Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

10:30 on the dot... My normal post cruise tradition is to dump out my dirty laundry and take a picture of it... I just don't have it in me tonight. It's been a long day. Thanks to all of you who followed my epic adventure, and I will personally thank EVERY SINGLE one of you as soon as I can! Thank you all again so much...

PXL_20220606_023053500.jpg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

This makes sense because if it is left in the room then the cabin attendants have to deal with all of the containers when they don’t have a cart to put them all on. There is a separate person that comes around with a cart just for stuff left in the hallways. This is how Royal does it and I’m guessing it’s the same on some of the other lines.

FYI, on Norwegian in your room there is a notice that asks you call room services to pickup your dishes. Now room service often just lets the room steward know instead of coming. But also on that notice they ask you to not leave them in the hallway.

1 hour ago, luvcruzing said:

It’s aesthetically unpleasant, and as mentioned previously, a hindrance to those using a wheelchair or scooter.  I know Carnival recommends placing the items in the hallway, but it’s bad practice. I ordered room service every morning on my last Carnival cruise and just left the tray in my room, and the steward removed it every morning.

Thank you. And my mother who is gone thanks you also.  More then once we had wonderful stewards that would clear the dishes out of our way so we could get by. 

• Like 4

Thanks as always for a great live review (even though I've been away and just finished catching up now!). I'm so glad you found your cruising mojo and that "she" was so present on her day, all up it's been a great read and I hope just as great a trip for you!

• Like 3

Sid - another wonderful cruise & review.   

Thanks for taking us along for the ride!!

Your enjoyment this time was contagious!!!

I’m sure you enjoyed that shower, when you finally made it home. 

• Like 4

Great review Sid.  It was nice to see you back at again.  I will say it is also fun to see a few reviews from people that travel with a budget and are not always in suites.  Thanks again!

• Like 2

On 6/2/2022 at 6:29 PM, sid_9169 said:

Looks like the Key West pictures are showing up on this phone. Next, I walked down to the local cemetery. They can't bury the caskets underground like usual, they're mostly above ground.

PXL_20220602_175028250.thumb.jpg.a00d773209025ab73deeddf3a2ff9b4e.jpg

PXL_20220602_175030865.thumb.jpg.572a0abfe7b2baf1c588a5a62501e588.jpg

PXL_20220602_175053253.thumb.jpg.ef3a79912e12ee77ac53aee0ea17d933.jpg

PXL_20220602_175056206.thumb.jpg.1c69d2c7df0f9dfb54f408ee065dfd1a.jpg

PXL_20220602_175117107.thumb.jpg.d77b7d470413c01843b8367d35877bcc.jpg

PXL_20220602_175143987.jpg

When we lived in KW the cemetery was somewhat of a tourist attraction. We went one time to read some of the headstones. Some of them were very funny.

23 hours ago, scaught said:

If you end up near that big ass mall, we had some good rolls, drinks, and service at Pubbelly Sushi. 

There is the Dolphin Mall in west Miami and the Sawgrass Mills Mall (massive) in the Fort Lauderdale area. One of these? Sawgrass is still growing. It’s crazy.

17 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm just going to tell you, Miami airport sure could use some upgrades... When we were arriving earlier, there was actually a sign for Eastern Airlines, which went out of business in the 1980's...

Eastern has come back, but it’s basically a new startup with the Eastern name. John Valentine is VP of Operations. Mike used to fly with him when they were at Miami Air International.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

It’s aesthetically unpleasant, and as mentioned previously, a hindrance to those using a wheelchair or scooter.  I know Carnival recommends placing the items in the hallway, but it’s bad practice. I ordered room service every morning on my last Carnival cruise and just left the tray in my room, and the steward removed it every morning.

I agree is doesn’t look good but if the cruise line asks for them to be put in the hallway then people are going to do it. Heck, even if they say don’t put them in the hall way people will still do it. I don’t use a wheelchair, but I can imagine it would be a pain especially in case of an emergency. The steward has no choice but to remove them from your room. Have seen massive piles of the trays of food with only a few bites out of each dish. Ugh! Royal doesn’t use the containers except in the quarantine area so it’s easy to see the food.

• Like 2

Thank you for posting your live report. As someone who has another 4 months to wait to sail VV again it keeps me going! I hope your transition back to work today goes smoothly 🙂

One thing I was wondering - I follow a guy on twitter that does budget trips to Las Vegas - he is very entertaining and his followers have started sending him money to gamble with while he is there as a thank you. I know you don't gamble but you certainly enjoy nice beverages so maybe you could do the same thing? I would definitely chip in for a margarita or two! Just a thought! Then we could "be there" with you in spirit haha 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, janbear said:

Thank you for posting your live report. As someone who has another 4 months to wait to sail VV again it keeps me going! I hope your transition back to work today goes smoothly 🙂

One thing I was wondering - I follow a guy on twitter that does budget trips to Las Vegas - he is very entertaining and his followers have started sending him money to gamble with while he is there as a thank you. I know you don't gamble but you certainly enjoy nice beverages so maybe you could do the same thing? I would definitely chip in for a margarita or two! Just a thought! Then we could "be there" with you in spirit haha 

I'm not sure if donations would fly here on CC, but I go by the same handle on IG if anyone wants to follow or send messages... I'd be more than happy to "have a drink on you"...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

After getting home late last night, I took a shower, then had ONE little shot of tequila before crashing... I slept like a baby for about five hours, then I tossed and turned until the alarm went off. The weight of my World back home was upon me, and soon I would arrive back at the 'ol salt mine, AKA: work... When I walked in, the owner says "I thought that you were off again today"... I had written myself out on the calendar months ago, and secretly wished that I had remembered. Anyhoo, we've been knee deep in work since the minute I walked in, and reality has returned... 

That's all for now, except my final cruise tradition of dumping all my dirty clothes out on the living room floor and taking a picture... I'll return as soon as possible with my also traditional thank you list for everyone who commented along the way.........

PXL_20220606_120912441.jpg

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm not sure if donations would fly here on CC, but I go by the same handle on IG if anyone wants to follow or send messages... I'd be more than happy to "have a drink on you"...

@sid_9169...I seriously believe you need to do some soul searching when you are out walking daily and consider starting a You Tube channel.

Stop and think about it...you have lots of followers here on CC and people use You Tube for research on cruising and traveling, your pre cruise Miami jaunts.

It may take some time to build subscribers but I follow folks who are now making a full time living off what they make a month of You Tube.  You have the talents, even if the postings at the beginning are nothing more than pics put together from your phone, it is a start!

You Tube is where folks can "donate" and you could probably drink "free" on your cruises.

I don't know if you spend any time on You Tube but it would be a fantastic side hussle for you and keep you occupied in the evenings and your mind busy!

• Like 14

We finally caught a break here at work, but it looks like my afternoon walk is going to be rained out. I do have a lot of laundry to do, so maybe that's a good thing. I also still have lots of tequila in the freezer, so that'll help take the edge off of being thrown to the sharks today. 

• Like 6