Next Cruise Booking

If when on a ship you do the next cruise booking where you do not pick a specific ship / date when do you get the certificate information? Do you get it before the end of the sailing your on? Does it come to your email? Also is the deposit $100 per person? Do you just fill out a form and drop it in a box? How does it work? Have only done it before where we have sat with someone and picked a specific sailing. 

42 minutes ago, broadwaycam said:

If when on a ship you do the next cruise booking where you do not pick a specific ship / date when do you get the certificate information? Do you get it before the end of the sailing your on? Does it come to your email? Also is the deposit $100 per person? Do you just fill out a form and drop it in a box? How does it work? Have only done it before where we have sat with someone and picked a specific sailing. 

You will get an e mail.

Caution.  You only have 2 months to pick a ship and sail date or you do not get the OBC.  If you do not pick anything within 12 months you lose the $100pp deposit.  These are also non refundable deposits

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You will get an e mail.

Caution.  You only have 2 months to pick a ship and sail date or you do not get the OBC.  If you do not pick anything within 12 months you lose the $100pp deposit.  These are also non refundable deposits

How long does it take email to come? Do you just fill out a form and drop in a box?

1 minute ago, broadwaycam said:

How long does it take email to come? Do you just fill out a form and drop in a box?

You can either fill out a form or you can make an appointment.  If you make an appointment the e mail will come as you are sitting there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can either fill out a form or you can make an appointment.  If you make an appointment the e mail will come as you are sitting there

We never leave the next cruise desk without the paperwork in our hands.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks for your help. If you just fill out the form how long does it take to receive the email?

I did an appointment booking on a sea day, and the email was sent right then. As the cruise progressed, I decided I wanted a second booking and did that the final night, dropped that one in the box. When we got home and all settled in, I checked my emails and found it was there. The first one, I hade dates and all pre-picked out. The second was was TBD. Like someone else said, 2 month to decide, of loose the OBC and if you don't do anything , after 12 months you have tossed it all($200 deposit) out the window. 

FYI: if you use the box, the funds show up on your card just as if you had an appointment.

14 hours ago, broadwaycam said:

Thanks for your help. If you just fill out the form how long does it take to receive the email?

In the past when we have filled out the form (pre shutdown) and dropped it off early in the cruise, paper copies of the NCCs were delivered to our stateroom the next day. We also received the emails before we got off the ship at the end of the cruise. If you wait until the end of the cruise to drop the form off, you probably won't get the email until you are back home.

What are the benefits to booking a cruise on the ship?  I typically go through our travel agent, would this cut her out of it, I really wouldn't like doing that to her as she is always so helpful in every way she can?  Thanks in advance!

36 minutes ago, gg255210 said:

What are the benefits to booking a cruise on the ship?  I typically go through our travel agent, would this cut her out of it, I really wouldn't like doing that to her as she is always so helpful in every way she can?  Thanks in advance!

You can transfer to your TA and still get the reduced dep and the OBC as noted this is  NRD

12 hours ago, sandy toes said:

Just remember the transfer to your TA when you get home and to book your cruise within the year. You cannot do TBD and not book something. You will forfeit your deposit. 

I book on board with an appointment. The two I booked on the Navi and the Vision had my TA shown in the paperwork. I emailed them, and had their invoice emailed to me.

Hi. We booked a cruise while on board Wonder to sail on Symphony next May. Have looked at our invoice and can’t see weather or not Royal has taken our diamond plus discount off or not. We do have $300 OBC. Is it one or the other? Thank you.

59 minutes ago, Shocked91 said:

Hi. We booked a cruise while on board Wonder to sail on Symphony next May. Have looked at our invoice and can’t see weather or not Royal has taken our diamond plus discount off or not. We do have $300 OBC. Is it one or the other? Thank you.

The OBC from Next Cruise is independent of and in addition to other discounts that you may be entitled to.

One thing to look out for is, if you've booked a suite, it may the case that the current "sale" has given you a discount of $550, which would be more than the value of your D+ discount and since those can't be combined, the system defaults to whichever discount gives you the greater value.

On 5/30/2022 at 7:58 PM, FionaMG said:

Hi. Thanks we booked a grand suite. Will look at our invoice.

The OBC from Next Cruise is independent of and in addition to other discounts that you may be entitled to.

One thing to look out for is, if you've booked a suite, it may the case that the current "sale" has given you a discount of $550, which would be more than the value of your D+ discount and since those can't be combined, the system defaults to whichever discount gives you the greater value.

On 5/30/2022 at 7:58 PM, FionaMG said:

Edited by Shocked91
  • Like 1