Vaccine card on Medallion

wblotner66

First of all my vax boosters are on the back of my vax card so not sure how I’m supposed to load 2 pics. Also I’ve loaded the original 2 vaccines and it just says pending. Does anyone know when this will be cleared? Trip in beginning of July.

First....Thank you for letting me know that they have redone the app again 🤣. I haven't tried loading mine yet since we still have to get our second booster yet. But maybe if you can, delete those photos and try just doing the back then since, you must have had the first ones already to have the follow-up ones. That would be the only thing I could think of to try, since we know how the developers don't take things like that into consideration when making this stupid thing.

If you are sailing from the U.S., Princess isn't interested in your booster status, only the first doses.  According to the Princess FAQs :  "For an individual to be considered fully vaccinated, at least 14 days must have passed after the administration of the last dose in their primary vaccine series." 

That may explain why you are only able to upload the front of the card with the first two (or one as the case may be...) vaccinations.

We have that issue too. Local vax facility used a sticker instead of handwriting to document your vaccines. Unfortunately the sticker takes up two slots so after both shots, the front is full. Our booster is documented on the back.

If you really want to upload both sides, make a copy of the front side, place the original's back side face up next to the copy and upload a photo of both of them together.

NOTE: The ArriveCan (sp?) app for Canada actually allows multiple uploads to document your vax status. Kudos to some programmer somewhere!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is completely brand new in the app update released just this week (maybe only yesterday).  So no one here will yet know how long it will stay pending or what happens next.  I uploaded mine yesterday evening and it is also showing pending.

I'm not sure how they are going to ho handle people who have front and back cards.  I don't see any way to upload more than one photo.  In the US you don't need a booster but whether you received a booster or not does change the timing requirements of your pre-cruise test so I would think Princess needs to see the booster.

One thing I noticed that is a bit concerning is that in the section that allows you to upload your Negative PCR / Antigen Test it says "Upload proof of your Negative PCR / Antigen Test taken within 48 hours of your journey."  

My cruise is a Caribbean cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale.  Per Princess current protocols, I have three days to take my test (I have a booster).  And I am not aware of Princess ever having a rule where the time was measured in hours.  I hope this is just bad programing and not a change to testing requirements.

4 minutes ago, gailisacruzin said:

In the new update of the app they seem to have eliminated the option to choose boarding time.  Does anybody know how to be assigned a boarding time now?

Yes, I noticed that but it's still there but in a different place. Select Personal Information & Documents under Travel Checklist.   Scroll down and Arrival & Departure Groups is under "Suggested".  Clear as mud!  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, gailisacruzin said:

In the new update of the app they seem to have eliminated the option to choose boarding time.  Does anybody know how to be assigned a boarding time now?

It's still there.   Click on "personal information & documents" and just scroll down past "security photo" to the section called "Suggested" (it's in this section).     This seems to be available around 30 days out.

• Like 1

I'll tell you what is clear as mud:

Try filling out the travel arrangements after debarkation.   I have set up the Princess Transfer (don't have a confirmation #) and I'm trying to put in our 12:25 pm flight on Southwest Airlines and it keeps defaulting back to "0" on the hour of our flight.   It saves my information but when I go back and check it's back to "0".....argh

*** Shortcut for 2 sided vax card for IOS

-Take photos of front and back (crop as needed) 

-Open Album select first photo (front)

-Select the SEND option (paper with arrow) 

-Select second photo (back) (both should be blue checked) 

-Select Email

-Take a screen shot of email w cards 

-Save screenshot (crop as needed)

35D8240B-47A4-4D5C-B98D-7A4FF35D2611.jpeg

943A4F03-5B79-412D-A61C-4B2F27ECF45F.jpeg

ED9CD82E-6341-4DB0-81A4-772AB5DF69B8.png

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, voljeep said:

uh, no - not at this time for a late Nov. cruise - will wait - still showing green lane in app.

but good to know it is now available to do

We leave in a week.  Have been in the green lane for months and got boarding group A 60 days before embarkation.  No way am I going to jeopardize any of that at this point so I'm with you on this one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

We leave in a week.  Have been in the green lane for months and got boarding group A 60 days before embarkation.  No way am I going to jeopardize any of that at this point so I'm with you on this one.

We leave in 18 days and I just reloaded my vaccine card and I'm still in the green lane and my boarding time did not change.

4 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

We leave in 18 days and I just reloaded my vaccine card and I'm still in the green lane and my boarding time did not change.

I decided to try it after all and was able to upload cards with no obvious issues - so far anyway.  I actually got a white screen the first time I tried but after closing out the app window I tried again and it worked.  I don't like that 48 hour verbiage either.  Since we are up to date the requirement is 3 days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daniel A said:

If you are sailing from the U.S., Princess isn't interested in your booster status, only the first doses.  According to the Princess FAQs :  "For an individual to be considered fully vaccinated, at least 14 days must have passed after the administration of the last dose in their primary vaccine series." 

That may explain why you are only able to upload the front of the card with the first two (or one as the case may be...) vaccinations.

I missed the extra day for antigen tests for "up to date" PAX.  You still shouldn't need to jump through hoops to get your boosters loaded on the app as the FAQs state:  "Fully vaccinated and up to date guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test along with proof of vaccination upon arrival in the terminal and can then proceed on board."

So, it looks like you will still need to bring the actual cards with you to the terminal.  They probably only need the first series loaded into the App to get you into the Green Lane.

Edited by Daniel A

2 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Hi All!

I was able to upload a 2 sided vax card by combining the pics.

Various Methods ca be used

-Adobe App can combine (saves as Jpg)

Adobe Express is Free

-Pic Collage Apps

Great idea thanks 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

To be honest, I made a screen shot of my green lane, boarding group, and QR boarding code before I updated the app.  I also feared I could lose my good boarding time with an update to the app.

The new app seems just as slow, spends a lot of time with the circle spinning as it loads a page, and still makes my phone heat up with much use.  I'm not sure what part is the improvement.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, prmssk said:

To be honest, I made a screen shot of my green lane, boarding group, and QR boarding code before I updated the app.  I also feared I could lose my good boarding time with an update to the app.

The new app seems just as slow, spends a lot of time with the circle spinning as it loads a page, and still makes my phone heat up with much use.  I'm not sure what part is the improvement.

Agreed! The app is problematic and we are not doing anything anymore that is not absolutely required on the app. Been on the phone with Princess a few times to get info corrected because it will not save the changes made. If we don't need to upload vaccine info on the app we will validate at the dock then. Now shows red exclamation for my wife so will need to call again!

6 hours ago, uspearls said:

Yes, I noticed that but it's still there but in a different place. Select Personal Information & Documents under Travel Checklist.   Scroll down and Arrival & Departure Groups is under "Suggested".  Clear as mud!  🙂

Thanks so much. I was able to choose a time. 

A Very low tech solution.  Photocopy back of vax card.  Place original vax card front next to the photocopied vac card rear.  Use smartphone to make a new single photo so both sides - side by side. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

It's still there.   Click on "personal information & documents" and just scroll down past "security photo" to the section called "Suggested" (it's in this section).     This seems to be available around 30 days out.

How many think now that Arrival Groups are in a "Suggested" section that they don't matter (for real) and just show up when convenient for you.  We will be showing up early as is our habit.  We have priority boarding, so like to be ready to board when they start letting us on.  Step on board and the vacation begins for real.

• Like 4