Rome transfer from hotel to Citavecchia port

stewart -carol

Looking for recommendations for this for our cruise starting Dec. 7th after spending a few days in Rome earlier.

We require a reliable service obviously because we do not want to miss the departure around 5pm.  We will have 2 large suitcases plus a carry-on of some kind.

Thanks in advance

Carol and Stewart

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 7:09 PM, stewart -carol said:

Looking for recommendations for this for our cruise starting Dec. 7th after spending a few days in Rome earlier.

We require a reliable service obviously because we do not want to miss the departure around 5pm.  We will have 2 large suitcases plus a carry-on of some kind.

Thanks in advance

Carol and Stewart

We booked transfers from airport to hotel then from hotel to port with Rome Cabs.  They were highly recommended by members of Cruise Critics.  We plan on paying the driver with a credit card.  We'll have 2 large suitcases and 2 carryons.

This morning I took a cab from my hotel (15 E) to termini station then the train was 5 euros to the port, taxi was 5pp to the ship (I joined a group I befriended at the taxi stand). There are busses too but not sure if they are only for certain boats. 

For timing, I requested the cab at 945, train left at 1042, arrived a little after noon and I was on the boat before 1p. This was with no rushing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2022 at 8:09 AM, caryn said:

This morning I took a cab from my hotel (15 E) to termini station then the train was 5 euros to the port, taxi was 5pp to the ship (I joined a group I befriended at the taxi stand). There are busses too but not sure if they are only for certain boats. 

For timing, I requested the cab at 945, train left at 1042, arrived a little after noon and I was on the boat before 1p. This was with no rushing.

This is so helpful! Thinking of doing the same if our transfer doesn’t work out. Did you ask for the cab driver to drop you off at a particular entrance of termini station as I understand the regional trains are in a part of the station which is further away? Did you buy the train tickets when you got there? How much was the taxi from Civitavecchia station to the port and did it take you all the way to the ship? 

6 hours ago, Twilightstar18 said:

This is so helpful! Thinking of doing the same if our transfer doesn’t work out. Did you ask for the cab driver to drop you off at a particular entrance of termini station as I understand the regional trains are in a part of the station which is further away? Did you buy the train tickets when you got there? How much was the taxi from Civitavecchia station to the port and did it take you all the way to the ship? 

I didn't see if there was a place the cab driver could have dropped me off that would have been better. I had to go through the main gate and then the walk was long. I would estimate that I walked 10 minutes. My platform was at the end of the station. I bought the tickets before and used my phone to get through the gate. I bought a ticket a few weeks ago for a different time that was not refundable/changeable so I bought another for the 5E. I jumped in the a group of 5 but the driver at the port said it was 5E each. He dropped us right off at the check in tent. 

PS Once you get off the train you have to go down stairs, under the tracks and up stairs. There are lifts and I took one down but opted to carry my luggage up to avoid  the lift line. I bought my wine in s little shop at the train station. 19E and no twist offs when I was there. I meant to buy some at Carrefour and forgot.

We just got back from our cruise and had originally purchased bus and train tickets to get us from Rome to the port. 

Unfortunately, we missed our connection in Lisbon and spent over 14 hours there which forced us to book the Airport Hilton, cancel our previous reservations and come up with alternative transportation. 

Since it was last minute, I thought for sure it was going to be a nightmare. I found Shared Shuttle online and reached out, thinking there was no way they'd be able to accommodate me on such short notice, but they did! 

It was very reasonable, and super easy. In fact, we were so happy with it, we ate the cost of previously purchased bus and train tickets and booked them to get us from the port to Rome on debarkation day. It was totally worth it and we will be using them every time we go back to Italy! 

You can find them here:

https://sharedshuttle.it/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2022 at 8:09 PM, stewart -carol said:

Thanks in advance

Carol and Stewart

With luggage book a car transfer.  We’ve had great experiences with Rome cabs.  

On 8/15/2022 at 3:54 PM, Billdref said:

I have heard that the port only allows licensed cars to enter. True or false

I took the train from Termini to Civitavecchia and there were taxi shuttles running back and forth between the train station and the boats (once you go through the train station). One ship had a bus shuttling people as well. The taxi van was $5 a person and I jumped in with another family.