American Express offer

I think when the big offer popped up last year, the general consensus was that these offers only show up on standard AMEX cards, and not on the co-branded ones. Like I don't think anyone with a Delta AMEX said they had ever seen a RC offer. I never did, and don't see this one either.

• Like 1

Some have better benefits according to types of rewards.

The best one, nowadays, in my opinion, is the Am Ex Blue with 6% cash back on groceries. (Who doesn't buy groceries?) Plus, there are occasional limited-time offers, including offers on cruises.

• Like 1

Just now, Lady Hudson said:

So I checked for the offer and applied to my card (spend $500 get back $125).  Leaving tomorrow.  Will my onboard charges work for this offer?  Anyone know?

I would think so. I used it today for drink pkg and it worked.

For the folks who don't see the offer, one thing to note is that you'll only have 100 Offers on your card at a time. Add a bunch of other offers, then check back tomorrow (e.g. if you add 10 offers today, you'll have 10 new offers tomorrow). I had NCL yesterday, so added it and several others, just to "make space". Today the RCCL offer had been added, so I grabbed that. I'm hoping that the Celebrity offer will show up tomorrow.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ccqueenanne said:

For the folks who don't see the offer, one thing to note is that you'll only have 100 Offers on your card at a time. Add a bunch of other offers, then check back tomorrow (e.g. if you add 10 offers today, you'll have 10 new offers tomorrow). I had NCL yesterday, so added it and several others, just to "make space". Today the RCCL offer had been added, so I grabbed that. I'm hoping that the Celebrity offer will show up tomorrow.

Oh!  Thanks for that!  I have added about 20 offers so I'll check tomorrow to see if I have more offers - fingers crossed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

So I checked for the offer and applied to my card (spend $500 get back $125).  Leaving tomorrow.  Will my onboard charges work for this offer?  Anyone know?

No. The onboard charges show as the name of the ship. The charge has to come from Royal Caribbean. You can do a NextCruise booking and it shows as a charge from Royal Caribbean.

7 hours ago, GCS2000 said:

yep got in on the last AMEX deal for $500 (used 2X as it was on my card and my wife's).  This time just Norwegian no Royal.  In addition I just made our final payment yesterday so this would have been a nice little savings but oh well.  Can't win them all.

All the more reason to book another cruise. 😄

6 hours ago, ccqueenanne said:

Good deal. I tried that last time this offer came out and I never got it. I loaded lots of them and still had no luck 

12 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Why do people have multiple American Express cards?  Just curious. 

We gave ours up years ago, saw no value. 

Amex Gold is great. 4% CB on travel, restaurants. You get $10 Uber/Uber Eat credit, $10 for Grubhub&More to offset the $99 annual fee easily. Can transfer to most travel partners.

I also have Chase Visa Sapphire cards, but the Amex offers absolutely beat the Chase offers 100%.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ccqueenanne said:

I had the NCL offer but not Royal. I added 10 offers this morning and received new offers but sadly not for Royal. Maybe because I did the offer a few months ago. Thanks for the suggestion though.

On 6/15/2022 at 2:36 PM, NRWPA said:

Thanks for the info. I only have Delta and 2 Hiltons. Most of those offers are nothing I can use.

Same for us - I think the Delta branded one that we have doesn’t have many of the usual promos for some reason. 💆🏼‍♀️

On 6/15/2022 at 1:58 PM, Valmoisy said:

If you use American Express you should check your offers.  I just received a new offer, spend $500 on Royal Caribbean get $125 back.

I knew that an offer would come up right after final payment was due for our September cruise! I checked multiple times daily leading up to final payment and nothing! 

Guess I’ll have to use it towards our cruise in April 2023! Every cloud really does have a silver lining! 😄🛳😎

Thanks for the info. I’d stopped looking after I made final payment on the September cruise.

No luck for me or DH this time - yet. I added a bunch of offers to each of our cards since they replace any offers you’ve added. Hoping the Royal Caribbean offer will show up. I do have all the other cruise related offers others mentioned on this thread, just not the one I need. 🤞🏻