Have It All AND MORE

Taleena

14 hours ago, SLOTheta said:

Thank you! I was thinking about upgrading to the Elite package, but I see that this offer is on our Alaska cruise next Sunday!! Woohoo. 

How exactly did you get to this page on the Navigator ?  I do not find it.  I do have some future cruises booked, but not to Alaska.  I have version 4.13.0 on my Android phone (go into Settings/Apps to check this).  Clicking the Experiences button at the bottom, then Dining & Drinks, there is a Bars section with no mention of HIA.  On the Home page, under Featured Offers there is a HIA choice that opens to a long page that eventually says it includes the Signature package, and further down defines that as being for drinks under $11 with no mention of offsetting the cost of those costing more.  

It seems that HAL is generating different Navigator pages depending on what cruises are coming up, and setting up an experiment on a few cruises to see what effect this different policy has on revenue.  They might net more by encouraging people to spend $7 for an $18 wine than $0 for one at $11.

Anyone who is seeing this probably ought to take a screen shot and print it to take along, in case they need to go to the Front Desk to get charges adjusted.

1 hour ago, JennysUncle said:

How exactly did you get to this page on the Navigator ?  I do not find it.  I do have some future cruises booked, but not to Alaska.  I have version 4.13.0 on my Android phone (go into Settings/Apps to check this).  Clicking the Experiences button at the bottom, then Dining & Drinks, there is a Bars section with no mention of HIA.  On the Home page, under Featured Offers there is a HIA choice that opens to a long page that eventually says it includes the Signature package, and further down defines that as being for drinks under $11 with no mention of offsetting the cost of those costing more.  

It seems that HAL is generating different Navigator pages depending on what cruises are coming up, and setting up an experiment on a few cruises to see what effect this different policy has on revenue.  They might net more by encouraging people to spend $7 for an $18 wine than $0 for one at $11.

Anyone who is seeing this probably ought to take a screen shot and print it to take along, in case they need to go to the Front Desk to get charges adjusted.

On the App:

Clicked Experiences, then Dining and Drinks. It showed up under Wins, Cocktails and Bars

Screen shot

681B14EA-EFFF-4DC8-AB2E-0BC0AD0F36FE.thumb.jpeg.6dab7f3495864ed4e0d78018134c6392.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, SLOTheta said:

On the App:

Clicked Experiences, then Dining and Drinks. It showed up under Wins, Cocktails and Bars

Screen shot

681B14EA-EFFF-4DC8-AB2E-0BC0AD0F36FE.thumb.jpeg.6dab7f3495864ed4e0d78018134c6392.jpeg

Interesting.  I supposedly have the current Navigator, downloaded from Google Play.  Here is my screenshot - below "Casual Dining" I have "Coffee & Treats" and then "Bars".  Could you check your version # ?  Do you have the iPhone/iPad version - that's not always in synch with the Android version.

Screenshot_20220626-114911.png

17 minutes ago, JennysUncle said:

Interesting.  I supposedly have the current Navigator, downloaded from Google Play.  Here is my screenshot - below "Casual Dining" I have "Coffee & Treats" and then "Bars".  Could you check your version # ?  Do you have the iPhone/iPad version - that's not always in synch with the Android version.

Screenshot_20220626-114911.png

I get the same on my Android phone--no have it all and more description.  My device updated to version 4.13.0 a couple days ago but it still shows the same in this bar section as when the version was 4.12.0.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AFNavigator said:

I get the same on my Android phone--no have it all and more description.  My device updated to version 4.13.0 a couple days ago but it still shows the same in this bar section as when the version was 4.12.0.

Mine looks exactly the same and it is all up to date. My guess is that they are testing the waters with Alaska cruises to see if they will have people spend more money. Whey they don't just test it across the whole fleet is is unknown. 

• Like 1

Mine is showing a different rendition of the page to the ones shown above.

version is 4.13.0 and my next cruise is on Rotterdam to Northern Isles in August.  Navigator is showing the correct number of days to sailing, but nothing else that is relevant.

Screenshot_20220626-191816_Navigator.thumb.jpg.102c89ae2f8a448f4e2bf0907289c861.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Mine is showing a different rendition of the page to the ones shown above.

version is 4.13.0 and my next cruise is on Rotterdam to Northern Isles in August.  Navigator is showing the correct number of days to sailing, but nothing else that is relevant.

Screenshot_20220626-191816_Navigator.thumb.jpg.102c89ae2f8a448f4e2bf0907289c861.jpg

Same screen for my cruise in February.

We also have the same screen and will be on board 2 weeks from right now. 
I am pretty convinced this is a test to see if they can increase revenue on Alaska sailings. 
recent pricing has dropped dramatically for Alaska and other than excursions on board spending tends to be lower for Alaska. I suspect someone is hoping for a bonus if this works 😉

6675F5A4-0455-4CBF-BB84-C7B971FC5893.thumb.png.f8a5414e1a7457ce425825a18a7a6bc1.png

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Mine looks exactly the same and it is all up to date. My guess is that they are testing the waters with Alaska cruises to see if they will have people spend more money. Whey they don't just test it across the whole fleet is is unknown. 

You may be right, as it does not show up on our August Oosterdam Greek cruise in my 4.13 Navigator version either. It would be nice, but from looking at the wine menu there are only a very few wines by the glass over $11 in the standard drinks package and few spirits over the cap. We had decided there are not enough offerings to justify upgrading the drinks package but being able to just pay the difference would be a nice thing to have for the few offerings.

I just looked at HAL website and did a search and found nothing on this new package.

Edited by terrydtx

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, NotLikeBelleRosen,IHope said:

The "and more" was not available last week on the Eurodam. I asked at guest services and was told I'd have to pay full amount for any drink over the $11 threshold. 

That is disappointing.  It is probably only in the Alaskan Market.  

On 6/15/2022 at 11:13 AM, Taleena said:

The upcoming HAL cruise I currently have booked is September 11 on the Westerdam 7-day Alaskan Explorer. I can still see it the HIA&M offer in my Navigator app (version 4.12.0) on both my Android phone and Android tablet, so perhaps it depends on if you're using an Android or an iPhone, or maybe it's only on certain cruises. Who knows, especially when HAL is involved. 😆

+1 same cruise, same result on the android app

I will print a screen shot for sure.  This additional charge of "just the difference"  was the policy of our last cruise on Princess, and it worked well and worked often (for us).  We loved having a few extra special drinks without having to buy the whole package.  I hope HAL adopts it across the board as its a program that makes sense for everyone. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, NotLikeBelleRosen,IHope said:

It was an Alaskan cruise!

As others have speculated, this could be a test market to determine the business case of allowing the upcharge.  I hope it sticks because there are a few wines and spirits in the $12-$15 range I would gladly pay the modest upcharge but am not interested in paying the full price plus 18% gratuity.

1 hour ago, AFNavigator said:

As others have speculated, this could be a test market to determine the business case of allowing the upcharge.  I hope it sticks because there are a few wines and spirits in the $12-$15 range I would gladly pay the modest upcharge but am not interested in paying the full price plus 18% gratuity.

I mentioned this specifically in my post cruise survey. I likened it to the up charge in the Pinnacle for dry aged steak. People might give it a try as an up charge but will pass on it otherwise.

• Thanks 1