Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

19 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

It’s aesthetically unpleasant, and as mentioned previously, a hindrance to those using a wheelchair or scooter.  I know Carnival recommends placing the items in the hallway, but it’s bad practice. I ordered room service every morning on my last Carnival cruise and just left the tray in my room, and the steward removed it every morning.

So are you saying you just like to bend the rules and try not to break them?

I totally agree with @Hogladyriderand as we all keep saying you have a great way with words and pictures and would have quite a following. I look up everything on You Tube, heck I just made a quilt following a channel and then learned how to print a quilt label on my inkjet printer. Who knew there was such a thing. 

• Like 7

After careful, excavation of all my suitcases, I realized that I left the remainder of my ByTox patches in the cabin, hidden between two towels. No huge loss, but those things are wayyy more expensive than the Rebound patch, and I believe that they work better. 

In other news: The first load of vacation laundry is in the dryer, and I've got some coconut shrimp in the toaster oven. A large shot of tequila sits to my left on the side table, and my Better Call Saul season five marathon continues... Good times.

• Like 11

Definitely not as fancy or good as all the great food I enjoyed this past week, but these frozen coconut shrimp are a quick and easy option when attempting to transition back into normal, non cruise life...

PXL_20220606_215736592.jpg

• Like 17

I almost forgot about this, but I've lugged this thing I don't know how many miles now... The paper mache mask that I bought from the souvenir shop in Dominican Republic... I had stopped in to get some shot glasses for the guys at work, and when I saw it, I knew that I wasn't leaving there without it... I have a small, but unique collection of masks at home, and this would make the perfect addition. The only problem was, "can I actually get this thing all the way home in one piece?"... Remember, yesterday alone, I carried this thing around with me on my walk through Miami, because the people at the luggage storage refused to let me leave it there. Anyhoo, long story even longer, here it is... 

PXL_20220606_222715432.thumb.jpg.55b8bf26634cd7c401a1f2f3f9219992.jpg

PXL_20220606_222718928.thumb.jpg.f10f205430b788b08efb5c1ddcdff205.jpg

PXL_20220606_222730159.jpg

• Like 24

Okay, I just checked my email, and this is what I found... ***Maybe I should be getting a kick back for this? (Minus the salt and pepper shakers that I nicked...)

Screenshot_20220606-202826.png

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 15

23 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Still no bags on the belt. At this rate, I'm not going to make it home till 10:30... Maybe I can call out sick tomorrow? No, I definitely can't do that, but I would DEFINITELY like to.

Should’ve gone to Alaska. I got a 5-day weekend after my vacation.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

28 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Okay, I just checked my email, and this is what I found... ***Maybe I should be getting a kick back for this? (Minus the salt and pepper shakers that I nicked...)

They should 100% reach out! Being a new cruise line, your two live reviews on board are the most detailed I’ve seen. I wouldn’t even consider sailing VV until I’ve read your posts…

VV if you’re reading this, Sid deserves a free cruise to give the people what they want.. another live review! Lol!

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

You are also quoted on their webpage https://www.virginvoyages.com/cruise-reviews  The order of tiles change, so you may need to hit "load more" to see it.  I am quoted in there as well! 

• Like 7

Sid, I my not have posted (I'm still getting used to the "live review" format) but  loved your live reviews!

You reviews are well-written, very entertaining and the photos so original and creative.  Greatly appreciated, and now that I know about them I'll definitely be reading more.  Thanks!

• Like 7

Just catching up on the last leg.

I walked all over Brickell 3 weeks ago looking for some reasonable place to eat.  Wound up at COYO

Good tacos.

Glad you made it home ,eventually.  Shrimp in the toaster isn't quite as catchy as shrimp on the barbie, but nourishment is nourishment.

• Like 2