Watch your Flight time changes!

suzyed

We are flying home from Seattle after our Alaska cruise and our flights have been change several times and we're over a month out.  Most of the changes are a few minutes here and there and sometime equipment changes.   Today I noticed that our flight that was originally at 12pm, then changed to 11:30 am has been changed to a 7:30am flight which will not work!  We only dock at 7am! One of our family member's flight also changed. the other three are still the same....at least for now.
I guess it's worth checking from time to time.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the heads up.  This is one thing that is not Princess' fault, although if you used EZ Air, they should be  more pro-active.  I tend to book cruises close to home.  If I do fly, I would definitely consider a flight the night before with many hours to spare.  Hopefully, with many choices to get there.  

The webinar the other day says that they are ONLY working with passengers who are traveling within the next 30 days.  All others will have to wait to be serviced.  They did mention....exceptions.  

• Like 1

Hi there!  I hope you get it all worked out.  Did you use EZ Air?

Flying is a crazy mess it seems these days.  I am on Delta (Booked with Skymiles) LAX to SEA July 29th return to LAX Aug 7.  I am on DIscovery Princess July 31st.  My outbound flight changed time once and return flight time had changed twice, was OK.  Then about 2-3 weeks ago they cancelled that return flight and moved me to a new flight which is IMPOSSSIBLE, like you.  I immediately called and now have a later afternoon flight (long sitting time at SEA-TAC, UGH!)  I am also very concerned about all the recent permanent flight cancellations in and out of SEA-TAC and imagine there will be more by the time I fly and just hope I don't get caught up in it.

• Like 1

We had to cancel our most recent cruise .. disembarking today, as a matter of fact.  You got me wondering if my flight was on time, had we been on it.  We booked through EZ air and on Alaska airlines, SeaTac to SFO … our flight was good.  It had actually left a few minutes early as everyone was onboard.  

• Like 1

We booked a round trip directly with Southwest from San Diego to San Francisco.   Our flight times have changed twice thus far and we still have 11 days before sailing.   So far the changes are doable.    I choose SWA because they typically have many flights should mine get cancelled.

I have been checking my flight prices daily and in the past 2 weeks they've gone down in price 3 times.   (It's easy to rebook).   We are flying "Wanna Get Away" so they just put a credit on my account for future flights.

We also fly in a day early just in case everything goes to S....T in a hand basket.    If worse came to worse, we'd get in a car and make the drive to SF. 

• Like 2

Yes check your flights. I just looked at SWA earlier today to see if any Of my upcoming flights are cheaper and I noticed a travel itinerary change for one of them. They have my email address and they also have my text phone number and I was never notified. Luckily they change for free  when that happens, but now I have a two hour and 40 minute layover instead of a five hour layover that they gave. So definitely pays to check with all the airlines because Southwest certainly did not notify me 

Edited by arizonaperson

7 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Yes check your flights. I just looked at SWA earlier today to see if any Of my upcoming flights are cheaper and I noticed a travel itinerary change for one of them. They have my email address and they also have my text phone number and I was never notified. Luckily they change for free  when that happens, but now I have a two hour and 40 minute layover instead of a five hour layover that they gave. So definitely pays to check with all the airlines because Southwest certainly did not notify me 

double check your junk/spam folder.   They emailed me but did not text.

1 hour ago, hpeabody said:

Flying is a crazy mess it seems these days.  I am on Delta (Booked with Skymiles) LAX to SEA July 29th return to LAX Aug 7.  I am on DIscovery Princess July 31st.  My outbound flight changed time once and return flight time had changed twice, was OK.  Then about 2-3 weeks ago they cancelled that return flight and moved me to a new flight which is IMPOSSSIBLE, like you.  I immediately called and now have a later afternoon flight (long sitting time at SEA-TAC, UGH!)  I am also very concerned about all the recent permanent flight cancellations in and out of SEA-TAC and imagine there will be more by the time I fly and just hope I don't get caught up in it.

Flying has always been a mess!

Many years ago we booked a flight to Fort Lauderdale for a cruise. And then it was changed from direct from Newark to a stop with a layover in Dallas! And we would have got to Fort Lauderdale possibly in time to wave goodbye to our cruise ship.

We have EZ air and had a flight change, it was on the Princess site. Fingers crossed we have non stop Boston to LAX with transfer to the ship, suppose to arrive 4 hours before the flight. Hate going the day of but that is what we could get.

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thanks for the heads up.  This is one thing that is not Princess' fault, although if you used EZ Air, they should be  more pro-active.  I tend to book cruises close to home.  If I do fly, I would definitely consider a flight the night before with many hours to spare.  Hopefully, with many choices to get there.  

