CDC set to drop testing negative to reenter USA today

I agree that this this is about time, and I hope the cruise industry follows suit.  Time for the world to go back to normal.

So here's another question - an article I read says that they'll revisit this issue in 90 days, which is during our Alaska cruise.  If they reinstate the testing requirement at that time, do your crystal balls say that it would be reinstated immediately, meaning that we would have to test before getting on our flights home from Vancouver???  Guess it would make sense to take tests with us just in case?  Thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

Isn't the thing to drop the 5 or 10 day quarantine onboard nevermind the testing?

Folks were being asked to isolate even before COVID - that's unlikely to change. Testing, and specifically, pre boarding testing, is likely to go away - probably by when RCI will drop the refund for a positive test next April.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, skyking said:

True, we fly over Wednesday night and have testing set for Wed morning to board Friday.  Ohhhhh I will be taking them anyways for sure, they are packed in the carryon already. 

Nice to know we won't be stuck in London for 10 days thought. 

Have a great cruise!!!!

Great news, but now I have 6 eMed tests that I can't use. Would love to sell them if I could. We had purchased 12 to test before the cruise and prior to flying home. 

Stephanie

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Folks were being asked to isolate even before COVID - that's unlikely to change. Testing, and specifically, pre boarding testing, is likely to go away - probably by when RCI will drop the refund for a positive test next April.

I believe that if the ports that RCL cruises to did not require tests to enter their country (Bermuda is a good example), RCL would drop their pre cruise testing requirements in a heartbeat.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, seba1 said:

Great news, but now I have 6 eMed tests that I can't use. Would love to sell them if I could. We had purchased 12 to test before the cruise and prior to flying home. 

Stephanie

Keep them............you never know!!!

Or...........sell on eBay..........keep them as a souvenir of the pandemic.........have a party and burn them!!!!

51 minutes ago, BND said:

Just saw it and was going to post if no one else had.  Time to stop pre-cruise testing.  

Even with everyone testing negative pre-boarding now, lots of people are still catching Covid onboard.  Just imagine being on a cruise with no testing, with Covid zombies walking through the ship infecting everyone. Sounds like a fun vacation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

I believe that if the ports that RCL cruises to did not require tests to enter their country (Bermuda is a good example), RCL would drop their pre cruise testing requirements in a heartbeat.

We have a cruise to Bermuda in August and will use ours for their requirements.

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yeah that refund won't last forever which does mean more and more people are less likely to go the medical centre as they won't get any FCC or refund it will just be hard luck to them.

• Like 1

Oh good! I'm going to Italy and France at the end of summer and now I don't have to figure out how to get tested out there before I come home. 

I'm double vaxxed and boosted, haven't gotten covid this entire time, but am always worried when I go outside the country that I'll get stuck. 

My last trip to Aruba was so stressful with all the testing requirements. 

Yay to an easy Europe trip 🎉🍾

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bob63005 said:

Southbound cruise from Seward to Vancouver , now will not need test to fly from YVR to SEA.

Do people actually fly from Vancouver to Seattle ? You can either drive it or bus it in about 2 1/2 hours.

• Like 2

Just now, Jimbo said:

Do people actually fly from Vancouver to Seattle ? You can either drive it or bus it in about 2 1/2 hours.

Destination is St. Louis but nothing direct from YVR flying to SEA then STL. Crazy that before you drive without a test but needed one to fly.

34 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

Whats your solution? Testing for Covid forever? 

Even with testing now, people are boarding ships with Covid not to mention the ones that used a fraudulent method to obtain a Covid Test letter showing negative. 

Covid is here to stay. 48 hr testing is just a snapshot in time and more Covid theater that the cruise lines need to move forward from. 

Keeping people who are currently positive from getting on the ship in the first place is one step towards reducing overall risk for passengers and crew.  Hardly Covid theatre. And no, testing won't be forever, as new and improved vaccine boosters should be coming later this year which would improve immunity to the very contagious Omicron variants.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

Canada dropped testing requirements to enter but you need to fill out ArriveCanada documents and there is random testing at the airports.

My bad, I knew that and just had a brain fart...  I had an unvaccinated friend back in Canada that I was talking to yesterday and he is still prevented from traveling and got the protocols messed up in my mind.

Edited by Tree_skier