Sky Suite laundry service?

Oldmarbletop

There is a fee per item. Occasionally there is a 'fill the bag' special. If you were Elite or above in Captain's Club you would get one or 2 free bags of laundry per cruise.

Free laundry is generally not associated with a Sky Suite.  It is generally a perk associated with loyalty status.  Periodically those on B2B or longer have reported receiving a coupon for a free bag of laundry provided to B2B passengers.  We rarely do a single cruise leg but do B2B and longer series.  I have seen laundry coupons raffled off at B2B meetings, but haven't received one just for being a B2B passenger.

If Elite or above you will also get 1-2 bags each wash and fold for free.   Additionally they usually offer a bag at $49 (20 items) around mid cruise.

E94E1478-94D1-4FB4-BEAB-869C1ED32EA5.thumb.jpeg.dd6f3d30a844487e27176c223bbbd06f.jpegLaundry Prices

Edited by Jim_Iain

I've done quite a few B2B cruises on Celebrity and never got offered free laundry.  Most we were offered was to be able to join the Concierge folks for lunch, but usually we had to ask for that.  We are now Elite+ so it doesn't matter, but I found it interesting that others had been offered that.

The last time we saw a bag of free laundry on a B2B was 2016.   After than?  We’ve been on B2B, but not gotten free laundry.  I asked at one of our more recent ones and was told they did away with that perk on B2Bs.  We didn’t need it, but our friends did.  

51 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I've done quite a few B2B cruises on Celebrity and never got offered free laundry.  Most we were offered was to be able to join the Concierge folks for lunch, but usually we had to ask for that.  We are now Elite+ so it doesn't matter, but I found it interesting that others had been offered that.

29 minutes ago, Algebralovr said:

The last time we saw a bag of free laundry on a B2B was 2016.   After than?  We’ve been on B2B, but not gotten free laundry.  I asked at one of our more recent ones and was told they did away with that perk on B2Bs.  We didn’t need it, but our friends did.  

No idea about B2B but if you're elite or above you simply grab the laundry bag and slip, fill the bag, populate the slip and write your CC status on the grand total line.

I read a travel tip that comes from what hockey players do.   They spray vodka in their skates, gloves and etc to kill the bacteria that causes the odor

The travel tip that came from that was to spray parts of your clothing with vodka to kill any odor.   They claim it works.  The vodka evaporates, leaves no stain, or odor.   I wouldn’t use flavored vodka unless you want to smell like the flavor.    Worth a try at home as a test.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

If Elite or above you will also get 1-2 bags each wash and fold for free.   Additionally they usually offer a bag at $49 (20 items) around mid cruise.

E94E1478-94D1-4FB4-BEAB-869C1ED32EA5.thumb.jpeg.dd6f3d30a844487e27176c223bbbd06f.jpegLaundry Prices

Thanks for posting a picture of the slip.  Do you know what they charge a 50% surcharge on, and why would a surcharge apply?  Seems like a sneaky way to increase the price.  Thanks.

• Like 1

I also got the the "vodka" advise on a back stage tour on an RCI ship several years ago. Tried it once just to see if it worked. Yes, it did. But it only removes the odor. Doesn't actually clean anything.

5 hours ago, moneeman said:

Thanks for posting a picture of the slip.  Do you know what they charge a 50% surcharge on, and why would a surcharge apply?  Seems like a sneaky way to increase the price.  Thanks.

That’s for Same Day Service

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, Elites receive two items pressed and one item dry-cleaned at no charge.  I haven't tried dry-cleaning yet.  For the press I leave what I want pressed on the bed while unpacking on the day of embarkation, fill out the form and write the status for the total.  Attendant takes it during turn down, sometimes I get it the next day and other times it take two days but haven't been charged. 

6 hours ago, moneeman said:

The surcharge is if you want same day service.   I personally don't think it's sneaky,  it clearly says same day service.    Then normal service is Next Day or Second Day return when they are busy.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The surcharge is if you want same day service.   I personally don't think it's sneaky,  it clearly says same day service.    Then normal service is Next Day or Second Day return when they are busy.

Thanks.  Since I did see the box at the top referencing the surcharge, I did not know it was for express service, and my "sneaky" comment was if they were applying a 50% surcharge on everything.  I certainly understand a surcharge for express service.  Again, thanks for the response.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 39august said:

I also got the the "vodka" advise on a back stage tour on an RCI ship several years ago. Tried it once just to see if it worked. Yes, it did. But it only removes the odor. Doesn't actually clean anything.

Being on a spotless clean ship I don’t expect the majority of my clothes to get dirty.   In a pinch if really needed I can wash my underwear and socks in the sink.     The other stuff if it really does get soiled I guess I would send it to the laundry paying for that one or two items.    You don’t need to send a whole bag full.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