What would you bring in a "Covid Kit"?

pauon

Just KN95 masks and surgical masks for each sailing day and plenty of hand sanitizer and Lysol wipes.

We are likely only bringing carryon with all these reports of lost luggage from Air Canada. 

I'm curious - with everything people are carrying, are they checking in bags at the airport? Or not flying?

• Like 2

On 5/22/2022 at 11:39 PM, caribill said:

About the masks---

Bring N95.

Many will bring KN95, but many of these are counterfeit and thus cannot be assumed to be effective.

We asked one of our doctors who was wearing a KN95 in his office if his mask was legitimate or counterfeit. He said he had no idea and no way of checking.

I found a "Made in USA" brand of KN95s: BNX, and they're made in Texas. I bought several packs of those and find that they do feel sturdier than the made in china ones. I personally prefer the KN95s because they're easier to wear and remove, but I agree that N95s are definitely the better and safer choice if you don't mind the rubber bands around your head and neck. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, suzyed said:

Ok...but we had no issues with dishes nor silverware and our entire ship was in quarantine.  The only thing they ran short of was the trays that the food was delivered on....so they were very prompt in picking up our trays full of dirty dishes. 

I'm not sure I understand the point of your statement.  Are you refuting that it's an issue because it didn't happen to you?  I'm certainly glad there are people out there like you that had no issues with quarantine.  

Just a gentle reminder: my question was "What would you bring in a covid kit?"   Many folks have found this topic useful, as I have, and hope we can stay on topic and continue a worthwhile sharing of ideas.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, PhotoGal07 said:

I'm not sure I understand the point of your statement.  Are you refuting that it's an issue because it didn't happen to you?  I'm certainly glad there are people out there like you that had no issues with quarantine.  

I was just sharing our experience at the start of Covid.  And I never said we had no issues....we bagged up the trash and sheets in our cabin.  We sailed around S. America for 19 days and we both had covid when we got home.
Excuse me for sharing....I thought that's what these forums are for.

10 hours ago, suzyed said:

I was just sharing our experience at the start of Covid.  And I never said we had no issues....we bagged up the trash and sheets in our cabin.  We sailed around S. America for 19 days and we both had covid when we got home.
Excuse me for sharing....I thought that's what these forums are for.

No problem at all with sharing.  The use of ellipses (...) in text on-line usually indicates hesitancy and disbelief in tone, thus my confusion and why I asked for clarification.  

2 hours ago, PhotoGal07 said:

No problem at all with sharing.  The use of ellipses (...) in text on-line usually indicates hesitancy and disbelief in tone, thus my confusion and why I asked for clarification.  

Sure ok…

29 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Sure ok…

Yes!  Just like that!

Anyway, I was thinking more about the Covid Kit, and I think one other useful item would be an extra pair of loungewear/pajamas.  I usually only pack one, maybe two pairs of pjs for a trip.  But I know for me, when fevers break I tend to break out into a sweat, and having a spare (clean pair) of pajamas to change into would likely be VERY welcome.

• Like 3

On 5/22/2022 at 12:59 PM, pauon said:

As many of us are returning to cruising, what would you bring to make dealing with Covid and the potential for Covid easier.   I am asking what would you bring to, hopefully,  help prevent catch it, what you are bringing if you do,  and what would you bring in case you or someone with you were with suddenly got sent to quarantine.  Not looking for a political or medical discussion, just what would you travel with that you didn't bring before.  I,  for one, will be bringing my computer (which I have never done) to have a little bigger screen to see, entertainment, and looking for hotels, flights, or info in case we might get stuck someplace (on or off the ship).

A positive attitude and a state of mind - seriously, everything is in one’s head. Look how many individuals are depressed for over last 2 years - by far more than actual getting sick.

• Like 2

I just recovered from Covid this week and can say that having Gatorade to keep hydrated was a lifesaver.  

They make packets that you put in  a bottle of water so brining along some of those for a covid kit would certainly be a great idea.  Also good for Noro, too much sun or if you enjoy too much of the Princess Plus package!  LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

This is probably something that we should always have with us anyway when we travel but after contracting Covid my last cruise I will always have a written list of my medication’s with dosage and physicians numbers.  

