Princess Cruises with a baby

Niniloo

14 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I am going to sound like a grouch here and I don't know how well behaved your 15 month is.  However I would hope that if she behaves like a normal child and decides to badly misbehave in the dining room you would get up and take her out.  Also I would not want to be on an baby unfriendly excursion and have it ruined by a baby acting up.  It would ruin it for the rest of us.

I expect to be flamed for these remarks.

DON

Maybe you should choose an adults only cruise line like Virgin Voyages instead of family friendly cruise lines like Princess if you are concerned children may ruin your experience 😏

Thank you to all those that have been extremely helpful in helping us to make our cruising experience wonderful with our baby! I can’t wait to show her the world and feel very lucky to allow her to experience things that other young children may be less fortunate to do so.

Nina

• Like 2

More daughter recommendations.  She mentioned that she would prefer to use the ergo carrier and walk the stairs than wait for an elevator with your pram.  I am not sure how large your baby transport is,   Elevators/lifts are not very large.  Recommendation is 6 passengers.  One scooter will pretty much take up the entire space with a few others trying to cram in.  

To ease your mind a bit, Princess ships have very high standards.  Water is purified to almost perfect.  Granted, it has to be delivered via pipes.  If you have the beverage package, you can order all the bottled water for free.  Or pre-order a case of water to be delivered to our stateroom.  

I cannot emphasize enough, bring more nappies than you think you will need (or replenish onshore).  

Take turns going to the evening shows.  There will be two a night.  Gives you an adult break and enjoy the cruise.

18 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I am going to sound like a grouch here and I don't know how well behaved your 15 month is.  However I would hope that if she behaves like a normal child and decides to badly misbehave in the dining room you would get up and take her out.  Also I would not want to be on an baby unfriendly excursion and have it ruined by a baby acting up.  It would ruin it for the rest of us.

DON

In general the parents never seem to hear the commotion their kids make. They are so used to hearing the racket it becomes almost normal to them. Thankfully in the DR we have the option to not sit in that area when being led to our seat but on a tour you're almost stuck with them on the same small transport bus. I don't think there's anyone who would choose to be nearby. 

Good luck.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, donaldsc said:

DON

Agree with your comments despite what others have said. Our Alaska cruise was highly impacted by the toddler in the room next to us. I'm sure they had a great time on their cruise. We however, did not enjoy the ongoing screaming & crying. It effected our sleeping and using our balcony. Cannot imagine being on an hours-long excursion and enduring that. And before people flame me to ashes -- I'm a grandmother.

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Niniloo said:

Maybe you should choose an adults only cruise line like Virgin Voyages instead of family friendly cruise lines like Princess if you are concerned children may ruin your experience 😏

Thank you to all those that have been extremely helpful in helping us to make our cruising experience wonderful with our baby! I can’t wait to show her the world and feel very lucky to allow her to experience things that other young children may be less fortunate to do so.

Nina

Nina, enjoy your cruise and  I can’t say enough about what a wonderful experience we had starting with our sons first USA  domestic flight at six weeks old, followed by his first international trip at 8 weeks old and the first year of his life he was on a plane every single month. He’s grown now and his first job included international and domestic USA travel . We traveled for “ holiday”with him his whole entire life. 

Nina, I hope you looked at the family cruise section. Many nice threads there. You will be very prepared by 2023 for cruise.

Amazing some people’s comments ,they totally went off topic and interjected their feelings on children & behavior. Ignore them . This was not at all what you were asking. So insensitive of people .

I’m assuming this thread probably needs to be closed??

Edited by arizonaperson
Forgot something
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At that age I wouldn’t bother sterilizing sippy cups, just bring dishwashing soap. If you’re set on sterilizing then check mothercare and boots for the cold water sterilizing tablets, they are easy to transport. Bring small boxes of UHT milk to keep in your cabin. Load up on familiar snacks. Bring inflatable tub or hold your kid and shower. Be flexible, but try to stick to your routines. I think you’re looking at this through the lens of an infant, but it will all be easier as your baby gets bigger. 

We accompanied my Daughter  and son in law on a cruise with our eight month old grand daughter.  They boarded the ship with more pampers than luggage but still ran out in a hurry so carry plenty.  Also passengers were always coming up wanting to ay Hi  ,  tickle her on the feet etc..  Thats only natural as some people just like seeing babies which are rare onboard.  Thats something you might want to consider if you are concerned about covid.

Edited by jc foster

The OP has stated "HER MILK", which I am assuming is formula and that is why the OP still sterilizes the bottles. So, milk from the ship will not cut it. Is this a powdered formula to mix with water? OP states that it will be for the morning and night; twice a day.

There are no microwaves to sterilize bottles or warm up formula.

As far as babies and toddlers on board... we only experienced a negative time when the baby next door would cry for half of the night. This was not pleasant or restful for us. An diapers in the pool? No thanks.