Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

3 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Sid-

I'm assuming you are tipping the bartenders and that, along with your 'regular' status at some of the bars would perhaps allow the bartenders to speak more freely.  Anyway, did you ask them why the same drink costs more at some bars?

I'm not asking, because the last three drinks at my regular bar have been free... Not naming the bartender due to great service...

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

Really? I could find absolutely nothing related to this weather event causing deaths at all, in Havana or elsewhere! What's your source @broberts? Just interested in seeing the details...

Looks like 3 died in Havana. But I think the comment was unnecessary as the person who made it was referring to Florida. 😞

• Like 11

The internet has been acting funny for several minutes (not working at all), but my entree arrived and is gone now... The Pato (duck) was phenomenal, and a great last dinner on board a great cruise... I can't even state adequately how great the food on board has been... 

PXL_20220604_225531416.thumb.jpg.334daf0edddf3e48732ad75a1b13d3b1.jpg

PXL_20220604_225540427.thumb.jpg.683a3e857e052f8aca7ede5b9180dee0.jpg

Screenshot_20220604-182427.png

• Like 13

I'm stuffed beyond belief, and I'm at the secret meeting place right now... No idea at all what I'm about to get myself into. Worst case scenario, I bail on whatever it is, and head back to my favorite bartender...

According to the ship tracker, we're heading West towards Miami, and by this time tomorrow I'll be on my flight home, God willing...

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 12

Thirty seconds after I took that last picture, our phones were taken away, and locked inside of a bag. We were allowed to keep the bags, but could no longer access our device. As much as I can tell you, we were wayyy down in the bowels of the ship, and a performance ensued that was both amazing as well as mesmerizing... I don't know how many of you believe in "magic", but this was as up close and personal as you could get to some tricks that even I don't have an answer to. Some of the things have no explanation whatsoever except that they were real magic...

PXL_20220604_235344553.thumb.jpg.ffb6c9b886b459fb86558a7a8964d8db.jpg

PXL_20220604_235508320.thumb.jpg.6767408c400342d230f023a0cc712d49.jpg

PXL_20220605_003110025.thumb.jpg.b4515f2897e9e29c05d819ed19f1fad5.jpg

PXL_20220605_003116061.thumb.jpg.5cf59d37b53ff8faf46390a93786baf1.jpg

PXL_20220605_003123644.jpg

• Like 17

The ship mapper says that we're well on our way back to Miami, and we're rocking like a hurricane right now. My room is all the way forward, and I've never been susceptible to motion sickness, but tonight will be the ultimate test...

• Like 7

I'd like to go out and pound a few more drinks, but with the movement of the ship, that may end up to be a bad idea... And, I'm famous for making bad decisions... I've got a long travel day ahead of me tomorrow, and much of it will be spent in the Miami airport. I had planned on trying to head over to the beach for awhile, but with the crummy weather, that may not be an option, but we'll see...

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'd like to go out and pound a few more drinks, but with the movement of the ship, that may end up to be a bad idea... And, I'm famous for making bad decisions... I've got a long travel day ahead of me tomorrow, and much of it will be spent in the Miami airport. I had planned on trying to head over to the beach for awhile, but with the crummy weather, that may not be an option, but we'll see...

Sid, the weather forecast is locking OK for tomorrow. We had some sun and blue skies late afternoon today. Check it out in the morning  when you arrive,

Mary

• Like 1

What a great ending to the cruise!!!!

Good luck tomorrow.  In April I didn't make it home from Miami, until a day later. Over night in DFW. Similar situation happened to a friend in May.  He slept more then a few hours on the floor of the Miami airport.

• Like 3