Infinity Refurbished?

sun bum

If you are asking about being revolutionized, with the Retreat Sun Deck, redone cabins, etc that has not happened.  At this point there has not be a  schedule announced to restart this process for the remaining ships.

56 minutes ago, sun bum said:

I understand the Infinity was to be refurbished last year. Can anyone that has cruised on her this year confirm if that did take place?

Not the full Revolution as @jelaynestated.  But there was some refurbishment and updates on these non-Revolution ships while they were in shut down mode.  Mechanical upgrades and fixes.  Air flow upgrades.  Addition of COVID needed improvements.  And some reports about some cosmetic changes (carpeting and some furniture).  I believe a new exterior paint job too.

43 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Not the full Revolution as @jelaynestated.  But there was some refurbishment and updates on these non-Revolution ships while they were in shut down mode.  Mechanical upgrades and fixes.  Air flow upgrades.  Addition of COVID needed improvements.  And some reports about some cosmetic changes (carpeting and some furniture).  I believe a new exterior paint job too.

I am pretty sure the hull is still white.  All pictures I see on the Celebrity web show a white hull.  She is in Port Everglades today at pier 19.  Maybe someone can catch a picture when she leaves today?  I think her first sailing since the pandemic is June 18, 2022 and hopefully folks will provide updates here.  I will be on board in early July and will also report back.

1 hour ago, Sam.Seattle said:

I am pretty sure the hull is still white.  All pictures I see on the Celebrity web show a white hull.  She is in Port Everglades today at pier 19.  Maybe someone can catch a picture when she leaves today?  I think her first sailing since the pandemic is June 18, 2022 and hopefully folks will provide updates here.  I will be on board in early July and will also report back.

The first passenger scheduled cruise for the Infinity is June 25th.

1 hour ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Her hull is white...I was on the 'Nox three weeks ago and sailed by her as she was anchored

Nothing has been done and is in desperate need for some TLC. We sailed October 2019 and it was very tired looking. We had a nice cruise, but it needed some upgrades. Since then nothing has happened. Maybe some small stuff, but it needs more 

• Like 1

Here she is today!

Here is quote from the person taking the picture:  My daughter boarded the ship today! She is a lead vocalist in three shows on the Infinity. She toured the ship and says it’s beautiful! She also mentioned there were workers everywhere remodeling and painting and getting the ship ready for the first cruise out since covid!

Infinity 06 2022.jpg

Edited by Sam.Seattle
  • Like 9

Thank you so much for the update.  We were supposed to be on her this October for a Spain/Portugal sailing that was cancelled.   We are considering booking for next October but am waiting to hear if she got at least some soft wear updates. Your post is putting my mind at ease.    I hope you are getting an opportunity to see your daughter perform on the ship!  

• Like 1

Hi, 

I recently decided to book the Celebrity Infinity for a seven-day Caribbean cruise in early September. I cruised aboard the Celebrity Summit in July 2021 and really liked the new look of the ship's revolutionized staterooms and public areas. I realize that the Infinity has not been revolutionized, but I have reasonable expectations and should still enjoy the ship. I was able to get an incredible price as a solo cruiser in an AquaClass stateroom. I am looking forward to dining in Blu. 

Chuck  

6 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

I recently decided to book the Celebrity Infinity for a seven-day Caribbean cruise in early September. I cruised aboard the Celebrity Summit in July 2021 and really liked the new look of the ship's revolutionized staterooms and public areas. I realize that the Infinity has not been revolutionized, but I have reasonable expectations and should still enjoy the ship. I was able to get an incredible price as a solo cruiser in an AquaClass stateroom. I am looking forward to dining in Blu. 

Chuck  

FYI, in the rules you're allowed to invite one guest with you to BLU for breakfast and dinner; they can be in any room type.  Also as a solo you'll receive double points, currently AQ = 5/night so on a 7 night cruise you'll receive 70 points.

Just now, NutsAboutGolf said:

FYI, in the rules you're allowed to invite one guest with you to BLU for breakfast and dinner; they can be in any room type.  Also as a solo you'll receive double points, currently AQ = 5/night so on a 7 night cruise you'll receive 70 points.

Hi, 

Thanks for the information.

Chuck

On 6/15/2022 at 10:37 PM, Sam.Seattle said:

Here she is today!

Here is quote from the person taking the picture:  My daughter boarded the ship today! She is a lead vocalist in three shows on the Infinity. She toured the ship and says it’s beautiful! She also mentioned there were workers everywhere remodeling and painting and getting the ship ready for the first cruise out since covid!

Infinity 06 2022.jpgsuch good news.  We have been on the Infinity at least 3 times...around south America and thru the canal.  We board again in August and were concerned about her condition.  Thanks for the positive feedback from your daughter.  

Great pic....we are in a s2 suite 6118 on an upcoming cruise have never been on her can anyone identify our cabin from the pic as I think we might be above the lifeboats? Think it might be the small row with a solid divider on one side of them?

tx

12 minutes ago, gordylad said:

Great pic....we are in a s2 suite 6118 on an upcoming cruise have never been on her can anyone identify our cabin from the pic as I think we might be above the lifeboats? Think it might be the small row with a solid divider on one side of them?

tx

I think it's aft of the last orange lifeboat by a couple of cabins--over the white things whatever they are.  It's the second balcony aft of the smaller balconies.  Between the two white uprights I think.

3 hours ago, gordylad said:

tx

3 hours ago, 12cruise2 said:

I think it's aft of the last orange lifeboat by a couple of cabins--over the white things whatever they are.  It's the second balcony aft of the smaller balconies.  Between the two white uprights I think.

After zooming in on the picture and comparing to the deck plan, I actually think it's right above where the aft of the last life boat meets the white equipment. It's six cabins aft of the celebrity suites that are on the hump (4 veranda cabins then 2 SS). 

Edited by RichYak
  • Like 1