What's the best thing you've eaten on a Carnival cruise lately?

geochick73

Leaving this weekend on our first cruise in 10 years!   Eating is one of our favorite parts of a cruise.   I've been a little disappointed to read that several people think the quality of Carnival's food has really declined in recent years.   So, let me hear what you've had lately that you thought was really good...app, entree, dessert, whatever.   I'll make sure and order some of these items next week.  We will be on the Ecstasy so we won't have a steakhouse available.

TIA!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

The Indian vegetarian in the MDR. Not because I’m a vegetarian. It was just really that good. Had it in addition to other entrees almost every night. 

I’m definitely going to try this next week!  

We were on Ecstasy end of May and we were pretty happy with the MDR cuisine.  Favorites would be the fruity soups, the beef tenderloin, grilled shrimps, frog legs and yes the Indian vegetarian.  The WCMC was yummy as usual.  Have a great cruise!!

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 3

Mongolian Wok, Southwestern Chicken Wrap at Deli, breakfast burrito/taco at Blue Iguana, Guy's Burgers. MDR? Hmmmmmm. Grand Marnier Souffle is about all. Really disappointed in everything else, food used to be so good in there. I've been on 4 cruises so far this year - Vista, Breeze and Dream. Across the board the quality has gone downhill. Hoping for you the Ecstasy still has good food in the MDR!

• Like 1

I'm on the Magic in Sept.  I was never a fan of Carnival food.  I'm looking forward to not putting on the pounds....especially because I don't wait on long lines for sub-par food.

But, to answer the question....the cakes at the lunch buffet!

Edited by MsTabbyKats
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, ChuckF said:

If you've never had a Guy's Burger, you have to try one.  But by far, the make-your-own burrito at the Blue Iguana is top of the line.  Make sure to put some shrimp in there. 

Quality of Guy's was much lower in Feb and May.  The meat was  inferior.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

We were on Ecstasy end of May and we were pretty happy with the MDR cuisine.  Favorites would be the fruity soups, the beef tenderloin, grilled shrimps, frog legs and yes the Indian vegetarian.  The WCMC was yummy as usual.  Have a great cruise!!

The fruity soups are definitely on my list, I’ve never tried any of them!  Thx for the other suggestions!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChuckF said:

If you've never had a Guy's Burger, you have to try one.  But by far, the make-your-own burrito at the Blue Iguana is top of the line.  Make sure to put some shrimp in there. 

I haven’t been on a ship with either of those  restaurants yet…looking forward to trying both! 

59 minutes ago, nlktx49 said:

Mongolian Wok, Southwestern Chicken Wrap at Deli, breakfast burrito/taco at Blue Iguana, Guy's Burgers. MDR? Hmmmmmm. Grand Marnier Souffle is about all. Really disappointed in everything else, food used to be so good in there. I've been on 4 cruises so far this year - Vista, Breeze and Dream. Across the board the quality has gone downhill. Hoping for you the Ecstasy still has good food in the MDR!

I don’t think we have a Mongolian Wok, but thanks for the other suggestions!  I hate to hear that the MDR food has been disappointing, I’m crossing my fingers for the Ecstasy! 

19 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

The best was the Beignets at Emeril's  on the Mardi Gras

IMG_7309.JPG

Those look amazing!  We don’t have an Emeril’s on the Ecstasy, but I’ll keep these in mind when I book my next cruise! 😋

1 minute ago, nwcruiselover said:

Guy’s burgers and lobster in the steakhouse.

We don’t have a steakhouse on the ship, but I’m wondering if it is worth it to order the lobster in the MDR and just pay the fee.

3 minutes ago, jerseygirlinAZ said:

The spring rolls in the MDR are wonderful.  Everything I've had in the Steakhouse and Italian specialty restaurants has been fabulous (and I'm a vegetarian).

I'll be sure and try the spring rolls...can't try the other places bc the Ecstasy doesn't currently have any specialty dining.  😞

On embarkation day on Lido during lunch they serve funfetti cheesecake. It's very good.

Beef tenderloin, bitter-n-blanc, and baked alaska in the MDR.

I am not much of a sweets eater at home oddly enough! but I do love several of Carnival's desserts.

• Like 3