Celebrity Infinity- Should We Stay Away?

Went on the Silhouette 7 years ago which was our first Celebrity cruise. 

I know the Infinity is smaller. Not sure if that will be an issue but isn't the Infinity well past due for a refurbishment? How she holding up ? 

I've read some negative reviews about mold in bathrooms.  Very small showers. Not enough to do on board..

Without knowing what you like to do I can’t say if there’s enough to please you but consider that there are about the same number of on board activities you would have experienced before so if you were happy then, you should be satisfied now

There are always posters with negative comments about every ship. We sailed the Millenium on our first Celebrity cruise in 2008 and I almost cancelled our cruise based on posts from the CC boards. I was so glad I didn't. Some of the items people had posted about were so minimal and definitely irrelevant to our cruise experience. We have a future cruise booked on the Infinity for next winter, at which point she will still not be revolutionized and I'm sure we'll have a great time regardless. 

Edited by kathynorth
  • Like 4

I have sailed Infinity in 2018 and she was in good shape and we had a great cruise. I love the M and S class ships.  

Following our experience on M Class Infinity, we sailed M class Constellation and are booked on M Class Millenium in 2023.

The only element available on S Class ships that I personally wish was also available on M class is the Murano restaurant.

Of note, Concierge Class and Aqua Class cabins on M Class ship are a bit bigger than regular veranda cabins while on S class ships, all these cabins are of the same size.

All I can say is that the Infinity was in good (perhaps not quite new) shape in 2019 and I can't wait to be back onboard this fall. The more people who shy away simply leave a better guest to crew ratio for us. 

• Like 2

we are doing FL to Rio in November on the Infinity....never been on M Class therefore never been on Infinity always S class but boy are we looking forward to going!!! If its anywhere as good as our Celebrity previous cruises we will be happy. This time we are in a suite...not big and fancy a sky suite but got a good price when the itinerary came out and jumped in....

• Like 1

We love the M class ships.  Elevators fore, aft, center.  I would ask what the "revolutionized" ship has that is better.  Answer is not many changes except the retreat and cosmetics in the cabins.  

The joke is most is stuff like new carpet that was done anyway along with turning the library into cabins.  Is that a plus?

• Like 4

Can't comment on Infinity, but when we were booked on Reflection in 2019 I was told she was "old and sad",  was uncertain after that comment but was the itinerary we wanted so stuck with it.

In our view that comment was totally unfair, yes a few bits of wear and tear but not enough to stop us going on her a second time later the same year and again next month. So IMO don't be put off by a few negatives.

• Like 2

.  I like M ships. Summit is my favorite Celebrity ship. Infinity is my least favorite.  Same design and size.  There’s more to consider than size and design. Some ships work and some don’t.  Infinity …not my choice.

13 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Yep, I would stay away from any ships that haven't been revolutionized.  

Yes once they are revolutionized you get less storage space, uncomfortable seating, decorative, vases & pillows everywhere, and that small table that was only good for putting drinks or room service on is no longer in the way instead you have a chair that doesn’t fit under the vanity/desk.  

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Yes once they are revolutionized you get less storage space, uncomfortable seating, decorative, vases & pillows everywhere, and that small table that was only good for putting drinks or room service on is no longer in the way instead you have a chair that doesn’t fit under the vanity/desk.  

I t doesn't sound like you have been on the Revolutionized Millennium or Summit.  Both are fresh looking ships and don't have the silly vases, pillows or uncomfortable chairs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

We love the M class ships.  Elevators fore, aft, center.  I would ask what the "revolutionized" ship has that is better.  Answer is not many changes except the retreat and cosmetics in the cabins.  

We enjoy M class as well (and S class), and very much appreciate the 3 elevator banks.  But having been on the "revolutionized" Summit, I will say that the "new" buffet -- with separate serving stations as on the S class ships -- is far superior than the old high school cafeteria line buffet.  I was happy that the revolution did NOT change the theatre -- those comfortable 2-seaters are still there; love them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gordylad said:

so Infinity, Millenium and Constellations cruisers are wrong? I dont think so

I've sailed on Summit, Constellation and Millennium. But I'm really not a big fan of M class ships at all. If the OP likes an itinerary and price, then I'd say go with it. But there are much nicer ships out there from Celebrity and other lines. 

I was sad to see Murano (Ocean Liners) restaurant replaced with Tuscan (which I dislike greatly) and Qsine replaced with LPC (Which was fun but very much a one and done for me). So on longer itineraries I'd personally be bored with a lack of dining venues and bars compared to other ships. 

