Live from Pacific Explorer - 31st May - Australia is Cruising Again

On 5/31/2022 at 7:04 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I wonder if Dora will end up having some cases onboard and if so, how many.

If there were any, they were kept under wraps. I don't think there were any testing positive aboard though, as the ship was cleared quickly. It will be interesting to see if anyone comes out with a "caught it on the ship" headline over the next few days, but personally felt we had more chance of exposure on the train home.Ā 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

If there were any, they were kept under wraps. I don't think there were any testing positive aboard though, as the ship was cleared quickly. It will be interesting to see if anyone comes out with a "caught it on the ship" headline over the next few days, but personally felt we had more chance of exposure on the train home.Ā 

If there were cases of covid on board I doubt P&O will release any details, they don't want bad publicity do they? It could destroy the entire cruise season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

If there were cases of covid on board I doubt P&O will release any details, they don't want bad publicity do they? It could destroy the entire cruise season.

I don't expect there would be a PA announcement, but they do have to report to NSW health. From there, who knows. I don't know if there is a threshold, or if NSW health will keep specific records for these cruises. We have no CDC equivalent, so I doubt they will have a colour status.

• Like 2

Just a thought for your packing list. We packed some masks, but we didn't need them. There was a mask for each passenger in the cabin, and they were replaced as required or requested. You just need a mask for the terminal for embarkation, although they may have had a stash there too.

Ā 

The mask required venues also had a staff member out front handing masks to anyone that needed them.Ā 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, arxcards said:

A better capture from Studio 10 via PC this time.

Ā 

Capture_20.thumb.jpg.93a926d8c6b362d2b2eee4d074372362.jpg

Queen Anna holding Court. Great pic there young Geoffrey.Ā  Are the people in the P&O T shirts Meeters and Greeters or pax? OR just P&O Groupies?

Edited by NSWP

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Queen Anna holding Court. Great pic there young Geoffrey.Ā  Are the people in the P&O T shirts Meeters and Greeters or pax? OR just P&O Groupies?

passengers. Geoff's wife Barb is third from the left (with red hair).

2 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

They are passengers. The T-shirts were a gift from the ship, placed in everyone's cabins, for them to wear on the day in Brisbane.

They needed a bit more thought. We had 2 smalls delivered to our cabin. I managed to switch at reception for 2 larges, which was great for Barb. I could get mine on, just, so didn't wear mine for the day in Brisbane.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, arxcards said:

They needed a bit more thought. We had 2 smalls delivered to our cabin. I managed to switch at reception for 2 larges, which was great for Barb. I could get mine on, just, so didn't wear mine for the day in Brisbane.

What were they thinking ( 2 smalls )Ā  after a cruise with all that food, they should know by now.šŸ˜‚

• Haha 3

Trying to board now, absolute nightmare, system crash at check in terminals, arrived at our designated boarding time, had to queue outside for 40 mins, now at the check in queue and the queue is massive, a lot of grumpy people, COVID rules a waste of time, the place is rammed!!!!

Ā 

the way the queue is moving be 3pm I reckon before we board, doubt we will leave on time given how many are still queueing outsidešŸ˜”

Edited by Hammer61

4 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

Trying to board now, absolute nightmare, arrived at our designated boarding time, had to queue outside for 40 mins, now at the check in queue and the queue is massive, a lot of grumpy people, COVID rules a waste of time, the place is rammed!!!!

Ā 

the way the queue is moving be 3pm I reckon before we board, doubt we will leave on time given how many are still queueing outsidešŸ˜”

Hope it gets better for you , enjoy your holiday , when it starts !

19 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

Trying to board now, absolute nightmare, system crash at check in terminals, arrived at our designated boarding time, had to queue outside for 40 mins, now at the check in queue and the queue is massive, a lot of grumpy people, COVID rules a waste of time, the place is rammed!!!!

Ā 

We got on about 12:00 today,quite easy.
They Didnā€™t ask if we got a Covid test just if we have had any symptoms in the last 10 days.
My friends got a PCR test and asked the check in they wanted to see it ,they just shrugged their shoulders and shook their head.

Ā 

We had the worst coffee in our life in the buffet.

The food was pretty hit and miss.

Indian curry was very goodĀ 

Fish and chips where averageĀ 

Roast beef was like a rock and couldnā€™t eat it.

I got a piece of cake that must have been left over from the last cruise, it was just stale.
Our suite in nice ,stocked free soft drinks mini bar ,cabin attendant bought us a free bottle of champagne.

35 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

Sounds like a lot of hungry people there.

I'll bring along some snacks for next Tuesday.

I hope that it's not too much longer for you before boarding, it would be be very frustrating being so close yet so far.

Enjoy your cruise once you're on the ship. šŸ™‚

5 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I got a piece of cake that must have been left over from the last cruise, it was just stale.

I think it was left over from the travel agent cruise.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We got on about 12:00 today,quite easy.
They Didnā€™t ask if we got a Covid test just if we have had any symptoms in the last 10 days.
My friends got a PCR test and asked the check in they wanted to see it ,they just shrugged their shoulders and shook their head.

Ā 

We had the worst coffee in our life in the buffet.

Our suite in nice ,stocked free soft drinks mini bar ,cabin attendant bought us a free bottle of champagne.

The dining room is much nicer for embarkation lunch. I have never been a fan of most buffets, although Solstice & Oosterdam were pretty good. The day we did graze there, the beef & salad rolls were really nice.

Ā 

They don't need to ask or seek proof if you did a covid test, as all that information has been pre-loaded into their system. I bet they have seen a lot of RATs coming out of peoples pockets.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hammer61 said:

Ā 

One reason we upgraded from a mini to a suite for this - front of queue. I didn't get to see what the conga line looked like behind, but they are never fun. I hope you are aboard now.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, arxcards said:

The dining room is much nicer for embarkation lunch. I have never been a fan of most buffets, although Solstice & Oosterdam were pretty good. The day we did graze there, the beef & salad rolls were really nice.

Ā 

They don't need to ask or seek proof if you did a covid test, as all that information has been pre-loaded into their system. I bet they have seen a lot of RATs coming out of peoples pockets.

They wanted to see the app but we said we had trouble with it .And they didnā€™t really care.

I got my take awayā€™s on (if you know want Iā€™m talking about) with out any trouble.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Thanks for the heads upšŸ‘ And we have finally made it! Hopefully things get better from here.

Ā 

Got to our room only to find someone elseā€™s luggage waiting for us? Had the right number on them as well LOL sent the attendant into a panic as the room card had our namešŸ˜³

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

I would appreciate it if someone onboard for todays cruise reports how many people are wearing masks? And if Julie the CD is out and about.

Ā 

Thanks.

No sign of Julie? But mask wearing is widespread, but could be a hang over from the 3 hour check in marathon šŸ˜³ only just pulling away from white bay now

Edited by Hammer61