I'm so frustrated. May I please B&M a little...

GottaLuvCruising

1 hour ago, mnocket said:

Sometimes there's a difference between what CAN be done (it's in the contract) and what SHOULD be done (good customer service/relations).

I agree 100%. I just stated what they could do (including ignoring do not upgrade). I did not say or mean to imply that I agreed with them doing that.

Sometimes I wonder whether the bean counters realize the long term harm they do with their little short term actions.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

8:44pm to 9:10pm

I'll tell me sister "illegal connection" but I suspect (hope) my BIL will make the next call.  I'm so tired of it all.  

We had a flight changed so that our connection time was 36 minutes. Our TA called EZAir, on hold over 2 hours. WHen he finally got someone, her answer was “anything over 30 minutes is regulation” and hung up on him. I looked on line and saw we could fly from home earlier in the day, so we’d have a few hours connection time, so we went to the airport the day before, explained the issue to a gentleman at Delta who got us on that earlier flight. It cost us a little money because the earlier flight was more desirable (which I clearly understand), but he solved our problem. I don’t think we could have accomplished that on the phone.

• Like 2

Are you past the point where you can go into the cruise personalizer and change EZ Air yourself (assuming you booked flexible air)? If not, try doing a search to see what other options/pricing is available and you may see the flight you want pop up. Or maybe different flights that you can switch to? You can do this without actually changing anything booked - you need to "confirm" through prompts to actually change it....good luck

10 hours ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

Sister off phone with Delta.  They state we are absolutely entitled to have this fixed at no additional cost.  Princess says they can't do it without canceling and rebooking...and they don't know how that will play out.  

Who made the change, Princess or Delta?

If Delta made the change, they should be able to fix it without involving Princess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Who made the change, Princess or Delta?

If Delta made the change, they should be able to fix it without involving Princess.

Delta made the change.  They have emailed us repeatedly since we booked and paid for our flights through EZAir.  Jacki gets their confirmations and I get ours.  We just didn't know they had separated us on the middle flight.  Going through emails now, we still don't know when they did that (after January.) 

Delta and Princess are passing the buck at each other and we are the pawns in the middle.  

At this point, OUR connection had plenty of seats available (theirs does not.)  If Princess doesn't respond to the report filed yesterday, we'll try to make a change at the airport.  

It's a PITA, but we'll make the best of it.  

Thanks everyone for the support, encouragement, trying to help and getting me through the frustration.  

After several changes by Delta on flights, flight times, seating arrangements, I now check my upcoming flights daily so I can nip it in the bud asap.
In one instance Delta changed our homeward flight to 7:30am....we dock at 7am, so of course that doesn't work.  They switched my DD from Comfort plus to main cabin and after 4 phone calls and 2+ hours on hold they wouldn't change it back.  So she called Amex travel (she booked with them) and they took care of it. 

• Like 1

I am so sorry OP that you have to deal with this. It is distressing.

Unfortunately the entire travel industry is a mess right now, and it isn't going to get better but it will get worse over the short term. All of the airlines and cruise lines and other travel companies are suffering big time. The staffing shortage is getting worse, not better. And the impact of inflation, fuel prices, and materials shortages are causing everyone, from the cruise lines to the passengers, to make major changes in what used to be a stable industry.  

Airlines are limping along. Each week, hundreds of flights are cancelled because operationally they can't staff the planes, airports, and such properly.  Meanwhile, at Princess you have many "new" employees who lack the experience and training to deal with the situation. But it's not just them, unfortunately. 

I don't see this getting any better any time soon. We only have two sailings scheduled, September and April, and I'm worried that April won't happen, the way things are going now.

• Like 4

I feel your pain.  I had to move a flight last minute due to cancelling first week of a b2b cruise.  Ez-Air has not ticketed my new departure flights yet and we are scheduled to leave on Thursday around noon.  I spoke to their emergency department, the only people who seem eager and capable enough to help and the agent was unable to figure out why she couldn’t issue our tickets, she escalated I am now waiting for a call back.  Best of luck to you

• Like 1

Sorry about both your flights and cabin.  On our May 21 cruise, we were "upgraded" from the cabin we selected.  Our TA knows we are no upgrade, was not notified, and called Princess who said our cabin was still available but would take 3-5 days to process.   But they sold our original cabin in those 3-5 days.  No, they would not move us anywhere else.   Our new cabin was across from both a stairwell entrance AND stewards' utility room, AND on the quarantine deck.  We went to see the loyalty person since we are Elite level.  She blamed our TA.  We likely won't cruise Princess again.