I'd only book an M class ship again if I really wanted to do the itinerary and the price was great. I'd be bored on a cruise with many sea days though. I think the OP is right to ask the question. I also think those who have only ever sailed on E class would be disappointed if sailing on an M class ship.

I know some members love M class and will disagree, but they're no longer for me. I just find the competition much better. 

32 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I t doesn't sound like you have been on the Revolutionized Millennium or Summit.  Both are fresh looking ships and don't have the silly vases, pillows or uncomfortable chairs.

We have been on Millie last Oct in Aqua and next week we will be in a Sky Suite. I'll take any Celebrity M or S ships over any E Class ships. I think you need to check out the post below.

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

We and others disagree.  Would rather be on Infinity.  The "revolutionized " ship is not an improvement in my opinion either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

We have been on the Revolutionized Summit.  We had less closet space, we had a lot of pillows & useless decorative vases, plants all of which we had to get out of the way by using some of the limited storage and uncomfortable seating inside the cabin.  Fortunately we were in one if the 5 aft facing  Aqua cabins so we had loungers on the balcony, not the straight back seating on some of the balconies.

I will agree that the new color scheme is great.  

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

We have been on Millie last Oct in Aqua and next week we will be in a Sky Suite. I'll take any Celebrity M or S ships over any E Class ships. I think you need to check out the post below.

Thanks, perhaps that's the source of confusion.   All of my experiences have been with the veranda class cabins.  I'll limit my comments to the veranda, oceanview and inside cabins that account for the vast majority of cruisers. I'll let others comment on the effects of the revolution for the minority of passengers in suites. 

I am in 100% agreement that I will take any other ship, revolutionized or not over any E-class ship.  It's a shame that the E-class ships don't have conventional balconies on the side of the ship.  Sorry, I don't like those couple of port hole cabins.  

• Like 2

On 5/27/2022 at 12:31 PM, Colorado Buffalo said:

Went on the Silhouette 7 years ago which was our first Celebrity cruise. 

I know the Infinity is smaller. Not sure if that will be an issue but isn't the Infinity well past due for a refurbishment? How she holding up ? 

I've read some negative reviews about mold in bathrooms.  Very small showers. Not enough to do on board..

We were on Infinity on 2002 (her inaugural year) and in 2016.  I would not have a problem booking her again.  She and her sister ships have some unique design features such as the MDR that has two stories of glass looking out the ship's stern, the mid-ship glass elevators that overlook the port side of the ship, and several windows on the floor of the Oceanview Cafe that allow you to look down on the sea some of the tables.  

She does lack the larger number of specialty restaurant choices that you found on Silhouette and the lawn.  I guess you have to decide if that is enough to dissuade you from booking Infinity.

We are booked on a 15 night Constellation TA in Oct.  With 9 glorious days at sea on an un-Revolutionized ship, I am looking forward to it.

image.thumb.jpeg.b8b236d001fbe71849dc78138a38ae4a.jpeg

Infinity anchored off the coast of Punta del Este, Uruguay on Jan 5, 2017

Once an M-class veranda cabin is revolutionized, the sofa is gone.  There's a silly chair-and-a-half.  Doesn't look too strange in the regular veranda cabins, which are smaller, but the CC and AQ cabins ended up with a great big "empty."  Really dumb.  I'm looking forward to the Infinity in July.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 12:25 PM, B x said:

Can't comment on Infinity, but when we were booked on Reflection in 2019 I was told she was "old and sad",  was uncertain after that comment but was the itinerary we wanted so stuck with it.

In our view that comment was totally unfair, yes a few bits of wear and tear but not enough to stop us going on her a second time later the same year and again next month. So IMO don't be put off by a few negatives.

This x 100.

Just come off Reflection

Had read it was tired and in a state.

It was awesome.

Like others have said, people moan about the most ridiculous things.

It's not in Celebrity's interest to have people on a ship that's in a bad state.

Wish I was still on reflection now. Been off it 7 days and missing it like an old friend.

Would give a lot to be back on now.

We were booked on Infinity for a Spain/Portugal Oct. 2022 cruise when X moved Infinity to the Caribbean and cancelled all the 2022 European sailings. 🤬 They are sailing the same itinerary in Oct. 2023 but we are hesitant to book it in fear of it happening again.  There are rumors that X is trying to sell Infinity.  Anyway, I’m curious to learn about the condition of the ship as well.  No other line is doing a comparable itinerary for Spain or we would be considering that.