So disappointed with Royal Caribbean

2 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

And you can thank China for that.  😄

Mama Mia was moved from Quantum ("refurbed" for China) to Allure.

I thought Mama Mia was still on 2 ships🤔

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We walked out of Chicago on Allure. Sat in the back on an aisle, so I didn't feel to guilty

4 hours ago, RFerrington said:

We also hated Chicago.  At least it had a short life.

Really?  Chicago is another show I love.  Maybe be it’s just doing it at sea???!

• Like 2

Spectra WAS horrible.

We Will Rock You was pretty good, if you can wrap you head around someone riding a BMX bike around the stage before they were invented.

Sounds like I need to avoid Cats in August/September. Thanks for the heads up!

On 7/8/2022 at 8:36 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

the guy who played the King was the absolute best part of the whole show. He was hysterical.

"And when push comes to shove I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love! Da da da dat da dat da da da da ya da Da da dat dat da ya da! Da da da dat da dat da da da da ya da Da da dat dat da…"

We still laugh over the king and some of what he sang.  He (and that crazy laugh) were awesome! 🤣

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 6:38 AM, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I don't get all the drama over a show.  So you don't like it, that's fine.  Why there are so many threads about not liking it is beyond me.  I don't like bingo.  You know what?  I don't go.  I don't like art auctions.  You know what?  I don't go.  I'm not interested in dance classes.  You know what?  I don't go.  

Probably because production shows are a big draw for many.  Bingo, not so much  😀

A better example if the MDR really was horrible.  Or the buffet was really horrible.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

There seems to be plenty of people at them when I happen to walk by so I guess the answer to your question is yes.

I guess different strikes (literally in this case), but I wonder how many are there for the free champagne.

On 7/6/2022 at 8:58 PM, soremekun said:

Four letter word...... CATS!!!!!

My oh my what a train wreck!   Some people in a board room somewhere actually said, "This is great!  Let's make this a featured show on one of our premier cruise ships.  We'll make millions!"

Do the actors and actresses actually enjoy performing in this debacle?  

I will never watch this show again.

Choice: Walk barefoot over hot coals, then broken glass, then rusty nails, then cute kittens or.... rewatch Cats?  Easy decision.

Definitely a love it or hate it show.  Our family falls in the hate it.  Wish they’d replace with Hamilton or bring back Chicago.

5 hours ago, baelor said:

Does anyone?  Are they not widely viewed as scams?

Au contraire mon ami, those cruise ship art auctions are great places to hidden hidden gems by some of the Greats. 🖼️ And the prices are way better that those rip off auction houses in New York, London or Paris. I mean you can't spend a grand in those places and get an original by Masters of the art world like  Wally Picasso, Candy Monet, Jimmy Pollock or the Master of all Masters, Denis the Menace Rembrandt.  I ❤️ cruise ship art auctions!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bgoff60 said:

{Wink} I heard that CATS will be extended ANOTHER 5 years...

Huh.  I figured Royal didn't want to cancel it, but just let the engagement run out.  Extending it?  Probably the even Cats fans don't want to see it that many more times.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, baelor said:

What exactly is the appeal?  I am so confused.

The amazing quality at unbelievable prices, oh and the free drinks.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Seriously I was told a lot of the pics are bought by interior designers for use in offices. Buying on the ship gives them a tax deductible break, like attending an onboard work  conference that it's a very big earner for the cruise lines.

7 hours ago, the penguins said:

The amazing quality at unbelievable prices, oh and the free drinks.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Seriously I was told a lot of the pics are bought by interior designers for use in offices. Buying on the ship gives them a tax deductible break, like attending an onboard work  conference that it's a very big earner for the cruise lines.

Reminds me of a ski trip to Aspen back in the 80s, where wife’s friends who were with us were RNs met some others that were attending some sort of conference, were allowed to join said conference, and everyone had a tax deductible event.  Hadn’t thought of it for buying “artwork” for work.😂