Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

33 minutes ago, WhyWeCruise said:

Hey @sid_9169! Did you go to any of the shows on board and just not post about them or did you check them out on a past cruise? Curious how you may have felt about Never Sleep Alone, the acro show, etc. 

Also wouldn't mind some deets on how you ended up with the secret magic show invite 🙂

As far as getting a special invite to something, the best advice I can give you is to get to know some of the people in the happenings cast... There are 17 of them I believe, and they replace the traditional cruise director. There are different ones who specialize in different things. I wasn't trying to get any sort of special treatment, but I did take the time to talk to a few of them at length. Asked them about where they were from and whatnot. Really had long conversations with a few of them... I can't guarantee that this will get you anything, but there were less than twenty people invited to the one event I attended. And, they weren't necessarily Rock Stars or anything... Your milage may vary...

• Like 12

On 6/4/2022 at 1:15 PM, sid_9169 said:

In case you want to play some games, they have plenty of classics, as well as new ones that I've never heard of.

PXL_20220604_170429390.thumb.jpg.26d777020fe5580fc28bdc403a2cf79d.jpg

PXL_20220604_170500943.thumb.jpg.e96c9673a38b8277dded51879fe72ce6.jpg

PXL_20220604_170503964.thumb.jpg.a4c25eed1c41360fecdc3248130adece.jpg

PXL_20220604_170606193.thumb.jpg.60b059243fb4542ece112db1f56ccd5a.jpg

PXL_20220604_170613933.thumb.jpg.917f1d390daf60bec3bd06586a1a6a46.jpg

PXL_20220604_170620138.jpg

As a gamer, I am so impressed! I still love the classics, but Catan, Ticket To Ride, Azul, Wingspan? Seriously great choices! I usually have to pack these myself and scout out other gamers. Is there a get-together for playing?

Edited by AKR2011
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, AKR2011 said:

As a gamer, I am so impressed! I still love the classics, but Catan, Ticket To Ride, Azul, Wingspan? Seriously great choices! I usually have to pack these myself and scout out other gamers. Is there a get-together for playing?

Yes, there are entire game sessions run by members of the happenings cast...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm through security, and at my gate TWO HOURS EARLY... Still some more time to kill here at the airport before my already long day gets even LONGER...

Well amigo, if you have some time to kill could you help me with something. I have your precise recipe for the perfect Margarita. I can find everything but the Naranja Orange Liqueur from Messyco.

I have a friend who is traveling to Jamaica at the end of this month and will task them with trying to find it there. My ? is would you really know if a bartender substituted one of the other orange liquers or is the real stuff worth whatever it takes to track it down? I live in Washington State so finding the exact stuff has been impossible...even tried Oregon.

Thanks for taking the time to fill me in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, atanac said:

Well amigo, if you have some time to kill could you help me with something. I have your precise recipe for the perfect Margarita. I can find everything but the Naranja Orange Liqueur from Messyco.

I have a friend who is traveling to Jamaica at the end of this month and will task them with trying to find it there. My ? is would you really know if a bartender substituted one of the other orange liquers or is the real stuff worth whatever it takes to track it down? I live in Washington State so finding the exact stuff has been impossible...even tried Oregon.

Thanks for taking the time to fill me in.

Probably won't find it in Jamaica, only in Mexico under the original label, Controy... Grand Marnier or Cointreau will work just as well... 

• Like 7

Earlier today, I stored my check bag and my carry on at the airport while I went on my post cruise adventure. I kept my backpack with me, which contains all my cash, as well as passport, vaccine card, ECT. I also have the very fragile paper mache mask that I bought in Dominican Republic, and I've been carrying it around all day in a Target bag. I've lugged that thing all over Miami, being careful not to break it. Well, when I went to pick up my stored bags, I ended up leaving the Target bag on the counter there. I made it an entire concourse away before I realized that I left it. So, of course I had to go all the way back there, in hopes that it was still where I left it. Fortunately, it was, and I checked it through security, and I'm still carrying it, in addition to my check bag and backpack. I'm going to try and make some room in my backpack for it, cuz I'm sick of carrying all this extra stuff. My only hope once I get home, is that I can get a cab or an Uber from the Marta Station in a reasonable amount of time. I'm going to be late enough already, and I still have to take another shower before going to bed. I secretly wish that the boss would call from work and say we're off tomorrow...

• Like 13

I'm just going to tell you, Miami airport sure could use some upgrades... When we were arriving earlier, there was actually a sign for Eastern Airlines, which went out of business in the 1980's...

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

On 6/2/2022 at 4:01 PM, Shaded Lady said:

Not sure about Virgin but Carnival explicitly tells you to leave it in the hallway outside your door.

This makes sense because if it is left in the room then the cabin attendants have to deal with all of the containers when they don’t have a cart to put them all on. There is a separate person that comes around with a cart just for stuff left in the hallways. This is how Royal does it and I’m guessing it’s the same on some of the other lines.

• Like 1

Flight delay, followed by a medical emergency on board, and that was just the beginning... The lady two seats down from me threw up before we even took off... There was a cat under another ladies seat that meowed the whole time. And, that doesn't even get to my seat neighbor. When he boarded, he immediately leaned back in his seat and went to sleep with his seat reclined. Never put his seatbelt on the entire time, after being asked to numerous times. Brought an entire slew of garbage ON to the plane and left it there. When they went to do the drink service, he was asleep, so he missed out, then complained that he didn't get anything. It was a textbook case of "you snooze, you lose"... Anyhoo, I just want to get my checked bag so I can continue forward movement.

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

This makes sense because if it is left in the room then the cabin attendants have to deal with all of the containers when they don’t have a cart to put them all on. There is a separate person that comes around with a cart just for stuff left in the hallways. This is how Royal does it and I’m guessing it’s the same on some of the other lines.

It’s aesthetically unpleasant, and as mentioned previously, a hindrance to those using a wheelchair or scooter.  I know Carnival recommends placing the items in the hallway, but it’s bad practice. I ordered room service every morning on my last Carnival cruise and just left the tray in my room, and the steward removed it every morning.

• Like 1

I was this close to getting in a different car when a smelly person got on board... I was about to make my move when the doors shut. Now, I'm stuck in here for another twenty minutes at least with him. As long as I make it home, I don't care...

• Like 3
  • Haha 9