6-2-22 Thursday Weigh-In -- Four Summer Months To Lose

Belle

June is here

July is near

August and September will follow

Question is-------Will WE have a LOSS during each of these MONTHS?

Summer months are hard I know with more activities going on and most include food.

Can YOU Do It?  Can WE Do It?

Good Morning Belle - Thanks for starting the post.  I am not going to weigh for a little while, but I need to keep coming in and reading and writing posts.

We had a great time with DH's brother and sister-in-law .... It included way too much food ... I believe that we went out for every meal - I did find food that I could share - had some lovely seafood in Bar Harbor and Southwest Harbor - Was beautiful to be on the coast and see the ocean with all the rocks and waves.

Before we went on our trip I went for my annual mammogram and it came back with some problems ... I ended up having biopsies done yesterday (think there were 7) --- now just waiting for results ... which should be on Monday.  Just keeping my fingers crossed.

I have beautiful flowers in bloom - lilac's almost gone, poppies are amazing, fuchsia rhododendron early yellow azaleas and iris look lovely.  I did plant some annuals and we have some vegetables growing in the back yard.  Love this time of year.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.  Jan 

Belle thanks for the start of the week. 

Jan great trip with family  - if I go out to eat with Houston son we frequently split a plate.  You flowers sound amazing.  When I lived in Wisconsin I had a hydrangea tree plumes were basketball size.  Also had a poppy flower bed (probably was 50 years old  it was maybe 6x4 ft had 100 plumes a year.  

Jan about your biopsies.  Take a deep breath,  don’t over think the what ifs.   If you have a cruise planned in the next few months take it.  I had breast cancer in 1991 and 2011  if you need someone to talk to let me know . 
I worked as a breast health case manager for several years.

does anyone know if we can post email addresses or phone numbers?

as for weight.  I got serious this week- no more lifesavers,  tempting foods.

im not hungry but crave food — definitely have loss of taste of most foods.

I also have been trying to use my vibration plate 2x daily.  (Trying to jiggle the remaining fat on hips and thighs).   Im 2lbs below my prior wt range.   I’m 2.5 months from surgery and it can take 3-6 months to see the full  result.     There is a  50 yr old man at the dog park I hadn’t seen in 2 years . He was soo excited to see the new me called me sexy and gorgeous Wow what an ego boost. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jan_In_Maine said:

mammogram and it came back with some problems ... I ended up having biopsies done yesterday

Scary!! Wishing you the best 🤞

Up. Blame it on finishing off the ice cream in 3 days. Once I go off plan on 1 thing (ice cream) it just leads to another (crackers)

• Like 1

LOL my old age showing  plumes meant to  be blooms -  I’m definitely decreasing mental function.    At least I’m aware of the problem.  Joke at the dog park is  between 4 of us we have a complete brain. Tried Prevagen for 3 months didn’t notice a difference.  

• Like 1

Heard from the doctor today - I have metastatic cancer and it has gone into my lymph nodes - amazing that can happen in a year.  I will have to have a mastectomy and probably chemo.  Not what I wanted to hear ... but hopefully everything will go well.  All the kids know -- that was so difficult.

I refuse to give up any bucket list cruises ... I will get through this!!!  Jan

Jan-in-Maine

So very sorry to read your news.  I am sure this is shocking to you.  Your attitude of not letting this spoil your bucket list is so positive and this is what you need at this time.  Always think positive.  Positive can help the healing.  Ask all around you, children included to not give in to negative thoughts.  Keep hope alive.  You can win this.  Just either go on the cruise or shelve it for awhile knowing you can take it later

I am here in your cheering corner!

Edited by olaydt
  • Like 1

Jan I sorry you have to go through this. Waiting till Monday is not right.

AS I was writing this your post came through. I'm so sorry the results weren't

what you wanted to hear. Yes, you will get through this--it will go well.

Yes, don't give up on your cruises. They bring you joy.

Glad you had a good time with DH's brother and wife. Eating out is part of a vacation.

