Penthouse Junior Suite 7000 questions

SempreMare

The door is very convenient for that “occasional” afternoon or evening beverage.
There is minimal traffic in that corridor, since the more convenient main entrance for everyone not on your corridor is on the other side. Most not on that corridor are not even aware of the door, and it is more trouble than walking through the main corridor.

Can’t speak to through the wall noise from the lounge, as we haven’t been in that particular cabin.

• Like 1

It is unlikely you get much, if any, noise from the adjacent lounge. It isn't overly loud, even when live music is provided. You also have a main fire zone insulated bulkhead between the cabin and the lounge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

It is unlikely you get much, if any, noise from the adjacent lounge. It isn't overly loud, even when live music is provided. You also have a main fire zone insulated bulkhead between the cabin and the lounge.

Quite right and the door is heavy and fire rated.  The noise is from the strong closer that can slam the door shut if one is not expecting it.  🍺

• Like 2

We have had the second cabin in from the Explorer's Lounge and never heard a thing from the Explorer's Lounge. We did occasionally hear the door slam shut but not very often.  I personally wouldn't think twice about rebooking that cabin.   The location is great!

• Like 1

Thank you all!! 

Odd that searching did not show that thread.

Ah - i see why.  Since my arm left arm is fully immobilized in a sling, I'm using dictation, or one hand plus Breevy, a text expander

I must have searched with the full words penthouse junior suite instead of the acronym.  Yep...

In any event, as someone extra fire paranoid I'm happy to hear about the extra fire protection on the side of the room.

We've been in 7002 on Orion (second up the hall from that door into Explorers) and loved it. Zero issues with noise (except for the occasional door slam). We've booked it again for next year.

On 6/25/2022 at 4:56 PM, SempreMare said:

Penthouse Junior Suite 7000 questions

Is there a door next to this room that connects to the Explorer's lounge?

Any issues with noise in this location?

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/ships/viking-mars.html

• Like 1