Anytime Dining Reservations

zackarykeef

Hi all!

Since this will be our first X cruise, just a quick question. There are 7 of us total across 3 rooms, and we all have anytime dining. If we show up to the MDR, will we be able to sit together, or are reservations recommended? It’s just hard since we don’t know what time we’ll eat each night (hence the anytime choice), but if it’s necessary to all sit together, I’ll make reservations. Thanks!

Zack

5 minutes ago, zackarykeef said:

Hi all!

Since this will be our first X cruise, just a quick question. There are 7 of us total across 3 rooms, and we all have anytime dining. If we show up to the MDR, will we be able to sit together, or are reservations recommended? It’s just hard since we don’t know what time we’ll eat each night (hence the anytime choice), but if it’s necessary to all sit together, I’ll make reservations. Thanks!

Zack

Hi

There were 8 of us on our Silhouette cruise in April,(4 cabins),we did link the bookings on line before the cruise,,,,,dont expect to turn up and be seated straight away you will maybe get a bleeper to tell you when a tables ready.

We sent one person early (18:15) to give them notice we wanted a table for 8,,,,sometimes they made a table up for 19:00 a couple of times it was nearer 21:00.

Yes you can be seated together if you walk up, but as mentioned above there may be a wait.  Simply plan for that and all will be well.   Of course, you can plan a time earlier in the day and contact reservations to see how close they can seat you to the desired time. 

8 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

There were 8 of us on our Silhouette cruise in April,(4 cabins),we did link the bookings on line before the cruise,,,,,dont expect to turn up and be seated straight away you will maybe get a bleeper to tell you when a tables ready.

We sent one person early (18:15) to give them notice we wanted a table for 8,,,,sometimes they made a table up for 19:00 a couple of times it was nearer 21:00.

Wait…sometimes the wait was 2h45m?! I don’t mind a little bit of a wait, which I expected, but that’s a little crazy…

• Like 1

If you link all the reservations on-line beforehand, you should be able to make a reservation on-line also.  Did this for our party of six - after the first night, they asked if we knew when we would be coming the next night.  Worked out well for us - good luck

12 minutes ago, zackarykeef said:

Wait…sometimes the wait was 2h45m?! I don’t mind a little bit of a wait, which I expected, but that’s a little crazy…

The one person was a scout,,the lady on the desk could give a rough time.

Ifbit was later others didn’t come down for dinner till later.
We were told there was only 2 tables for 8.

Although downstairs there were many more,,,but no staff to man them.

And believe me for some of us waiting in the Matini Bar with a bleeper for 2 hours isomer couldn’t remember what they had to eat anyway.😁

19 minutes ago, zackarykeef said:

Hi

And believe me the performance in the MDR on the 21st April Silhouette cruise was crazy.

We never experienced dining with more than 4, we have met others who dined at big tables with a group.

I think if you contact the MDR on embarkation immediately I think you can make reservations for the rest of the cruise.

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

Why not make advance reservations?  As soon as Zi book, I make dining reservations for the MDR or specialty venues. It’s easy to do online.

But to get a table together they need to link the reservations.  Most want tables for 2-4 no a lot of tables for 7-8 that have staff assigned. 

We have anytime on our upcoming cruise in 2 weeks, but I still went ahead and made reservations for 5 of the 7 nights. We have 4 rooms of 2 so I had to link the reservations to get all 8 of us together. I based the times around our scheduled excursions or plans, our group is pretty much on the same page and fine with the times. I saw reviews of recent cruises that said as the cruises started to fill back up recently that the lines for anytime dining were pretty long so I wanted to try to avoid that with having a group of 8.

Yeahhhhh our reservations are linked. I guess I'll make rough reservations...I just hate making reservations each night, since we don't know when we'll want to eat that day. That's why we chose any time...especially because some nights some of us may want to dine separately. I guess with a big group reservations are more necessary regardless. Thanks for everyone's input!

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 12:32 PM, zackarykeef said:

I guess it depends on whether you want to eat with all 8 at one table or break up into smaller groups and get in earlier. 

Would two 4 tops that are right next to each other be acceptable to your group? This arrangement would be easier to get than an 8 top and you could all still talk to one another.

You could make advance reservations for 2 tables each night, then talk to the Maître d' on boarding day to arrange for the same two adjacent tables each night.

Edited by MarKay525