Bingo

siestakeys04

On 6/27/2022 at 11:31 AM, siestakeys04 said:

Hello cruise critic!! I have searched using different terms can someone tell me the prices of bingo cards?

Just returned from the Liberty. $25.00 for a tripple card. $48 for a 9 card sheet. Both for 3 games.

Three rounds per session.  25 gets 3 cards per game (on one sheet), 38 gets 6 cards per game (2x3 sheets) and 48 gets 9 cards per game  (3x3) plus a bonus sheet of 3 for use in the last game of the session.  The 48 pkg comes with the dauber and a pull tab.  

• Like 1

Just off Magic.  Yes, they had the $38, $48 and $58 dollar "deals."  Also, if you bought your card at early sales (usually around 11-11:30) they threw in an extra 3 game strip.  Also, if you brought your dauber to show, extra strip.  And if you wore your bingo shirt ($58 package) you got an extra strip.  So some got 3 extra strips.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Anyone know what percent of the bingo card sales are paid back in prizes?  

It doesn't go by %.  It is a fixed number prior to the sales of the cards.  I THINK that Carnival makes a killing off of bingo when you compare the money spent on cards vs the payout of the prizes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vwrestler171 said:

It doesn't go by %.  It is a fixed number prior to the sales of the cards.  I THINK that Carnival makes a killing off of bingo when you compare the money spent on cards vs the payout of the prizes.

Yes, considering the jackpot bingo almost never achieves the Bingo in the required number of balls (blackout in under 50 balls), so that big game is only $1000 and they easily have that made.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

......  I THINK that Carnival makes a killing off of bingo when you compare the money spent on cards vs the payout of the prizes.

They definitely make a ton of money from bingo card sales, otherwise the cruise director wouldn't spend so much time on the PA telling us that we need to buy cards.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

Deal or No Deal is another big money maker for the cruise line

10 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

I understood that part.  When I was sitting there next to Mrs Ldubs I tried to estimate the total card sales against the prizes.  They do pretty well I think.  Being a capitalist at heart, I'm all for them making money, I just wonder what that margin might be.   

On our Magic cruise we had time to kill before bingo started, so began counting people' cards at all the tables we could see. (we were sitting on 2nd level of dining room where they had moved bingo since so many people were playing.  Every table in dining room main floor was filled, with at least 2 sets of cards at each.  Using the $38 number (most people "upgraded" to $48 or $58 sets, as we could see a lot of pulltabs also, which are sold with the more expensive sets) we stopped counting at 100 cards sold - so that is a minimum of $3800 right there.  First bingo game payed out $150, second game payed out $280, and third game payed out $375 for the bingo we attended.  Believe me - Carnival (and probably all the lines) are making a killing on bingo.  Of course, no one won the $5000 coverall in 49 numbers or less.