If you have an iPhone you can keep this info in the Health app.  I also keep it in an organizer app and send DH a copy on the first of every month so he has it too. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2022 at 10:01 PM, suzyed said:

The Coral Princess as we floated around South America hoping any country would let us in....nope, They didn't.  For 19 days we tried many ports and then when 2 people died onboard,  we were all confined to our cabins until we got back to Miami.  (Even Ft. Lauderdale wouldn't let us dock)

That seems like ages ago........but it wasn't..... I completely forgot about that.

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I just recovered from Covid this week and can say that having Gatorade to keep hydrated was a lifesaver.  

They make packets that you put in  a bottle of water so brining along some of those for a covid kit would certainly be a great idea.  Also good for Noro, too much sun or if you enjoy too much of the Princess Plus package!  LOL

Glad to hear you are better now and sharing with us. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PhotoGal07 said:

Yes!  Just like that!

Anyway, I was thinking more about the Covid Kit, and I think one other useful item would be an extra pair of loungewear/pajamas.  I usually only pack one, maybe two pairs of pjs for a trip.  But I know for me, when fevers break I tend to break out into a sweat, and having a spare (clean pair) of pajamas to change into would likely be VERY welcome.

Good idea!  Maybe bring a small fan too, we always do!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, suzyed said:

In some ways seems like just yesterday....and other ways...so long ago!
We saw a lot, we missed a lot, we met some lovely new people and lost friends (no, they''re still alive). We learned how different people handle adversity...some with grace and others not so much.
But one of the biggest joys of this sailing was getting to see the Penguins in the Falkland Islands!😍
AND the beautiful staff and crew on the Regal Princess welcoming us back home!

Edited by suzyed

2 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I’m happy to hear that you are doing well.  Are you still having any symptoms like cough or fatigue? I’m just now feeling like I’m getting my energy back. Try to keep moving even when you don’t feel like it.  

Having Gatorade really helped me too.  When the ER doctor saw me holding a bottle of Gatorade she told me to keep drinking it.  I am going to purchase some packets for my Covid kit.

If anyone has any packets of Gatorade will you please check to see how long before the product expires? I want to order some but I don’t want it to expire before I get to cruise again. Thanks so much.

Currently in quarantine on the Ruby. The ship is providing Tylenol, sudafed, cough syrup, and throat lozenges complimentary. They just brought us more cough syrup today when we needed more. I wished I had packed my Kleenex from home. I went through a couple of boxes of the terrible cheap stuff and they brought us two big boxes of actual Kleenex brand tissue. My nose had already taken the hit though. I wish I had aquaphor for my nose. And some comfy clothes, not just pajamas. I wished I had packed some of my essential oils. I had sinus pressure so bad the first day my teeth hurt. Oils usually help me with that. 

Other than that you have to have what makes you comfortable away from home. Our ship crew has been amazing and have been taking excellent care of us. We get calls daily sometimes twice to check on us. I have zero complaints thus far! 

Edited by Coffeeluvr05
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Currently in quarantine on the Ruby. The ship is providing Tylenol, sudafed, cough syrup, and throat lozenges complimentary. They just brought us more cough syrup today when we needed more. I wished I had packed my Kleenex from home. I went through a couple of boxes of the terrible cheap stuff and they brought us two big boxes of actual Kleenex brand tissue. My nose had already taken the hit though. I wish I had aquaphor for my nose. And some comfy clothes, not just pajamas. I wished I had packed some of my essential oils. I had sinus pressure so bad the first day my teeth hurt. Oils usually help me with that. 

Other than that you have to have what makes you comfortable away from home. Our ship crew has been amazing and have been taking excellent care of us. We get calls daily sometimes twice to check on us. I have zero complaints thus far! 

Get well soon!  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

If you have an iPhone you can keep this info in the Health app.  I also keep it in an organizer app and send DH a copy on the first of every month so he has it too. 

I keep mine there also. I scanned the QR code and it went in there. Very nice.

4 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I hope you feel better soon! So sorry.

• Like 1