Suite specialty dining on embarkation day

junglejane

2 minutes ago, junglejane said:

If staying in a suite, do you need to make a reservation on the app if you want to take advantage of the complimentary specialty dining on embarkation day? Or do you just show up?

We didn't make a res. When we went to Crown Grill to make a res, they told us to "just show up". Also, went to Sabatini's (wanted to try the "new" menu) and were again told to "just show up". This was on the Discovery in April.

• Like 1

I was able to make a reservation on the medallion app for our upcoming cruise and it "zeroed out" the cost.  My sister who is in the suite with me tried to do it and it said it was going to charge for it, so I think the person who booked the suite/guest 1 might have to do the reservation for the credit to be applied.

In the pre-covid days when we got to our cabin there would be a card with our assigned time and restaurant.  If we wanted to change it, we would just call the dine line or stop at Sabatini's or Crown Grill and get it changed.  That should still work if the medallion app doesn't 

8 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

We didn't make a res. When we went to Crown Grill to make a res, they told us to "just show up". Also, went to Sabatini's (wanted to try the "new" menu) and were again told to "just show up". This was on the Discovery in April.

Were they able to seat you when you went? I would worry that we would end up waiting for an extended time.  I really don't enjoy waiting to be seated and would much rather have a reservation.

• Like 1

We have called the dine line but never liked the times so we just go to the Crown Grill and set up times there. No need to use the app they always leave some tables open for the suite passengers they know are coming

1 minute ago, Coffeehound510 said:

If we wanted to change it, we would just call the dine line or stop at Sabatini's or Crown Grill and get it changed.  That should still work when the medallion app doesn't 

There, I fixed it for you... 😇

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Coffeehound510 said:

Were they able to seat you when you went? I would worry that we would end up waiting for an extended time.  I really don't enjoy waiting to be seated and would much rather have a reservation.

We walked right in. If you're nervous, go to the restaurant to make a res or call for a res

When we were on the Ruby last fall, there were instructions to call dine line and ask for what we wanted. We did that and were able to get a reservation at the location and time that we wanted.

We made our suite reservation online for first night, since we have had trouble getting reservations on-board for specialty dining. More passengers are getting the plus packages that have included dining.

1 hour ago, Coffeehound510 said:

I was able to make a reservation on the medallion app for our upcoming cruise and it "zeroed out" the cost. 

OK I just tried this and it worked. Right now the Emerald Princess is only showing the Crown Grill as available for specialty dining reservations. I've been following the recent posts about the Emerald and it sounds like the availability of Sabatini's is uncertain and dependent on staffing issues. So I made us a reservation at Crown Grill on the Medallion app and it zeroed out just as you said.

We were on the Royal on its May 28th voyage out of Vancouver. After checking out our suite (B734, it was great) we wandered around the ship. So we just dropped by Sabatini's and made a reservation in person. It wasn't at all crowded, so we probably didn't need one.