Izena when I eat out i order just for me and bring half home--leftovers! No cooking for

a day or two.

Sorry you had to go through the breast cancer twice. Then you went to help others.

That was nice.

Up to you about e-mail and phone numbers. You can if don't mind being out there.

Leave spaces between e- mail address.

Great on the weight, see your sexy. The trouble is a lot of time not hungry just craving--

That's our problem!

Ombud Ice cream here was a no no too. Blame it on the holiday! Hope you and

I can get back on track soon.

Me up a lb. (see above why) Have to do better but going out to dinner with the "kids"

tonight. Will bring half home. Got my phone fixed today. My land line, yes still have

one beside a cell. Least an easy fix. No bill.

Everyone take care. Jan you will be on my mind thinking good thoughts for you.

• Like 1

At my age my plumpness and I have become friends.  I have taken off all my clothes and looked at myself critically and I think ==== what the heck!  I have a great personality, I look young for my age, I am not ugly --- so who am I trying to impress?  I actually like myself.  Would I like to be thinner?  Yes!  But it is not worth (to me) all the calorie counting, gym workouts, denying myself something nice to eat and constantly on the scale.

At my age I am done with that.  I choose clothing that is very becoming that hides my flaws and I go out with confidence.  I am FREE!!!  Like me or leave me.

• Like 3

olayt thank you for how you feel about body/weight. Everyone deals with it in their own way.

On here we lose to look better of course but the main thing is to be healthy and losing

weight for some of us will make us healthier.

On here everyone does their own way of eating. Some eating everything in small portions, 

others low carb ect.

Join us if you like, just to maintain where you are and not to gain. Welcome.

@olaydti will never look like i did when a teen BUT when I was my heaviest I was on a higher stating dose + 3 other meds. Yes I wanted to fit into that dress. Yes I made that goal. But guess what? My labs are better with less weight & isn't that what really counts? 

@Jan_In_MaineI'm sorry that you're going through this. 20220603_093032.jpg.3705c266f81f9458d0cb0d5bca1f5713.jpg

• Like 1

Olay’s t. Welcome.  My reason for weight loss is I was way too big.  Addicted to sweets. Diabetes out of control and I was unhappy with being the biggest in the room and very limited activity Stairs killed my knees,  couldn’t do small adventure cruises because I couldn’t do stairs.

now  I’m  more active,  went on an uncruise and had a ball (including up/down 10 flights of stairs a day. .  Just got home from kayaking for an hour.  I feel better and look great in clothes, naked it’s not horrible.

Jan I’m so sorry. I’m sure your in shock.  It is going to be a roller coaster of activities, surgeries, chemo.  

• Like 1

Good Afternoon All

Ombud and Izena I'm so happy you both feel so much better after you lost weight.

Don't think olaydt is joining us just expressing her opinion to make us or herself to

feel better. She's welcome to join us if she wants to.

Jan hope your doing alright, know this is a hard time for you.❤️

Jo how are you? Busy  or just resting from things--like weighing?

Meghan how are you doing on your new plan? Hope you come in soon and tell

us how your doing whether it's good or bad. We're here to listen.

Me had a nice dinner with the kids and got the phone fixed. Now waiting for a package

that's been in fedex place in another town since Wed. Same state fours away.

Driver shortage? Who knows?

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

• Like 1

Belle, I do understand the point olaydt is making. We need to be happy with ourselves and not a magazine version of ourselves. No matter how we determine our 'best version.' And that best version will change as we age. I just had to rethink her msg to get there. She's lurking so she's thinking / reevaluating 

Meghan, still on track?

Jo, please let us know how you are when you're up to sharing

Izena, did weight loss help your diabetes? (It drastically cut my cholesterol and I went from swings in blood sugar to fairly steady levels. Not diabetic but better. Yes, still can't have sweets around -- especially ice cream. Kids laughingly state I'm an ice cream-aholic)

JAN  I think of you frequently.   My Maine cruise  leaves June 23 from Boston.  We will be in Bucksport Municipal Marina  Sat Jun 25  1030 pm to Monday Jun27 1 am.  Literally all day Sunday Jun 27.   Wondering if you would like to meet?

