Australian Couple Embark on a 2 year Cruise on the Coral Princess!

LACruiser88

An Aussie friend read that the couple stated they’re paying AUD$100/pp/day. My friend checked world cruise prices which for the least expensive cabin (interior) is AUD$200/pp/day. Based on prices he’s guessing they are in an interior cabin. At today’s current exchange rate the couple are paying USD$69/pp/day and it’s been posted the AUS rates include tips.

Maybe they’ll bring, or will be provided a fold up chair for their 2 years onboard. ☺️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Daniel A said:

But where can a couple sit when both are in the inside cabin - only one chair, correct?  I couldn't imagine spending months sitting on a bed with no back support.  Our preference is the Deluxe Balcony cabins on the Royal Class.  As least there's a love seat in addition to the desk chair.  At the risk of pulling a scab off an old wound, regular balcony cabins aren't the same since the barrel chairs got removed, so the balcony cabins would have the same problem set as the inside (with the exception of sitting on the balcony.)  I guess if a couple doesn't mind having to walk down a passageway or take an elevator to find a place where two people can sit together it would work for them.  I'm too lazy to walk that far.  Plus, if we spent all of our time on the lido outside the cabin, I would probably turn into a huge slice of pizza or a hamburger! 🍕🍔 😅

Yeah, I read the chair posts with much interest. We never even used the chair by the desk in our inside cabin except for when I blow dried my hair. But we are former campers, and tent campers to boot. Straight back chairs  are a luxury we have managed to do without. 😁. Now, two recliners….there were many days I would have welcomed those. 

• Haha 1

Soooo... Since the gratuities are baked into the fare for Australian cruises that really takes a big bite out of the value of Princess Plus. Having the gratuities paid via Princess Plus is a big part of the draw for that package.

16 hours ago, Daniel A said:

But where can a couple sit when both are in the inside cabin - only one chair, correct?  I couldn't imagine spending months sitting on a bed with no back support.

I suspect that anyone who is paying for two years on a cruise ship can request and get a 2nd chair in the cabin.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, caribill said:

I suspect that anyone who is paying for two years on a cruise ship can request and get a 2nd chair in the cabin.

But can you actually squeeze a second chair into an inside cabin ?

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2022 at 2:50 AM, Senga said:

Certainly not to that extent but our next door neighbours on the Grand Princess boarded in November and are staying onboard until October.  He said it’s cheaper than a retirement home and you wake up to a different view every day.  Afraid I’m too much of a “material girl” to deal with such a small place for that long.

Why do old people make these pointless comments - "cheaper than a retirement home" - he doesn't nees to be in a retirement home if he can go on a cruise for a year

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

Why do old people make these pointless comments - "cheaper than a retirement home" - he doesn't nees to be in a retirement home if he can go on a cruise for a year

Somebody else does your shopping, prepares your meals, launders and changes your linens while you sit on the Lido eating pizza and hamburgers 😏

Retirement homes don't have much 'eye candy' either!

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Our favorite cabin on Coral is an Ocean View. B731 (B728 is the same). It's an aft cabin and the window faces out onto the aft observation deck that goes clear across the back of the ship. There are loungers on that deck and it seems not many people go back there so it's kind of like having a gigantic balcony cabin. It's only a few steps from our cabin door to the outside door. I've tried to look into the cabin from that deck and, during the day, I can't see anything with just the sheer drapes pulled. (At night we pull the heavy drapes.) We will gladly book that cabin over a balcony and it is obviously less expensive. The window closest to the wooden door is our cabin window. Absolutely love that cabin. Getting ready for dinner we will take a drink out on the deck and watch the dolphins playing in the wake.

image.jpeg.b9344eba8782431cfc51cd0cc9a505f6.jpeg

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Our favorite cabin on Coral is an Ocean View. B731 (B728 is the same). It's an aft cabin and the window faces out onto the aft observation deck that goes clear across the back of the ship. There are loungers on that deck and it seems not many people go back there so it's kind of like having a gigantic balcony cabin. It's only a few steps from our cabin door to the outside door. I've tried to look into the cabin from that deck and, during the day, I can't see anything with just the sheer drapes pulled. (At night we pull the heavy drapes.) We will gladly book that cabin over a balcony and it is obviously less expensive. The window closest to the wooden door is our cabin window. Absolutely love that cabin. Getting ready for dinner we will take a drink out on the deck and watch the dolphins playing in the wake.

That looks a really lovely spot to sit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimbo1683 said:

That looks a really lovely spot to sit

It is nice and it's great that most people don't seem to know about that deck. The forward observation decks don't have any furniture. The aft deck is usually either deserted or there "may" be someone on 2 or 3 of the loungers. We would gladly do 30-40 days in that cabin.

Naturally, the Australia/New Zealand cruises we can connect together next year are all on Grand Princess instead. D'Oh! On that ship we will book a Caribe balcony.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Thrak said:

That was our cabin many years ago on a Hawaii cruise, when the Coral was new to the Princess fleet.  Enjoyed the back deck as if it were our (semi) private balcony!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

We had a 'semi wrap around' balcony on a corner minisuite on Coral's Caribe deck.  On that deck there were only the mini's no Ocean Views so that aft deck almost connected with our balcony.  A group of about 30 people discovered that deck and would have a 1 1/2 hour cocktail party there each night before dinner time, but the balcony was all ours the remainder of the time.  Were I to ever sail on Coral again, I'd book C728 or C727 in a heartbeat!

We had that balcony and deck on a Panama Canal full transit - I can't think of a better place to be.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

We had a 'semi wrap around' balcony on a corner minisuite on Coral's Caribe deck.  On that deck there were only the mini's no Ocean Views so that aft deck almost connected with our balcony.  A group of about 30 people discovered that deck and would have a 1 1/2 hour cocktail party there each night before dinner time, but the balcony was all ours the remainder of the time.  Were I to ever sail on Coral again, I'd book C728 or C727 in a heartbeat!

We had that balcony and deck on a Panama Canal full transit - I can't think of a better place to be.

We've also had that cabin several times for Panama Canal cruises. Neighbors only on one side. I think I could easily live in that cabin for two years!

• Like 2