With Testing Off The Table ...

BigBee51

can we now go back to the tried and true discussions centered around never before asked questions regarding TIPS, acceptable clothing at dinner and my personal favorite, the definition of "premium" wines and/or cocktails?

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

Wow.

And our towels weren't folded the way I wanted them to be; I specifically wanted the fold on the RIGHT, not the left.

And then, the pillowcases. The opening of the pillowcase should be on the LEFT, not the right. It kept me up all night.

And then there was the pen on the desk. I always want it with the point aimed down, and I came in the stateroom and it had been put back with the point aimed up. 

In the World Cafe, the shrimp tails weren't always all aiming the same way, and I had my water refilled, but it wasn't filled all the way to the top the way I prefer; what's with that?

And I saw someone get gelato, but their scoops were bigger than mine. I was furious, almost couldn't finish the last 6 scoops. 

Finally, when we went into port, I specifically told the steward that I wanted the ship to back in so that I could see the shoreline from my room--but the captain had the audacity to cruise in bow forward. You'd think that, with my knowledge of boating from the little RC boats in Central Park, that they would have consulted me. But no.

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

I’ll tell you one discussion that is forever dead - dress for dinner.

If Viking doesn’t enforce their own dress code, all bets are off and anything goes.

Win for “I paid good money for this cruise and I’ll dress however I like.”

Viking continues to move to a middle market carrier as it struggles to fill it’s ships.

3 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

If Viking doesn’t enforce their own dress code, all bets are off and anything goes.

Viking continues to move to a middle market carrier as it struggles to fill it’s ships.

Bathrobe and slippers are in for the World Cafe.😳🍸

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Bathrobe and slippers are in for the World Cafe.😳🍸

You may have been joking here, but I did see that with my own eyes on our one cruise post covid. I was truly disappointed. That crossed a line I had never imagined being crossed.

Just now, lackcreativity said:

You may have been joking here, but I did see that with my own eyes on our one cruise post covid. I was truly disappointed. That crossed a line I had never imagined being crossed.

Nope not joking.🥃

2 hours ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

My husband is a doctor and he dresses up daily, I can't understand why he can't wear jeans in the dining room!  That was an actual comment on these boards

20 minutes ago, PasadenaDave said:

My husband is a doctor and he dresses up daily, I can't understand why he can't wear jeans in the dining room!  That was an actual comment on these boards

I remember that one!
That was a classic.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lackcreativity said:

I had to laugh - on our Ocean cruise (in Norway even!) in April, we saw two people in their bathing suits (and a TShirt) at the World Cafe.  They went to get the cold cuts/salad stuff and you could see the water dripping down on the floor.  Absolutely bizarre!!   Wouldn't want to sit in their seat after they left, that's for sure!

Sounds like we definitely are off and running!!

oh - and in Norway, can't they turn the sun off a little earlier in the evening?

Edited by CCWineLover

One thing I like about the Viking Forum , the dress code thread are few and far between. On Seabourn, they are endless. Very boring and so very redundant. 

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Twitchly said:

Down with the petty bourgeoisie! Blue jeans and baseball caps everywhere for all!  

I do have to disagree for table service restaurants, but my comment comes from eating at the World Cafe for 13 of 15 nights.  Intensive excursions cause us to enjoy quick and easy dinner without fuss.  We ate twice at Manfriedes, and never in the MDR.  We found the World Cafe food to be enjoyable 

I would like eating in WC if all things were served!  I have seen too many passengers doing silly things in the lines!!  The omlet station works for me at breakfast and for lunch I gan get a Caesar Salad or soup and grilled shrimp handed to me.  Otherwise I wash my hands AGAIN before I eat after touching serving spoons!  But often times I still feel like it is a Jack in Box experience up/down so many times and triple that when trying to eat with others....and getting a wine other than "included" is difficult...I usually go to the aquavit bar myself to order!  The wait staff tries hard but they are very busy....and do they put new placemats down or just wipe them off? and I am always loosing silverware!!! 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, deec said:

I would like eating in WC if all things were served!  I have seen too many passengers doing silly things in the lines!!  The omlet station works for me at breakfast and for lunch I gan get a Caesar Salad or soup and grilled shrimp handed to me.  Otherwise I wash my hands AGAIN before I eat after touching serving spoons!  But often times I still feel like it is a Jack in Box experience up/down so many times and triple that when trying to eat with others....and getting a wine other than "included" is difficult...I usually go to the aquavit bar myself to order!  The wait staff tries hard but they are very busy....and do they put new placemats down or just wipe them off? and I am always loosing silverware!!! 

On Venus, Dec. 2021, in WC, witnessed staff replacing (self) serving utensils.  Don't know how often, but another pax told me every 15 minutes.  I also would prefer staff to serve pax.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, deec said:

I would like eating in WC if all things were served!  I have seen too many passengers doing silly things in the lines!!  The omlet station works for me at breakfast and for lunch I gan get a Caesar Salad or soup and grilled shrimp handed to me.  Otherwise I wash my hands AGAIN before I eat after touching serving spoons!  

I'm hearing you on the touching serving spoon issue....we're more than happy when the server is the only one handling the serving spoon.  We always carry hand wipes and 'wash up' after serving our food. (and in restaurants after handling the menu) I confess we're a little OCD.  Not having children on board does make it a little better.  I do like the place mats, but like others wonder how those are cleaned effectively.  

19 minutes ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

I'm hearing you on the touching serving spoon issue....we're more than happy when the server is the only one handling the serving spoon.  We always carry hand wipes and 'wash up' after serving our food. (and in restaurants after handling the menu) I confess we're a little OCD.  Not having children on board does make it a little better.  I do like the place mats, but like others wonder how those are cleaned effectively.  

I am a bit OCD about this also, and always carry wipes and hand sanitizer….figure it can’t hurt and just might help keeping me healthy.