Price adjustment

I have booked a cruise for 2023 and phoned today to get a price adjustment as it went down.  I was informed that any cruises booked for 2023 will no longer have any adjustments.  Has anyone else experienced this ?

5 minutes ago, IAMGPW said:

I have booked a cruise for 2023 and phoned today to get a price adjustment as it went down.  I was informed that any cruises booked for 2023 will no longer have any adjustments.  Has anyone else experienced this ?

Call again and get another answer. Don't believe that is true. Are you calling from the USA

9 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Call again but strangely this is the second or third time someone has reported this.  Weird

Probably new, poorly trained phone reps.  Or they didn't pay attention on the remote training.  

Same here,
My TA called RCL and said we are unable to get the price drop because we booked using cruise next for a dec31st 22 sailing.
f we made the change they would up the charge for deposit and also take away our credit.

I for sure thought we were covered with cruise with confidence but it says only cruises thru sept 2022 are covered. What a joke.  I don't think I will ever use the cruise next offers while on board. Since they are so inflexible. 

Just this morning our TA got a price drop adjustment for our 2 cruises next year out of Amsterdam.  We saved over $800.  We did lose our C & A discount ($65) .  So overall worth it.  I know I have tried in the past to get a price adjustments but it has not worked to our advantage.  Have been told various different reasons. Have come to the conclusion when we can get it great. If not, its not worth the argument.

4 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

There are times that having a TA in place is helpful. Ours does all of the negotiating for us.😀  

I agree, but it's rare finding one nowadays that actually keeps up with initiatives like yours.

• Like 1

I have repriced dozens of bookings over the past month.  My guess is that the reps are confused over the policy of allowing bookings sailing prior to Sept 30 that can be repriced after final payment coming to an end vs their policy of allowing bookings prior to final payment which remains unchanged from prior policy.  Don't forget, Royal has recently increased the number of staff and many are very new and despite their quick training to get them on board are not familiar with all of Royals policies.  It took me 3 agents this morning to get a D+340 reservation repriced correctly (yes Ellen, it was yours🙂)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There are also prices that they've tagged "for new bookings only" which invalidate the price adjustment.  For my b2b in September, I noted both legs were lower, but I got an amazing price drop on 1, but the other was a no go, because it was for new bookings only :(.

Doesn't matter, I got a way better one than expected for the longer leg, which actually covered what I was hoping to get with the shorter leg, so it still works out for me.  2nd price drop on this one this year and its down $700+ since i booked it.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dewaldcruiser said:

Got a price adjustment yesterday for a 2024 cruise and a month ago I got one for a 2023 cruise so it appears that there is some misinformation at RCI among some customer care people.

We got a price adjustment for January 2023 cruise. Next cruise deposit and fcc.

2 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

There are also prices that they've tagged "for new bookings only" which invalidate the price

Call back.  Most of their "sales" have that new bookings only clause in the fine print and it has never been followed.  In several hundreds of price drops for clients I have yet to have one denied that was prior to final payment

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Call back.  Most of their "sales" have that new bookings only clause in the fine print and it has never been followed.  In several hundreds of price drops for clients I have yet to have one denied that was prior to final payment

My TA wasn’t able to get it.  I trust her.  She normally can get me most price drops.  She got a price that was lower than i expected for the 2nd leg so its fine.