wording.

New booking has

BEST PRICE GUARANTEE

You will have 48 hours after you reserve to find a lower price. If you do, you will receive 100% of the difference applied to your reservation as an onboard credit. This lowest rate must be a rate publicly advertised by Royal Caribbean International. Program terms and conditions apply.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

3 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

This is a bit more info regarding the Best Price Guarantee.  It is taken from the RC website:

What is the Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program?

A

Spot a better price on your booked cruise? Our Best Price Guarantee lets you take advantage of a better price up to 48 hours before your sail date — just give us a call. You’ll receive the difference as a non-refundable onboard credit inside final payment or rate adjustment outside final payment.

For more information on the Cruise with Confidence Best Price Guarantee for sailings booked on or before March 31, 2022, that depart on or before September 30, 2022, click here.

So unless I am missing something the policy has not really changed.  What has changed is the Cruise with Confidence policy that was put in place due to covid...

In the past even pre-Covid you could reprice if the price went lower before final payment. Now it looks like you can only reprice within the first 48 hours of booking and then can't reprice lower if the price drops.

That's a big change.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

That one no longer applies to new bookings, had to book by March 21, 2022.

It was a generous 48 hours before you sail... note the new wording.

New booking has

BEST PRICE GUARANTEE

I cannot find this wording on the site.  When I pull up the FAQs and search for Best Price Guarantee it still says 48 hours before sailing.  The Cruise with Confidence policy is showing a change.

Just now, twins_to_alaska said:

Go and make a fake booking. You have to look for it. But I just made one again this morning and copied and pasted what I showed above.

Ahh, so it is showing when you book but not in the FAQs on the website.

When you make the booking and get to Who's Traveling put in passenger information page on the left there is a small link for View cancellation policy. You have to click on that to see the new Best Price Guarantee as I copied above.

2108701630_ScreenShot2022-05-18at10_10_55AM.png.e520fa6d90a49fdf957b353b06bfc663.png

1396877228_ScreenShot2022-05-18at10_13_39AM.thumb.png.986d497945893e1e2f78365978cc6f9f.png

3 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Now it looks like you can only reprice within the first 48 hours of booking and then can't reprice lower if the price drops.

What folks are quoting here is their price matching - that is separate from price drops before final - that has not changed. Anyone booked under North American rules, should be able to get price drops till final. Anyone who booked before 3/31/22 should be able to get price drops inside final as well for sailings till 9/30/22.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, twins_to_alaska said:

When you make the booking and get to the put in passenger information page on the left there is a small link for View cancellation policy. You have to click on that to see the new Best Price Guarantee as I copied above.

I found it, thanks.  Shady, shady...

7 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

I cannot find this wording on the site.  When I pull up the FAQs and search for Best Price Guarantee it still says 48 hours before sailing.  The Cruise with Confidence policy is showing a change.

I see that the best price guarantee only includes cruises booked prior to March 31, 2022 and sailing prior to 9.30/2022.  Other than that, it doesn't apply.

To me, the best price guarantee is PART OF the cruise with confidence.

Edited by katiel53
  • Like 1

Just now, Biker19 said:

What folks are quoting here is their price matching - that is separate from price drops before final - that has not changed. Anyone booked under North American rules, should be able to get price drops till final. Anyone who booked before 3/31/22 should be able to get price drops inside final as well for sailings till 9/30/22.

I certainly hope that is the case!  All the different programs/policies are causing some confusion I guess.  Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Anyone booked under North American rules, should be able to get price drops till final. Anyone who booked before 3/31/22 should be able to get price drops inside final as well for sailings till 9/30/22.

Ah, I hope that's still true. Although if I found a lower price with 48 hours I'd reprice lower instead of just getting the difference in OBC.

Yes. It is a bit of confusion. Price match is that first 48 hours. The price drop is still in place. Used it on Monday. I have a cruise in 2 weeks and they gave me an on board credit. I am sailing with some family so that will be perfect. Have already planned for some extras while in Bermuda and then, again on Perfect Day and for a special dining package that I wasn't even planning to do. This was a huge surprise. I never thought there would be a drop this close to departure date. Now, the Cruise with confidence plan is separate, that was all set up because of Covid. It will be going away.

• Like 1

I booked in April (so after the Cruise with Confidence ended) and just got an adjustment this week of almost $400. I just emailed my TA and she took care of it. She actually found an even better pricing than I found.

Somewhat related question I have. So if you call in and ask for a price adjustment in the drop you've noticed, how long does it normally take to see them crediting your BOA account?