Coffee on Equinox

AbbyCruiser45

Hi all- I’ve only sailed E class where there is the Al Bacio II in the Ocean View Cafe. I’ll be sailing Equinox this summer and I know there is not an Al Bacio at the buffet, but do they have any custom coffee like a lattes? I feel like I remember reading that the bar does coffee in the morning, but I can’t find confirmation. Just planning my morning fix ahead of time! Thanks I’m advance. 

Since the OP is asking about latte options at the buffet, yes, you will find them at the bar there.  Advice:  sit on that side of the buffet so you can make it easier to get what you want from the bar….You may have to go and get it yourself since they don’t really have  bar waiters in the morning. The bar will be staffed so they can make mimosas and bloody Mary’s and such and they will also make you a coffee there

7 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Since the OP is asking about latte options at the buffet, yes, you will find them at the bar there.  Advice:  sit on that side of the buffet so you can make it easier to get what you want from the bar….You may have to go and get it yourself since they don’t really have  bar waiters in the morning. The bar will be staffed so they can make mimosas and bloody Mary’s and such and they will also make you a coffee there

Yes, and another tip - if your loyalty level includes free lattes, etc, recommend you do get it yourself. That way you can remind the bartender that there  should be no charge. The wandering servers really don't  have access to that info or are too busy to check, so by getting it yourself, you may save yourself a trip or two to Guest Services to get the coffee charges removed from your card. 

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

The info “Elite Plus” or “zenith” should be displayed on your SeaPass card.

I'm  aware,  but as mentioned, the servers don't always take the time or have the awareness to know all that this means.

I have even had a GS agent insist to me (E+) that no, lattes are not free. But she removed the charge "this time". 

Not worth the argument, just easier to head off the issue beforehand. 

Perks are far more front of mind to passengers and those on Cruise Critic, than the average staffer. 

YMMV

Like others said there are two Al Bacio's -   The one at Ocean View you probably wouldn't even notice unless you look up and read the sign.     When you first walk in there is a bar were they are serving Juices and drinks.    They also make all the Al Bacio drinks there.    Often our suite is on a higher floor and more convenient to grab my coffee there.   Only coffee  -- no pastries

By the way recently on Silhouette they opened up a 3rd spots in the morning.    The area where they sell Gellato also has a Coffee Machine and they used it for express service for coffee's only - no pastries

• Like 2

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Equinox does have what is labeled Il Secondo on other S Class ships in the Oceanview Buffet.  On the port side at you enter.  Same hours as the Buffet.  It is a full service bar and it also makes specialty coffees.

To be clear:

The main Al Bacio is on Deck 5

Al Bacio 11 is in the buffet - enter by the right hand door and it is on your left.

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Like others said there are two Al Bacio's -   The one at Ocean View you probably wouldn't even notice unless you look up and read the sign.     When you first walk in there is a bar were they are serving Juices and drinks.    They also make all the Al Bacio drinks there.    Often our suite is on a higher floor and more convenient to grab my coffee there.   Only coffee  -- no pastries

Yes, we know you are in a suite🥱

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, canderson said:

Jim sails in all sorts of cabins.  Cut him a break.

Thanks for your kind remarks --- Some people just enjoy being negative and snarky and are just best ignored.   They then burn themselves out with no one reading their remarks. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Equinox does have what is labeled Il Secondo on other S Class ships in the Oceanview Buffet.  On the port side at you enter.  Same hours as the Buffet.  It is a full service bar and it also makes specialty coffees.

👍Yes, that is my go to place and the baristas are a delight and  always ask me to take a seat and send the waiter with my cappucino, water, etc. so I am not doing a balancing act with glasses and breakfast plates.☺️

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

By the way recently on Silhouette they opened up a 3rd spots in the morning.    The area where they sell Gellato also has a Coffee Machine and they used it for express service for coffee's only - no pastries

Thank you Jim. We learn a lot of things from you. Hope you and Ian are planning another cruise soon so we can follow your adventures. We are going on the Eq and are looking forward to it.

As a note... back before we had AI... I liked to go to the pancake section of the Ocean View Cafe to get a dollop of whipped cream to add to my coffee .. if you do this.. make sure you get the whipped cream and not the whipped butter 🙂 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Thank you Jim. We learn a lot of things from you. Hope you and Ian are planning another cruise soon so we can follow your adventures. We are going on the Eq and are looking forward to it.

Thanks much...  We are leaving on a B3B in 31 days on Summit.  It's a Greenland/Iceland cruise so will be almost all new ports for us.   Not that I'm counting.   

It's been a couple years since we have been on Equinox but have always enjoyed her.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kearney said:

As a note... back before we had AI... I liked to go to the pancake section of the Ocean View Cafe to get a dollop of whipped cream to add to my coffee .. if you do this.. make sure you get the whipped cream and not the whipped butter 🙂 

You have me chuckling.    I got a baked potato and put Horseradish on it instead of sour cream.  Woke up my sinuses for sure.

• Haha 3