I no longer have problems with blood sugar.  A1C went from 9.8 to 5.2.   I’m the typical nurse  don’t like pills . My pcp allowed me a trial on just diet (great collaboration) in a month it was down to 7.5.  Fat is an enemy stores estrogen,  affects circulation,  I can go on an on.  I feel so much better have more energy etc.   I’m comfortable in my wrinkles.  

Yes Olaydt  is correct we need to be comfortable in our own skin.  Love ourselves for who we are.  Now  I have the time , energy and confidence to enjoy my retirement.

• Like 1

Izena - Thank you for thinking or me and thanks so much for the offer - as it stands right now I won't be available on that Sunday - I will touch base with you before your cruise, perhaps something will work.  Where else in Maine does it stop?  Jan 

Jan my itinerary. (linhartmary)

Jun23. Thursday. Start in Boston

Friday.       Portland all day leave port 10pm

Sat.           Rockland/Camden.   6a -  6p

Sun.         Bucksport.  24 hours leave 1 am monday

Mon.        Boothbay Harbor.  Mon 9a - 5pm

Tues.       Bath.     Mon 8p - Tues 530 pm

We’d.        Gloucester    730 am - 630 pm

Thurs.     Martha’s Vineyard.    Thursday 630am -  Fri  2am

Fri.          Newport RI. 730 am - 11pm

Sat.          Provincetown   7am - 8pm

yahoo.c

cruise is getting close getting excited.  Do you like puzzles?

2 minutes ago, Izena said:

Jan my itinerary. (linhartmary)

Jun23. Thursday. Start in Boston

Friday.       Portland all day leave port 10pm

Sat.           Rockland/Camden.   6a -  6p

Sun.         Bucksport.  24 hours leave 1 am monday

Mon.        Boothbay Harbor.  Mon 9a - 5pm

Tues.       Bath.     Mon 8p - Tues 530 pm

We’d.        Gloucester    730 am - 630 pm

Thurs.     Martha’s Vineyard.    Thursday 630am -  Fri  2am

Fri.          Newport RI. 730 am - 11pm

Sat.          Provincetown   7am - 8pm

yahoo.c

cruise is getting close getting excited.  Do you like puzzles?

Sounds like it will be a great cruise - was talking with DH about you and he thinks that I should "make the time" and he will go with me - I'll keep you posted!  What type of puzzles?  Picture puzzles or question puzzles?  Jan

HI all!

Thanks for thinking of me, I'm just too lazy to post but do read the posts.

Jan ~ so sorry to hear of your diagnosis & will be praying for the best result for you. Hard to believe all that could happen in one year!!

That'll be nice if you & Izena can meet up.

Belle ~ I sure hope to lose over the summer as I'd like to be lighter for my October cruises.

olaydt ~ great you feel comfortable in your skin. I hate to look in the mirror but realize my body is not all there is to me.

Izena ~ that sounds like a great cruise & is getting close now, lucky you!

BTW I was actually down 1.2 lbs so was glad about that, still a ways to go to fit into the 2 dresses I want to. OTOH will I actually wear them if I do fit in them?!!

Have a great day & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

Good morning everyone.

Jo good loss for you.

Got 2nd booster yesterday.  Huge decrease in hospitalizations but stil have acquaintances who are testing positive.   For me just means definitely wearing a mask at the airport, plane and crowded areas.

I’m hopeful  Jan and I get to meet up.   Has created a new idea to add to bucket list -  going on same cruise with others in this group.  (Could meet for a buffet lunch).   

Still walking goal 3-5 miles a day — this morning Jazzper was in the mood to chase squirrels behind the community pool.  He stalked  while I walked  15 laps.  Walks  with Jazzper are always leisurely - we have no one to impress.   

It’s nice to have my son in the house.  Spends weekends with GD.  Bikes a lot., eats healthy.   Jazzper adores him.   

• Like 2