Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

8 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

In the spirit of trying new things, I ate one of the pineapple thyme one's...

How was it? Those popsicles sounded good! It's neat that they have stuff like that. I feel like they definitely changed out a lot of the furniture since your first review because the ship as a whole looks much more appealing and cohesive now. Things just have a better flow to them. It definitely seems like a fun cruise line and the food looks amazing. Sadly we can't go anytime soon since it's no kids, but hopefully someday!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

... My next cruise isn't for six more long months, on the brand new Carnival Celebration...

Is that on December 4th? Do you plan to review it also? Sure have enjoyed reading your comments on this cruise and the last one on Scarlett Lady Sid.

• Like 1

Looks like we've left our little holding pattern, and are heading East. I don't know if they're trying to get us further away from the storm, or we're finally going to start heading towards Miami.

Screenshot_20220604-143934.png

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, WhiteOptima said:

Just curious what type of activities go on during the day.  You haven’t mentioned much but it seems like from the pictures no one is around.

They have trivia, games, a band, and several other things, I just haven't really gotten involved in any of it.

1 hour ago, Shaded Lady said:

Really? I could find absolutely nothing related to this weather event causing deaths at all, in Havana or elsewhere! What's your source @broberts? Just interested in seeing the details...

https://historicalchurch.com/hurricane-season-two-dead-and-destruction-in-severe-weather-in-havana/

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20220603-floods-kill-at-least-two-in-cuba

My regular bartender isn't at On The Rocks Bar, so I came back here to the Dock House... The exact same Patron margarita that I've been getting for $9 at On The Rocks is all the sudden $13 back here... I don't know if my regular guy has been under charging me, or if the girl back here is over charging... Anyhoo, no more drinks here. I've got to find my regular dude, and quick.

PXL_20220604_184749507.jpg

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

It's nasty out, but I count 16 people in the two hot tubs, and another 5 in the pool.

PXL_20220604_182228126.jpg

I can remember back when I was maybe 11 or 12, my folks took me and my grandmother to the city to meet my cousins and their folks at the big pool (they were season ticket holders, we were their guests). After an hour or two it started raining and my grandmother came out on the covered area next to the pool and yelled me “can’t you see it’s raining; get out of the pool you’re gonna get wet”. Bless her heart; she was in her late 70’s at the time. If you are in the pool when the rain starts, you don’t need to get out unless it is thundering and on the last day of a cruise and you want that last dip; go for it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Thank you for a terrific read.  So enjoyed all 52 pages (so far)!  Came here from the NCL boards where you flagged your upcoming review.  Didn't want to miss it....glad I didn't!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Thank you for a terrific read.  So enjoyed all 52 pages (so far)!  Came here from the NCL boards where you flagged your upcoming review.  Didn't want to miss it....glad I didn't!

Uh oh, I've been flagged... Thanks for reading:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

In case you want to play some games, they have plenty of classics, as well as new ones that I've never heard of.

PXL_20220604_170429390.thumb.jpg.26d777020fe5580fc28bdc403a2cf79d.jpg

PXL_20220604_170500943.thumb.jpg.e96c9673a38b8277dded51879fe72ce6.jpg

PXL_20220604_170503964.thumb.jpg.a4c25eed1c41360fecdc3248130adece.jpg

PXL_20220604_170606193.thumb.jpg.60b059243fb4542ece112db1f56ccd5a.jpg

PXL_20220604_170613933.thumb.jpg.917f1d390daf60bec3bd06586a1a6a46.jpg

PXL_20220604_170620138.jpg

Weird that they would have all of those kids games on an all adult cruise ship

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, blarko said:

Weird that they would have all of those kids games on an all adult cruise ship

Kids games are perfect for drunk adults! We watched a group on our cruise playing a sloppy drunk game of hungry hungry hippos that was so entertaining it drew a crowd.

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

I left my phone here to charge for awhile, and my bartender was back at his usual spot, so I've been hanging out there since then I'm going to change into my dinner costume now, and then I've been invited to a "secret" party afterwards... Stay tuned...

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I left my phone here to charge for awhile, and my bartender was back at his usual spot, so I've been hanging out there since then I'm going to change into my dinner costume now, and then I've been invited to a "secret" party afterwards... Stay tuned...

WooHoo A secret party!  That sounds like my kind of evening. We will need the details

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Anyhoo, no more drinks here. I've got to find my regular dude, and quick.

Sid-

I'm assuming you are tipping the bartenders and that, along with your 'regular' status at some of the bars would perhaps allow the bartenders to speak more freely.  Anyway, did you ask them why the same drink costs more at some bars?

• Like 1