I'm back!

waterbug123

Just wanted to say hello again.  I used to be a regular poster on this forum, but stopped posting during the early months of covid when air travel mostly ceased.  Tried to come back a few times and could either never log in or I could log in but my replies usually wouldn't show up etc.  But it looks like everything is functioning normally for me and I've been able to post and reply again.  I don't know what the problem was or why it suddenly wasn't a problem anymore, but I'm glad to be back and able to participate again!

Nice to see many familiar user names are still here! For those who are newer, I'm a frequent flyer, mostly familiar with Delta, and some of their Sky Team partners.  We returned to cruising this past Jan, flying to Barbados for a cruise in Jan, then another Carib cruise out of Miami last month, and flying next month to Venice for an Oceania cruise. Looking forward to hopefully being a regular poster here again!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Welcome back to the Boards!  It's difficult to understand why some of these sites work smoothly and then, a glitch happens.  Maybe caused by an "improvement" to the site that our computers don't understand?  

• Like 1

Welcome back! There really wasn't much going on here for a long time, and I'm only back myself because of a possibility that we might do a cruise this year. But that plan has hit a date clash, so you may all be rid of me again for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 4:21 PM, rkacruiser said:

Welcome back to the Boards!  It's difficult to understand why some of these sites work smoothly and then, a glitch happens.  Maybe caused by an "improvement" to the site that our computers don't understand?  

God only knows.  I'd come back and try to post and it would tell me to log in but I'd already be logged in.  I'd log out and then log in again and it still wouldn't work most of the time.  Also couldn't use the quote feature.  All in all it was such a pain I just gave up.  Thankfully whatever the issue was, it now appears to be fine!

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 4:18 AM, Globaliser said:

Welcome back! There really wasn't much going on here for a long time, and I'm only back myself because of a possibility that we might do a cruise this year. But that plan has hit a date clash, so you may all be rid of me again for a while.

Darn, I hope that doesn't happen because I always enjoy your posts and comments.  You are certainly one of the more knowledgeable posters on this forum!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 7:52 PM, waterbug123 said:

Darn, I hope that doesn't happen because I always enjoy your posts and comments.  You are certainly one of the more knowledgeable posters on this forum!

I'm blushing now! It's lovely of you to say so - thank you. 😗 Not that I have been flying very much for the last couple of years.

I'm trying not to get frustrated by the frequent sense that around here, it's too often a case of the blind leading the blind.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2022 at 2:35 PM, waterbug123 said:

Just wanted to say hello again.  I used to be a regular poster on this forum, but stopped posting during the early months of covid when air travel mostly ceased.  Tried to come back a few times and could either never log in or I could log in but my replies usually wouldn't show up etc.  But it looks like everything is functioning normally for me and I've been able to post and reply again.  I don't know what the problem was or why it suddenly wasn't a problem anymore, but I'm glad to be back and able to participate again!

Nice to see many familiar user names are still here! For those who are newer, I'm a frequent flyer, mostly familiar with Delta, and some of their Sky Team partners.  We returned to cruising this past Jan, flying to Barbados for a cruise in Jan, then another Carib cruise out of Miami last month, and flying next month to Venice for an Oceania cruise. Looking forward to hopefully being a regular poster here again!

Ah... Barbados!  Venice!!  Oceania!

Gee, those names sound very familiar for some reason...

We are really champing at the bit to get back to traveling anywhere at all.  Even the next town over would be a very big deal just now.  When one's "travel excitement" is due to a dental emergency, it's just not the same. 😞

Welcome back.  This is your one-month anniversary!

🍷 🍷

GC

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Globaliser said:

I'm trying not to get frustrated by the frequent sense that around here, it's too often a case of the blind leading the blind.

Years back, there was a saying....opinions are like 727s - everyone has one.

Don't get frustrated....let the substance of your commentary provide the evidence of which opinions should be followed and which are just air.

And feel free to be using one of my favorite words to start a post:

INCORRECT

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 4:51 PM, GeezerCouple said:

Ah... Barbados!  Venice!!  Oceania!

Gee, those names sound very familiar for some reason...

We are really champing at the bit to get back to traveling anywhere at all.  Even the next town over would be a very big deal just now.  When one's "travel excitement" is due to a dental emergency, it's just not the same. 😞

Welcome back.  This is your one-month anniversary!

🍷 🍷

GC

Thanks, I'm still struggling to get back in the habit of checking in here more frequently.  After so much "time off" I keep forgetting, LOL