Why are you not dealing with Delta to change the flight?  They should be able to do it for no charge because they made the change.  I saw above where you said they would do it so not sure why they didn't.

• Like 1

Don't hold your breath for a response to a snail mail letter. I haven't heard anything in response to the one I sent in January. That said, I did book another cruise today for August. My onboard experiences have been much better than dealing with Princess reps. I booked the cruise today through one of the large online travel agencies. 

16 hours ago, kabmab said:

Sorry about both your flights and cabin.  On our May 21 cruise, we were "upgraded" from the cabin we selected.  Our TA knows we are no upgrade, was not notified, and called Princess who said our cabin was still available but would take 3-5 days to process.   But they sold our original cabin in those 3-5 days.  No, they would not move us anywhere else. 

Your TA should have worked with Princess to give the people now booked in your original cabin the upgrade and put you back in that cabin.

19 hours ago, dickinson said:

Why are you not dealing with Delta to change the flight?  They should be able to do it for no charge because they made the change.  I saw above where you said they would do it so not sure why they didn't.

I did the online chat w/ Delta
I called Delta
My sister called Delta

Each time we were told Princess would have to make the change.  Princess told us they'd have to cancel and rebook, but had no idea what would happen if they did that.  

Nice, huh?  

Delta changed our EZ Air flights to Vancouver so we would arrive a day and a half after the ship was due to sail. Fortunately I was able to get it fixed but it really boggles the mind how they do that sort of stuff.

51 minutes ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

I did the online chat w/ Delta
I called Delta
My sister called Delta

Each time we were told Princess would have to make the change.  Princess told us they'd have to cancel and rebook, but had no idea what would happen if they did that.  

Nice, huh?  

Wow!  I am so surprised.

• Haha 1

Our cabin on our December sailing got upgraded....as we all know, Princesses' upgrades are not what we would have asked for.  We had an aft cabin with the bigger balcony and they moved us mid-ship with the regular balcony.  As soon as I saw it I went on chat on the Princess site and told the rep I want our other cabin back.  While he was checking to see if it was still available, I asked it they wanted to upgrade me to a mini and he asked which one I wanted.  So although they were able to get my original balcony back I chose the mini.  I'm good with that!

• Like 3

And then today, I got a notice of a flight change that we booked through EZair. on United Airlines to Quebec.  I go and check it out and now our outbound flight is at 6:45am instead of 9:45am, which leaves us now with a 5+hour layover in Newark!  Ugh!

14 hours ago, Thrak said:

Delta changed our EZ Air flights to Vancouver so we would arrive a day and a half after the ship was due to sail. Fortunately I was able to get it fixed but it really boggles the mind how they do that sort of stuff.

It was a flight not booked through a cruise line, and I'm not sure if it was Delta or another airline, but we were once changed from Newark direct to Fort Lauderdale to a flight with a layover in Dallas. And if were lucky, we would have been there on time to wave goodbye to the ship as it departed.

On 6/9/2022 at 11:50 AM, Sunwanabe said:

I didn't realize that PC could change your cabin albeit with a supposed upgrade without approval or acceptance by the guest? On the surface this appears to be unacceptable unless it's in their terms and conditions?

The cabin change is likely due to the Covid quarantine...  So, yes, they can do this.

9 hours ago, toofewcruises said:

The cabin change is likely due to the Covid quarantine...  So, yes, they can do this.

I guess in the current climate some of the cabin switches are indeed due to covid quarantine, but that is not always the case, nor was it the case prior to covid.

Our recent change and a few others in the past had been changed without our permission to a cabin that Princess deemed to be an upgrade.  Most times it would not be considered as such.  They think if it's midship that is automatically better.   If you catch it right away and request your old cabin back before they give it away it's all good.I guess what I am saying is the passenger's idea of an upgrade is frequently very different than the cruise line's idea.  Many of us booked cabin categories with "free upgrades"...that is how the cruise line justifies changing your cabin.
As far as I know, you need to have your reservation tagged as "no upgrade" and that should alleviate the problem. 

Edited by suzyed