The webinar the other day says that they are ONLY working with passengers who are traveling within the next 30 days.  All others will have to wait to be serviced.  They did mention....exceptions.  

We are flying into Seattle the day before the sailing...this is for the flight home.  We purchased transfers and were told our flight cannot be less than 4 1/2 hours after docking at 7am.

3 hours ago, hpeabody said:

Hi, Holly!  We also used Delta miles for these flights.  We need to keep an eye on it.
Our next cruise flies to Quebec.and we used EZair and got a great one way fare in First Class but it didn't arrive until 11:13PM.  I kept checking and actually found a a flight that gets us there at about 3:30pm and it's almost $250 less than the previous one.  Needless to say, I am keeping an eye on that one too!

3 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

We booked a round trip directly with Southwest from San Diego to San Francisco.   Our flight times have changed twice thus far and we still have 11 days before sailing.   So far the changes are doable.    I choose SWA because they typically have many flights should mine get cancelled.

I have been checking my flight prices daily and in the past 2 weeks they've gone down in price 3 times.   (It's easy to rebook).   We are flying "Wanna Get Away" so they just put a credit on my account for future flights.

We also fly in a day early just in case everything goes to S....T in a hand basket.    If worse came to worse, we'd get in a car and make the drive to SF. 

That's nice when you can drive to port.  We will drive to our NYE cruise which is out of FT. Laudedale.  Probably will drive the day of but might change our minds and go the day before.

2 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Right!  Glad you caught it!  Delta usually notifies us too....and most times it's a minute or two difference in the flight times.  This time I happened to come across it and it is absolutely unworkable. No notification!  But thankfully  I was able to change it an afternoon flight.

I am sitting at the airport right now, waiting for a non-cruise related flight that is delayed two hours.  It was listed as on-time until we were in line for TSA screening, when my phone alerted to a text message giving me the “flight delayed” notice.  I’m going to try to take a nap!

10 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I am sitting at the airport right now, waiting for a non-cruise related flight that is delayed two hours.  It was listed as on-time until we were in line for TSA screening, when my phone alerted to a text message giving me the “flight delayed” notice.  I’m going to try to take a nap!

On our last cruise, we were flying home from Montreal heading to Newark. There were several flights and ours was the only one that boarded on time; all others were listed as delayed. We got as far as taxiing to the runway before our flight was delayed. And it was delayed several times.

Check more than just flight times. I'm a few days away from an international flight and decided to click on view seats. I had already upgraded to economy plus and handpicked my seats. Apparently, they changed the aircraft but not the flight number or times, so no notification was sent out. My economy plus seats on my original flight became economy non reclining seats in front of the lavatories. Thank goodness I checked and could still move my seats.

• Like 2

Our flights for Alaska land and sea have changed at least 10 times since we booked last September.  Now leaving on June 6th and Princess flights are different then Deltas. Betwen all of the testing , now 3 tests for this cruise, and the flights I almost want to cancel.  Vacations should be fun. This is filled with anxiety. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ontheweb said:

On our last cruise, we were flying home from Montreal heading to Newark. There were several flights and ours was the only one that boarded on time; all others were listed as delayed. We got as far as taxiing to the runway before our flight was delayed. And it was delayed several times.

Ouch!  Sitting in the terminal is painless compared to sitting on the plane.  Especially in modern times, when we all carry phones with built-in alarm clocks, so we can take a nap!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Ouch!  Sitting in the terminal is painless compared to sitting on the plane.  Especially in modern times, when we all carry phones with built-in alarm clocks, so we can take a nap!

Yes, it was horrible. We actually did not finally take off until past the time we were supposed to land.  😢

• Like 1

One of my wife's sisters is taking her kids on a cruise. Her oldest son is actually doing all the planning and arranging and now it's only about a week before they are supposed to sail. The cruise is out of Vancouver. He got notice that their flights have been totally changed around. Unfortunately, his flight, his wife's flight, and one of their son's flights were changed but the 4 member of his group - a minor son - wasn't changed. He's spent hours on hold with Princess trying to fix this and has had his call dropped a couple of times after being on hold for over 2 hours. It's crazy and frustrating and is really upsetting to them. It's bad enough that the flights were changed at almost the last  minute but to have it screwed up this badly is really upsetting.

Thanks to you guys for helping me keep my personal two hour delay in perspective.  So I got home a little later than planned.  Not a big deal!  Didn't miss any time on the ship.  Didn't stress over missing a cruise.  

I wish everyone smooth sailing!

• Thanks 1