Booking question - Galveston Ruby Princess

caribill

I tried to look at Ruby Princess round trip Galveston cruises from this December into next spring at Princess.com

Every one of the scheduled voyages says "Pricing is currently not available for this date or the selected cabin type. Please try a different departure date, cabin type or check back later."

Tried with Firefox and Chrome on two different computers with the same results. Results also the same if signed in to Princess.com or not.

I called Princess the the rep on his computer could see prcing and potentially make a booking.

So, I ask that a couple of you try to look at the Ruby Princess round-trip cruises out of Galveston this December into Spring and see if you see the same message I do or if you can actually see cruise pricing.

(Ruby cruises before coming to Galveston and after leaving it show up OK, including the Panama Canal cruises.)

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, caribill said:

I tried to look at Ruby Princess round trip Galveston cruises from this December into next spring at Princess.com

Every one of the scheduled voyages says "Pricing is currently not available for this date or the selected cabin type. Please try a different departure date, cabin type or check back later."

Tried with Firefox and Chrome on two different computers with the same results. Results also the same if signed in to Princess.com or not.

I called Princess the the rep on his computer could see prcing and potentially make a booking.

So, I ask that a couple of you try to look at the Ruby Princess round-trip cruises out of Galveston this December into Spring and see if you see the same message I do or if you can actually see cruise pricing.

(Ruby cruises before coming to Galveston and after leaving it show up OK, including the Panama Canal cruises.)

Thanks.

I get the same thing…..

No problem using Firefox but, using the same cruise as azbirdmom, I came up with slightly cheaper fares (I wasn't logged in so they aren't tied to my past cruiser status).  Interior from $749; Oceanview from $1199; Balcony from $1419; Mini-Suite from $2199 and Suite from $5599.  When I logged in I got the same results.  No problem seeing other dates into the spring from Galveston.

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

No problem using Firefox but, using the same cruise as azbirdmom, I came up with slightly cheaper fares

azbirdmom pricing is about the same as what I had been seeing (previous to the lack of pricing today).

Maybe those who live in VA have some special rates you can get that are not available elsewhere.

8 hours ago, caribill said:

azbirdmom pricing is about the same as what I had been seeing (previous to the lack of pricing today).

Maybe those who live in VA have some special rates you can get that are not available elsewhere.

In Illinois tho not logged in, I get same as you ... no pricing available ... hard to fill ships if entire groups can't access pricing.

1 hour ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

I'm in Texas and got in okay this morning.  Are you still having issues?

Just checked. All the 7 day and longer Galveston round-trip are still not available.

3 minutes ago, caribill said:

Just checked. All the 7 day and longer Galveston round-trip are still not available.

Just checked also - ALL cruises show prices - I was NOT logged, but then logged in - prices still shown

2 hours ago, pms4104 said:

In Illinois tho not logged in, I get same as you ... no pricing available ... hard to fill ships if entire groups can't access pricing.

1 hour ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

I'm in Texas and got in okay this morning. 

6 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Just checked also - ALL cruises show prices - I was NOT logged, but then logged in - prices still shown

Thanks for checking.

Obviously is working OK for some and not working for some others.

I am not sure how to contact the right people at Princess to look into this.

1 minute ago, caribill said:

Thanks for checking.

Obviously is working OK for some and not working for some others.

I am not sure how to contact the right people at Princess to look into this.

no problem - I went to book a cruise, then chose Galveston as cruise port, rather than going to a destination first as I usually do for the little caribbean cruises

53 minutes ago, voljeep said:

no problem - I went to book a cruise, then chose Galveston as cruise port, rather than going to a destination first as I usually do for the little Caribbean cruises

That does not work for me.

What I see when I just pick the port is the same as any other method, just quicker:

image.thumb.png.f2b324537e6edb3efc7f5e1492549ea2.png

image.thumb.png.0ce16c16adf5644b69a796bd462fba0b.png

image.thumb.png.16d44dc9197e182194764563f8e6c52f.png

Only one shows with ability to proceed:

image.thumb.png.ce7841b7db318daef991e164a3bbf202.png

The Panama Canal cruise to get to Galveston and the one to leave Galveston also show OK.

10 hours ago, caribill said:

That does not work for me.

What I see when I just pick the port is the same as any other method, just quicker:

Only one shows with ability to proceed:

The Panama Canal cruise to get to Galveston and the one to leave Galveston also show OK.

Just got to some threads now.  I had no issues and my profile location is Canada.  

OH .. I didn't even bother to login.  But Princess will peg my IP address as in Canada. 

You could try a third party website with a booking engine to at least shop the cruises.  Forget if you use a TA as I was thinking perhaps your TA has a self-serve booking page.

Edited by Steelers36

I looked and wasn't getting pricing.  Then I tried an incognito window which worked for a while but then didn't.  I clicked on one of the cruises and I think they may be changing the ports.  On the first page it lists Belize City, but when I click on the details Costa Maya is listed instead.

Again, thanks to you all for checking.

Since at least two other people besides myself are having the problem of these cruises not being available for booking, I must conclude that the Princess web site is having some sort of problem with these cruises.

In my case I have tried this with multiple browsers on two Windows computers and also on an Amazon Fire tablet. However all have gone through the same home router.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Caribill,we are Sandy and Don.We believe we met you many years ago on a British Isles cruise Bravehearts.We are still here in Texas,New Braunfels and have booked the Ruby for Dec.29 out of Galveston.We have a Princess planner we have used for several years for many Princess cruises.We would be glad to help you with your Princess issues.

1 hour ago, papacraig said:

We would be glad to help you with your Princess issues.

Thanks.

Pricing returned on the web site about a week ago.

It must have been a temporary glitch that only affected some people.

See you in December.