Regal Princess or Caribbean Princess

JerseyGirlatHeart

Looking at doing a 14 day on either the Regal or the Caribbean (the Regal does a B2B and the Caribbean does a true 14 day).  For those that have cruised recently, are both ships in good repair.  If you have sailed both, which do you prefer?  We love Aft Cabins, do both these ships have the "Beam" issue?

Thanks in advance. 

I sailed on the Caribbean in December and the Regal in February. Both were great cruises. The funny thing is that one woman on my cruise in February did not realize she was not on a true 14-day cruise. I had a great aft deluxe balcony cabin on the Regal. I did not have any beam issue, but perhaps other cabins do.

It's hard for me to take a preference between the ships. They both have things I miss when I sail on the other. For instance, I love walking outside on the Promenade Deck on the Caribbean. The Regal has a narrow little pathway beneath the lifeboats where I could walk back and forth between the larger outside deck areas--but it's not the same as a nice outside Promenade. But the Regal has Alfredo's, which is a great place for lunch on port days when the dining room isn't open.

I'd probably choose the true 14-day cruise. You will get more variety in the menus instead of having them repeat and the same with the shows. Plus that will give you a chance to make friends with people over two weeks. The 14-day cruise will skew older. That's not a problem for me. I never was one for nightlife. And you won't waste time going back to Florida. The 14-day offers a lot of nice islands, especially Aruba and Curacao.

• Like 1

It’s a tough decision. The true 14 nighter as opposed to 2 7 nighters is a plus, but we prefer Regal with their deluxe balconies with sofa, instead of a balcony with not even a chair. Regal has a much nicer buffet area, -& her Retreat Pool is awesome. CP does have Explorer Lounge. As I said; tough decision! Can’t offer an opinion on the aft rooms. I would say that overall, we prefer the Royal class ships.

• Like 1

We did both of these (pre-Covid), so not recently. Personally I much prefer Regal Princess due to various reasons: better pools, I prefer the Royal class layout for inside areas (Princess Live in particular), better spa area (LOVE the Enclave) and the free pizzeria on the 5th (Alfredos) is awesome. We did just sail Regal in January and it is was as great as before Covid 🙂

As for two 7 days vs a true 14 day, 14 day has much better ports obviously. However, I would not do another 14 day in Caribbean at least probably for a while due to an incident with fellow cruiser we had on Caribbean Princess. Long story, but nothing entitles fellow passenger to scream at my child (10 at the time) when I am within the eyesight and all that happened was a paper book got wet by the pool. However, once my DS goes to college (6 more years) and we start travelling by ourselves I would totally do longer cruises again!

• Like 1

The true 14 day circle the Caribbean would be my choice, no turn around day and being able to visit the southern Caribbean islands that a 7 day cruise can not reach.  Nothing really bad about either ship with pluses and minuses for both. Really enjoy the full promenade, Terrace Pool, and additional pools on the Caribbean Princess. Also enjoy Club Fusion and Explorer's Lounge on the Caribbean. The Regal does not have these venues. Pool space and shade are limited on the Regal.

Also, the Circle the Caribbean should have fewer youth on board. The longer the cruise the fewer the youth. 

• Like 2