Any likelihood of an Oasis class deployment to Southampton?

• terrierjohn changed the title to Any likelihood of an Oasis class deployment to Southampton?
15 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Not enough ports to take that size of ship. We loved when indy was from southampton down to carnaries and back. Anthem not so much modern ship but no soul or fun tbh. 

Aw, don't say that. I'm going on Anthem to the Canaries in September. 🙃

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Didn’t enjoy Anthem in 2015 in her maiden year from Southampton but really enjoyed it a few weeks ago.

One of our best cruises and our new favourite ship 👍

• Like 2

The weather doesn’t support an Oasis class ship. The boardwalk and Central Park areas would be out of action a lot of the time. 

Also, there are too many seas days needed to get to the good stuff. 

Edited by Billy Baltic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

You'll be fine. I went on it for the first time in August around Britain. First week took a bit to find my way about. Second week was much better. At least you will get some sun and the Canaries are good ports

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

To which ports should it go? No for Norway and most of Baltic ports. Even in the Med they can only do the same 7 day cruises over and over again.

If they keep building big ships, maybe even Edinburgh might get one

3 minutes ago, bigeck said:

You'll be fine. I went on it for the first time in August around Britain. First week took a bit to find my way about. Second week was much better. At least you will get some sun and the Canaries are good ports

I'm sure we will. Mainly looking to chill on this one after dragging my poor DH around ruins galore in the Greek Isles and Turkey when we were on Odyssey last month. 😆

Since the pandemic, I'm less fussed about flying abroad so I'd definitely be up for it but I think they would be limited on ports. More important to me than having an Oasis Class though is having something other than Anthem in Southampton (whether as a replacement or a 2nd ship).

Edited by CruisingJoe09

Anthem of the Seas is a great ship we’ve been lucky enough to have two fantastic cruises on her.

Likewise Independence of the Seas.

With regards to an “ o “ class cruising from Southampton I’d love the idea but as others have said I’m not convinced she’d get into many ports.

But one can hope.

• Like 1

P&O will have Iona and Arvia which are not much smaller than an Oasis class sailing out of Sourhampton to a wide range of Fjords and Med ports by next summer. So I think any doubts that an Oasis ship could easily do the the same are easily dispelled.

It just needs RCI to decide it would make economic sense.

On 6/21/2022 at 6:18 PM, FionaMG said:

For some reason, the Brits have been obsessed with Indy and would happily sail on here every year and watch the same shows year on year. Never understood it myself.

You'll have a great time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

For some reason, the Brits have been obsessed with Indy and would happily sail on here every year and watch the same shows year on year. Never understood it myself.

Me neither.

But apparently my fellow Brits are creatures of habit which explains why so many go back to the same hotel in the same resort every year.

There’s a big world out there - go explore it!

As for Royal, I wish they’d send Southampton a different ship each year - even if it’s another Quantum class. Anthem’s getting boring.

While we love O class ships, and DW has been on the Indy, I'm trying to convince her that any size ship doing an around British Isles cruise is just fine as there's so many ports that the ship is basically your overnight train and sleeper car.😉